Clownkeeper
Clownkeeper
  • Threads: 15
October 7th, 2010 at 9:29:19 AM permalink
Im wondering if any one can help me write an auto bet file that has a pass line bet and two non reoccuring come bets. So in other words, establish the pass line establish two come bets, then not replace the come bets if they win only the pass line. I tried to write one using the example files provided but I just dont understand the logic to get it to do what I want. Thanks for any help.
Fortune favors the bold
7winner
7winner
  • Threads: 9
October 7th, 2010 at 10:15:43 AM permalink
Quote: Clownkeeper

Im wondering if any one can help me write an auto bet file that has a pass line bet and two non reoccuring come bets. So in other words, establish the pass line establish two come bets, then not replace the come bets if they win only the pass line. I tried to write one using the example files provided but I just dont understand the logic to get it to do what I want. Thanks for any help.

A few sugestions:
The WinCraps site also has about 50 other FREE auto bet files you can download and I'm sure what you are looking for is in one of those or can be easily adjusted.

Read the help file when you are trying to code an auto bet file. Steen has great examples on how to use the simple logic and common errors you may find.

Member goatcabin has offered in the past his wincraps files for those that ask. He offers great posts based off of his bet files.

You can even email Steen at WinCraps and Im sure he could do it for you very easily if he has the time.
7 winner chicken dinner!
Asswhoopermcdaddy
Asswhoopermcdaddy
  • Threads: 87
October 7th, 2010 at 5:52:44 PM permalink
I'm actually having the same problem. I read through the files, but I'm not a programmer and I'm having trouble setting up the code. All I want to simulate is the following:

1.) Pass line bet $10, with single odds on 5,6,8,9 and no odds on 4,10.
2.) Place the outside for $10 when the point is 6,8.
3.) Place the inside for $10 when the point is 5,9 excluding the point itself.
4.) When the point is 4,10. Place the inside for $10 / (ie $12 on 6,8).
5.) After 2 hits on any place bets, take those hit place bets down
6.) And place a no 10 for $20, when the point is not 10 Or place a no 4 for $20 when the point is not 4.
7.) If 2 hits occur on one place bet, take it down and leave the other place bets on
8.) And place a no 10 for $20, when the point is not 10 Or place a no 4 for $20 when the point is not 4.
9.) On the next roll,
10.) If another place bet is hit, remove that place bet and increase the existing No 4 or No 10 by $10.
11.) If neither a place bet nor point is hit, continue on to next roll.
12.) If the point is hit, continue with another $10 pass line bet.
13.) If the next roll is a point with an existing place bet, take that place bet down.
14.) Loop with the code above 2-13.

Can anyone help? I think it's easy setting up 1-4. Everything else is a blur. Not sure if it can be simulated in wincraps easily that way.
goatcabin
goatcabin
  • Threads: 4
October 8th, 2010 at 12:03:24 PM permalink
Quote: Clownkeeper

What if the come bets lose? Do you replace them? If they win, and you don't replace them, do you wait for a new shooter and then start all over?

The basic code for making a come bet is:

While
the next roll is not a comeout roll
then
bet $x on come

So, you need some other condition to be satisfied if you don't want to make a come bet on EVERY non-comeout roll. I use a chip stack for the number of outstanding come bets. You increment the chip stack every time you make a come bet and decrement it when one is resolved. So then,

While
chip stack #n is less than y
then
bet $x on come

This code would result in your always trying to have two come bets outstanding; this is not what you want, so you need more code to control when to make the bet.
You can use a "flag" to indicate a condition. When a new shooter comes out, set a flag to TRUE. When you have two come bets made, set the flag to FALSE, and do this code:

While
chip stack #n is less than y
flag "making come bets" is TRUE
then
bet $x on come

You only make the come bet if ALL of the conditions in the While clause are true.

This is all "off the top of my head", so don't take is as gospel, but I hope it points you in the right direction. If you send me a private message with your e-mail, I will send you some of my AutoBet files involving pass/come.
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Woodland, CA
Cheers, Alan Shank "How's that for a squabble, Pugh?" Peter Boyle as Mister Moon in "Yellowbeard"
  • Jump to: