bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
November 30th, 2016 at 11:00:46 AM permalink
In an interview with Megyn Kelly on 11/13/2016, Kelly asked Newt Gingrich what he would like to do in the upcoming Trump Administration.

"I want to be the general planner, looking out over the next eight years
and trying to design how we fundamentally reshape the federal
government," Gingrich told Fox News' Megyn Kelly on "The Kelly File."
"That’s a very broad job. The closest analogy probably is Harry Hopkins and the work he did for Franklin Delano Roosevelt."

I would be surprised if more than 1% of the folks on this forum know who Harry Hopkins was. I mean, who he really was.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting thing for Gingrich to say. I'm just sayin.

Thought for the day: Venona Files
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 30th, 2016 at 2:33:53 PM permalink
I thought fundamentally changing the government was a bad thing? Newts been screaming about it for eight years.
Drain the swamp, indeed.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
bobbartop
bobbartop
November 30th, 2016 at 3:45:52 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I thought fundamentally changing the government was a bad thing? Newts been screaming about it for eight years.
Drain the swamp, indeed.

It's even worse than that, he's making an analogy using Harry Hopkins. Hopkins was "Agent 19", a highly placed Soviet Agent in the Roosevelt Administration. Why does Newt Gingrich want to be like Harry Hopkins?

This is so buried in American history, like I said, few know the name, let alone who he was. Certainly no millennial watching Kelly and Newt's interview picked up on it. If Megyn Kelly is such a journalist why didn't she ask him right there about the reference to Hopkins? Seems at least newsworthy.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
November 30th, 2016 at 4:15:50 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Drain the swamp, indeed.

As everyone knows, Harry Hopkins was a secret agent from the planet Zebulon Twelve and ate Roosevelt's brain soon after he came to the White House. From 1937 on, Roosevelt was merely an animated zombie. As everyone knows. I'm surprised more people don't know that. Hopkins returned to his home planet after Roosevelt "died" (the Zebulorks actually ordered him to de-animate Roosevelt's corpse), taking with him the schematics for the 300 mpg carburetor. Priceless artifacts of Zebulork technology that "Hopkins" left behind are under tight security at Area 51.

I can see how Gingrich might like the idea of turning Trump into a zombie and controlling the government through him. Heck, even though Gingrich is a douchebag, even I like the idea.
bobbartop
bobbartop
November 30th, 2016 at 4:39:47 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

As everyone knows, Harry Hopkins was a secret agent from the planet Zebulon Twelve and ate Roosevelt's brain soon after he came to the White House. From 1937 on, Roosevelt was merely an animated zombie. As everyone knows. I'm surprised more people don't know that. Hopkins returned to his home planet after Roosevelt "died" (the Zebulorks actually ordered him to de-animate Roosevelt's corpse), taking with him the schematics for the 300 mpg carburetor. Priceless artifacts of Zebulork technology that "Hopkins" left behind are under tight security at Area 51.

I can see how Gingrich might like the idea of turning Trump into a zombie and controlling the government through him. Heck, even though Gingrich is a douchebag, even I like the idea.

You could have just replied to me directly and told me I'm full of it. Are you afraid you're going to get nuked? Either way, it's your credibility on the line, not mine. Serious students know that the Venona Papers are no joke.
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
November 30th, 2016 at 4:58:54 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

You could have just replied to me directly and told me I'm full of it.

I am as worried about the return of the Zebulorks as you are. And I certainly appreciate your sharing your unique version of history with all of us. It makes me think: what if the signers of the Declaration of Independence were all drunk? What if the Spanish-American War never really happened? What if Abraham Lincoln was actually an anteater? Inquiring minds should want to know!
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
November 30th, 2016 at 6:10:02 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

It's even worse than that, he's making an analogy using Harry Hopkins. Hopkins was "Agent 19", a highly placed Soviet Agent in the Roosevelt Administration.

I think that's been debunked numerous times by a wide variety of investigations, but the conspiracy theorists seem to want to keep dredging it up. Besides, the Soviet's were our allies at the time, with Hopkins's job frequently being to get information to Stalin in a very authorized manner.
bobbartop
bobbartop
November 30th, 2016 at 6:16:13 PM permalink
Quote: Joeshlabotnik

I am as worried about the return of the Zebulorks as you are. And I certainly appreciate your sharing your unique version of history with all of us. It makes me think: what if the signers of the Declaration of Independence were all drunk? What if the Spanish-American War never really happened? What if Abraham Lincoln was actually an anteater? Inquiring minds should want to know!

Like I said, it's your credibility on the line, not mine. You stepped into this thread to cause trouble, that's all. That's your style. My post was about a significant current event. I'm sure many caught Gingrich's remarks, but did not connect his analogy.
bobbartop
bobbartop
November 30th, 2016 at 6:26:37 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I think that's been debunked numerous times by a wide variety of investigations, but the conspiracy theorists seem to want to keep dredging it up. Besides, the Soviet's were our allies at the time, with Hopkins's job frequently being to get information to Stalin in a very authorized manner.

The Soviets may have been our allies but they were never our friends. And it's their job to "debunk" stories like this. To this day people still believe in the "innocence" of the Rosenbergs, Alger Hiss, Harry Dexter White, etc. The Venona Papers have not been "debunked". Nobody in history has been better at deceit and subterfuge than the Soviets. They are the world's masters.

Still, what is Gingrich talking about?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 30th, 2016 at 6:58:23 PM permalink
what if the signers of the Declaration of Independence were all drunk? What if the Spanish-American War never really happened? What if Abraham Lincoln was actually an anteater? Inquiring minds should want to know!

What if Charlemagne had had air support?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: