Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 1st, 2011 at 9:37:11 PM permalink

I mean, thats what some members of the media are saying, so it must be true. And MSNBC is a Lib network..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 2nd, 2011 at 3:06:03 AM permalink
To prove it they sent Halperin to the corner with a dunce hat
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 2nd, 2011 at 5:28:54 AM permalink
The real qestion is where is he without all the media push and ensuing Obamamania? In 2007-8 the lamestream media gave him as much push as a wrestling promotion gives its new star. Despite no qualifications he was "the one" to the media. (Hey, will they say the same things about Michelle Bauchman? She has better experience than Obama had in 2007.) This led to immense popularity on college campuses and then at-large. If you were under 30 you had to like Obama to "be cool." That is no longet the case.

In 2008-9 I used to say that Obama is the kind of guy who cannot function unless everybody around is fawning all over him. Now that everybody isn't fawning he is saying and doing more and more stupid things. Somehow unemployment is because of ATMs? His vote against the debt-limit increase while in the Senate has only begun to bite him. Stimulus money to the states is gone and state governments are finally laying off and doing things to control spending, he is on the wrong side of that issue. The GOP seems to have some backbone against the Democrat Party line that taxes need to be raised, he won't bail them out.

The lessons to it all? You can't "vote 'present'" as POTUS. And the reason POTUS gets neat stuff like AF1 is because it is a hard job that requires leadership. Community Organizing and campaigning are not leadership. The first is mafia-shakedown work, the later is a popularity contest.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 2nd, 2011 at 7:53:29 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Community Organizing and campaigning are not leadership.

How true and I totally agree. If only someone would go after America's enemy and have them killed and then dump the body in the ocean. But I guess that's too hard for a community organizing campaigner to do.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
  • Jump to: