Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 13th, 2013 at 4:11:22 PM permalink
There were there filming this week. Anyone know much about this place?
Here is the website

http://www.sanddollarloungelv.com/
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 13th, 2013 at 5:07:53 PM permalink
Looks like one of those nostalgia ain't what it used to be bars ... old photos of old acts and a claimed "history" in a town where history is the last ten spins of a roulette wheel.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
February 13th, 2013 at 5:28:35 PM permalink
I sat in a few times on blues jams when I lived there, though that was a while ago now. It was very much what you'd expect a "blues bar" to be.

I hope the show can help them turn around their business if it means keeping the live music going.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 7th, 2013 at 10:07:50 PM permalink
This ep was on tonight. It's unfortunate they mention big cockroaches as that's a city-wide problem in spring. The blonde owner sure was a hottie. Hope they make it.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 7th, 2013 at 11:06:52 PM permalink
I've enjoyed various episodes of this much maligned "reality" show. I missed the one about the sanddollar but do understand the owner later changed his mind and filed for bankruptcy (though this might be a different bar).

His theme is revamp, slim down the menu and rehab. Often thats not a bad idea.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
July 8th, 2013 at 12:45:44 AM permalink
http://www.bar702lasvegas.com/

It looks like they were having a viewing party last night according to the web site, but I don't have any "real" info on their status at this point. Any of our Vegas people know anything about the place?

They also changed from a Blues format to a different music format as part of the revamp...

Anthony Curtis advised them to change their pay tables. They said on the show they went from being one of the "tightest" places to one of the "loosest" as far as that goes. They also had a problem with "sweating the money"--they didn't seem to want winners.

http://vegasseven.com/latest/2013/07/02/reality-tv-bar-rescue

It was interesting but it was a reality show...I'd like to know more about the "real" story.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 8th, 2013 at 3:10:41 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I've enjoyed various episodes of this much maligned "reality" show. I missed the one about the sanddollar but do understand the owner later changed his mind and filed for bankruptcy (though this might be a different bar).

His theme is revamp, slim down the menu and rehab. Often thats not a bad idea.

I enjoy it as well because there is actually a fair ratio of useful content:fake conflict. I like seeing some of the stupid ideas some bar owners had, and though they may be enhanced for TV I believe most fall into the "you can't make this stuff up" school. And while the yelling at the people to "CLEAN THIS PLACE UP" is getting old, I also like seeing how they come up with drink and food menus and evaluate who is an employee with potential.

I put it into the "Reality TV with purpose" camp of shows.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: