100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
September 11th, 2023 at 5:21:23 PM permalink
Read that while randomly surfing gambling stuff but can't find it again.

Can someone explain that phrase to me?
And give me an example?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
September 11th, 2023 at 6:38:55 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Read that while randomly surfing gambling stuff but can't find it again.

Can someone explain that phrase to me?
And give me an example?
link to original post

im pretty sure people use variance as a synonym for bad luck... and i would also assume that for poker you are playing a lot of hands and dont care if they are good or not and if you suck out or win in an unconventional manner you are using that to your advantage

or lets ask the ai...

Quote:

The phrase "WHEN VARIANCE IS YOUR MAIN SOURCE OF PROFIT" suggests a situation where an individual or entity is relying on unpredictability or fluctuations in a particular variable (in this case, "variance") to generate their primary source of income or profit. In finance and investing, for example, some traders or investors might try to profit from volatility or variance in the prices of stocks, currencies, or other assets.

This approach can be risky because it relies on market fluctuations and uncertainty, and profits can be unpredictable. In some cases, traders may embrace risk and use strategies like options trading or speculative investments where they hope to benefit from price swings or variances in the underlying assets.

However, it's essential to note that relying solely on variance for profit can also lead to significant losses, as unpredictable fluctuations can go against the trader's expectations. So, this phrase often implies a high level of risk associated with the profit-making strategy.

Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
Thanked by
odiousgambit
September 11th, 2023 at 11:09:16 PM permalink
Variance can be profitable if you’re given loss rebates on certain terms

But normally it’s just variance off expectations
It’s all about making that GTA
Dobrij
Dobrij
  • Threads: 24
September 12th, 2023 at 12:45:27 AM permalink
This can probably be attributed to betting systems. The Wizard talked about this a lot as streak bets

I think this includes scalping systems in trading, and other similar things
  • Jump to: