lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
June 2nd, 2018 at 2:08:42 AM permalink
one more black eye in Uber's long, long, list of effups. they discontinued their driverless car science projects.

effing Uber is a effing disaster

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uber-says-its-deeply-troubled-after-driver-accused-of-shooting-killing-passenger-denver-2018-06-01/

here's a partial list in this order:

deaths, assaults, sexual assaults, kidnappings, felons, impostors, other serious incidents

http://www.whosdrivingyou.org/rideshare-incidents
Please don't feed the trolls
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 2nd, 2018 at 4:09:16 AM permalink
Their business model is based on forcing marginalized drivers to accept constantly shaved fees.

If they offered a decent commission schedule they would do fine but its not a brokerage of ride sharing information its a brokerage of constantly forcing more from the drivers while paying them less.

When you force your drivers into long hours and poverty you get people who snap at some real or imagined "final straw".
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 2nd, 2018 at 6:48:10 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Their business model is based on forcing marginalized drivers to accept constantly shaved fees.

If they offered a decent commission schedule they would do fine but its not a brokerage of ride sharing information its a brokerage of constantly forcing more from the drivers while paying them less.

When you force your drivers into long hours and poverty you get people who snap at some real or imagined "final straw".

Not sure that is the case here. Sounds like both people had and fired a gun. Was this possibly a robbery gone wrong? It happened while on a highway so there is way more to the story than told.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
June 2nd, 2018 at 7:23:07 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Not sure that is the case here. Sounds like both people had and fired a gun. Was this possibly a robbery gone wrong? It happened while on a highway so there is way more to the story than told.

Bullsh****

I've read 5 different stories on the incident

Not one says anything about finding another gun.

Not one source said anything about a robbery.

All there is is a man charged with murder saying he was attacked.

Murderers have no problem lying.

The only thing that you said that has any truth to it is "there is way more to the story than told."

All of the rest of your post is absolutely worthless speculation.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
June 2nd, 2018 at 7:38:30 AM permalink
So do you think we should be ashamed or embarrassed for using Uber? Do you see this as another "Social Justice" issue.

I do not see Uber as an effin disaster by any means and I don't believe most do either.

I use it all the time in certain cities and have never had a issue and in almost every case it is cheaper and a better ride than dealing with a cab. In Vegas, there is no comparison.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
June 2nd, 2018 at 7:43:08 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

So do you think we should be ashamed or embarrassed for using Uber? Do you see this as another "Social Justice" issue.

I didn't say a single thing indicating you should be ashamed or embarrassed for using Uber.

I didn't say a single thing about it being a "Social Justice" issue.

I'm angry that Uber was allowed to develop their business which is a competitor to the taxi business and was not required to submit to anywhere near the same degree of regulation as are taxi companies.

I see it as an example of those in authority favoring tech companies in their decision making. Similar to Facebook and Google being allowed to collect reams of data on their users and then mishandle it or sell it without the knowledge of the users and without any appropriate oversight.
  • Jump to: