MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RS
July 13th, 2017 at 4:39:18 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Hannity: “Did you ever meet with any other person from Russia?”
Donnie Jr: “I don’t even know.” He quickly amended the statement, saying, “I’ve probably met with other people from Russia”
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-jr-appears-on-hannity/

Since Obama wiretapped trump tower, we should be able to know the content of the meeting exactly.

I've also taken some inspiration from your avatar, and updated mine as well 😜😜😜😜😜

Your poor boy Obama didn't even get a gift and it wasn't for lack of trying.

Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jul 14, 2017
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
July 13th, 2017 at 5:11:28 PM permalink
how old are you? 10?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 13th, 2017 at 5:13:31 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

how old are you? 10?

Haha. I was just thinking to myself, "isn't he like in his 50s or something? Sad!"
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
July 13th, 2017 at 5:31:21 PM permalink
That's ok, but what Stephen Colbert said wasn't?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 13th, 2017 at 5:35:08 PM permalink
I've met Max a few times and while we disagree on many subjects, he is a good guy. This is beneath him.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 13th, 2017 at 5:40:53 PM permalink
I see none of the liberals here criticized ams288 for the picture he posted a few pages back...
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2017 at 5:53:20 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I see none of the liberals here criticized ams288 for the picture he posted a few pages back...

Cause that one was actually funny.
billryan
billryan
July 13th, 2017 at 6:03:25 PM permalink
The Star Wars takeoff? Seriously?
One is satire of a universally known iconic moment in a beloved film and the other is obscene.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
MaxPen
July 13th, 2017 at 7:42:26 PM permalink

FWIW I thought they were both kinda funny

Liberal or conservative, I don't support any politician having any interaction with Saudi Arabia other than a giant middle finger.

The Saudi's are the only govt. with proven ties to 9/11. Fifteen out nineteen of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, yet that country is conviently absent from Trump's travel ban list, and we still sign hundred billion dollar arms deals with them.

Trump is just as weak in dealing with Saudi Arabia and Obama was or Hillary would have been. Sad.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 13th, 2017 at 7:46:15 PM permalink

Liberal or conservative, I don't support any politician having any interaction with Saudi Arabia other than a giant middle finger.

The Saudi's are the only govt. with proven ties to 9/11. Fifteen out nineteen of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, yet that country is conviently absent from Trump's travel ban list, and we still sign hundred billion dollar arms deals with them.

Trump is just as weak in dealing with Saudi Arabia and Obama was or Hillary would have been. Sad.

Bush and Cheney were the REAL masterminds behind it.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 13th, 2017 at 8:26:48 PM permalink

As much as we have disdain for America's alliance with Saudi Arabia, strategically Arabia is a huge state and is probably the largest neutralish state in the region. Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Yemen are all unstable countries. America has to pick and choose its allies unfortunately and none of them are ideal.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
RogerKint
July 13th, 2017 at 8:57:35 PM permalink
Iraq and Iran weren't unstable until the US thought we knew better. We also thought a United Arab Republic would be too big for its britches so we destabilized it until Syria pulled out of it. It's picking and choosing our Allies that keeps making the mess worse.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 13th, 2017 at 10:45:19 PM permalink
Here's your puppet bowing for real. Notice that he is receiving nothing from the old man. There is a huuuuuge difference. This is the real photo that was used to create the shop you all found so problematic.

Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
July 14th, 2017 at 4:36:49 AM permalink
The Saudis never liked President Obama. When he arrived there, he was greeted by low level emissaries.

President Trump was met by the King.

Trump followed this with one of the greatest speeches ever given by a US President. For the first time ever, a US President went to the seat of Islam and denounced terrorism and extremism, and those who support it.

Out of respect for President Trump, for the first time ever, and much to the appreciation of the Israelis, the Saudis in a very significant gesture, allowed a US President to fly directly from Riyadh to Israel. No mention of this by the MSM networks of course.

WAPO

No mention in MSM of course, that in December, before Trump even took office, President Sisi of Egypt withdrew a UN resolution denouncing Israel at his request.

Arriving in Saudi Arabia:

Arriving in Israel: "Welcome, my good friend."

"They worship death":

"Drive them out of this Earth"

ams288
ams288
July 14th, 2017 at 5:24:37 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Trump followed this with one of the greatest speeches ever given by a US President.

boymimbo
boymimbo
July 14th, 2017 at 7:17:01 AM permalink
Trump will get a welcome from despots and dictatorships: China, Russia, Saudi Arabia. He is a threat to democracy all around the world.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 14th, 2017 at 7:35:24 AM permalink
Saudi's weren't sure Trump wasn't actually crazy, so of course they played up to him. I guess that's a kind of respect.

Kind of like Kim Jong Un respect.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Romes
Romes
July 14th, 2017 at 8:04:03 AM permalink

Because it was hilarious... except Melania's boobs should probably have been bigger.

IF the dems were smart (lol) then they would let the republicans defend Trump Jr for a bit... then use RICO to literally clean sweep them ALL from office.

Today's republicans literally do put party of country, and that should be considered treason as well.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Romes
Romes
July 14th, 2017 at 8:05:46 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Here's your puppet bowing for real. Notice that he is receiving nothing from the old man. There is a huuuuuge difference.

No, not really. If I were the president and it was customary in another country to bow to their leader, then I would. If they thought that meant I was "weak" then "come at me, bro" and try to attack my country so I can remove yours from the earth with a new place we call "The Hole." This crap is so overplayed and it means absolutely NOTHING. I don't care if either of them bowed, because it doesn't mean crap.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 14th, 2017 at 8:41:56 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Here's your puppet bowing for real. Notice that he is receiving nothing from the old man. There is a huuuuuge difference.

So let me get this straight....

Obama bows out of professional respect and etiquette, and people lose their minds because he's "submitting" to some foreign power....

Yet Trump also bows AND receives an AWARD from that exact same foreign power and there's not a peep from those same people?

If you really felt that it was wrong for one President to bow to a foreign power, then you should absolutely livid to learn that another President is willfully receiving awards by that same foreign power. If I was in that mindset I would think that is 100 times worse.

Personally, though, I don't give a crap. I don't have a problem with either one of them bowing or getting medals, because that's what world leaders do when they meet.
ams288
ams288
July 14th, 2017 at 8:54:10 AM permalink
Turns out there were a couple of extra people in Don Jr.'s teason meeting. (When Hannity asked him if there was anything else to disclose, he said no).

One of them was this Rinat guy. The GOP already labeled him a Soviet counterintelligence officer in April of this year..... so they'll have trouble walking that back. lol

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 14th, 2017 at 9:09:01 AM permalink

I see you're doing a standard deflection from what's actually being discussed...lame tactic.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
boymimbo
boymimbo
July 14th, 2017 at 9:55:32 AM permalink
When the right is starting to compare Trump's actions to Obama's or HRC then you know that there are hypocrites out there.

Trump bowing v Obama bowing: who cares? You either say nothing because you don't care, protest to both's action because you do care. But to gleefully tout one's party progress and diss the other's when it is essentially the same item is reaching for straws and proves your hypocrisy.

The excuses from the right from Junior's meeting with Russian? Didn't Hillary do something comparable and no one screamed then? Well, you did. Investigations (aka witchhunts) were held. Investigations concluded, and the right is still screaming 8 months after the election.

And Donald saying most people would have had the meeting (with Russia). No, President Don, they wouldn't. And that's the morality that is devoid in this Executive branch and their followers. It is not okay to collude with a foreign power to win an election. It's actually illegal. And that is sad.
billryan
billryan
July 14th, 2017 at 10:12:28 AM permalink
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
Trump got where he is by being a serial liar , and cheating his investors. Why would he change now?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 14th, 2017 at 10:18:18 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Didn't Hillary do something comparable and no one screamed then?

Frankly, if they want to take court action on illegal activities on all these other people still, fine with me.

But at the moment, I wouldn't let Trump slide on a parking ticket. And if they think anyone is going to lay off Trump, they can choke on that thought.

We're not moving down to accept Trump as the new standard of behavior for POTUS.

This boorish freak will be held to standards, not make them. Period. (In my not so humble opinion ) So there.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
July 14th, 2017 at 10:25:58 AM permalink
Trumps lawyers knew about this last month, yet he claims he only learned of it a few days ago. Either he has incompetent attorneys or he is lying again. I'm guessing it's both.
ams288
ams288
July 14th, 2017 at 12:06:40 PM permalink
LOL - CNN is reporting that 8 people were at the Don Jr. meeting.

Pretty soon Don Jr. is gonna be like, "Oh wait. I forgot. Putin joined in via Skype halfway through."
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
July 14th, 2017 at 12:15:33 PM permalink
Trump tweeted
Republicans Senators are working hard to get their failed ObamaCare replacement approved. I will be at my desk, pen in hand!
WTF
So the replacement is a failure????????????
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
billryan
billryan
July 14th, 2017 at 12:17:27 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Pretty soon Don Jr. is gonna be like, "Oh wait. I forgot. Putin joined in via Skype halfway through."

And his Dad happened to wander in, looking for the days sports section. One of the "forgotten" people just happened to be a former Soviet Intelligence Officer.
Stuff happens.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 14th, 2017 at 12:47:45 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Trump tweeted
Republicans Senators are working hard to get their failed ObamaCare replacement approved. I will be at my desk, pen in hand!
WTF
So the replacement is a failure????????????

Sentence structure is not one of trumpy's strengths.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 14th, 2017 at 12:49:18 PM permalink

But that doesn't count. Right?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 14th, 2017 at 12:54:12 PM permalink

Hell, even Fox News is reporting that.
RS
RS
Thanked by
MaxPen
July 14th, 2017 at 3:46:00 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Because it was hilarious... except Melania's boobs should probably have been bigger.

They were both hilarious. Even funnier how y'all responded to the gif of Obama "bowing".

Quote: beachbumbabs

I see you're doing a standard deflection from what's actually being discussed...lame tactic.

Liberals were crying (sorry, "discussing") the Obama "bowing" gif. I continued the discussion. Saying I am deflecting the discussion is itself a deflection.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 14th, 2017 at 4:03:53 PM permalink

They were both hilarious. Even funnier how y'all responded to the gif of Obama "bowing".

Where is this gif you're talking about?? I didn't see it in the thread....?

But ohmygod, guys, look.... Obama is bowing to a robot....

Why is he submitting to a robot overlord?!? Sad!! Haha...
billryan
billryan
July 14th, 2017 at 7:57:21 PM permalink
Michael Gerson, who is a fairly Conservative writer knocked it out of the park today.
This is his summary. Simply a must read.

C.S. Lewis posited three elements that make up human beings. There is the intellect, residing in the head. There are the passions, residing in the stomach (and slightly lower). And then there are trained, habituated emotions — the “stable sentiments” of character — which Lewis associated with the chest.
In the realm of political ethics, voters last year did not prioritize character in sufficient numbers, during the party primaries or the general election. Now we are seeing the result. “In a sort of ghastly simplicity,” Lewis said, “we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/in-trumps-world-innocence-is-proved-by-guilt/2017/07/13/07e69a82-67ea-11e7-8eb5-cbccc2e7bfbf_story.html?utm_term=.9e1277306c7b&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1
billryan
billryan
July 14th, 2017 at 8:08:21 PM permalink
Was Trump Sr. the mysterious 8th person in the room?
RS
RS
July 15th, 2017 at 4:20:27 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Where is this gif you're talking about?? I didn't see it in the thread....?

MaxPen posted it a few pages back. Apparently an admin thought it was NSFW so it's in a spoiler on his post, as it is in mine:

TigerWu
TigerWu
July 15th, 2017 at 8:03:53 AM permalink

MaxPen posted it a few pages back. Apparently an admin thought it was NSFW so it's in a spoiler on his post, as it is in mine:

Ha... I let out a little chortle at that one.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 15th, 2017 at 9:25:45 AM permalink
Looks like the border wall between Mexico and the U.S. is going to be see-through and covered in solar panels:

"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall.... And I'll give you an example: As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them — they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over,"

"There is a chance that we can do a solar wall. We have major companies looking at that. Look, there's no better place for solar than the Mexico border — the southern border. And there is a very good chance we can do a solar wall, which would actually look good. But there is a very good chance we could do a solar wall....We are seriously looking at a solar wall."

And we're somehow going to force Mexico to pay for it. Somehow.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-says-wall-along-us-203648538.html
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 15th, 2017 at 10:21:07 AM permalink

Looks like the border wall between Mexico and the U.S. is going to be see-through and covered in solar panels:. . . there's no better place for solar than the Mexico border — the southern border. And there is a very good chance we can do a solar wall, which would actually look good. But there is a very good chance we could do a solar wall....We are seriously looking at a solar wall."

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-says-wall-along-us-203648538.html

Laws of physics Don: Walls are vertical. Sun at that latitude will be almost directly above. Surface area of solar panels exposed to the sun, not enough to be efficient and I suppose the Mexicans are going to wash them for you, maintain them, and take great care of the millions of electrical connections between them. No chance that they might deface or damage them or pretty them up with a nice mural?

This image of Mexicans throwing bags of drugs over a wall, only for them to land on American's heads:. Pure comic book. Who writes that idiots scripts?
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 15th, 2017 at 10:46:39 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

This image of Mexicans throwing bags of drugs over a wall, only for them to land on American's heads:. Pure comic book. Who writes that idiots scripts?

It makes absolutely no sense on multiple levels...

Who can just casually toss 60lbs of anything over a ~20 foot wall? That is literally world-class strongman type of strength.

Why would a drug dealer just casually lob 60lbs (or any amount) of drugs over a wall with no plan and no guarantee that any of his comrades would be on the other side to collect it?

Why are Americans just randomly hanging out next to the wall in the middle of nowhere, waiting to be hit on the head with stuff?

If the wall has holes/slits/windows in it, why wouldn't they just pass the drugs through the holes instead of throwing it over the top?
boymimbo
boymimbo
July 15th, 2017 at 11:12:20 AM permalink
Probably referring to this catapult which was discovered at the border which of course would clear a wall if constructed properly and could probably hurt someone if someone tried to catch its cargo.

Quote: CBS News, Feb 13, 2017

They reported finding a catapult system attached to the south side of the fence and two bundles of marijuana, weighing more than 47 pounds combined.

Agents dismantled the catapult, which was seized by Mexican authorities.

Federal authorities say in recent years, smugglers have thrown drug bundles over the border or shot them over with devices such as air-powered cannons and catapults.

boymimbo
boymimbo
July 15th, 2017 at 11:14:05 AM permalink
The right is now saying that the people meeting Trump's henchmen were Obama operatives. One year, later, the right claimed, the controversy was activated. Which makes perfect sense when you think about it, really. Doesn't it? DOESNT' IT???
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 15th, 2017 at 11:33:10 AM permalink

Probably referring to this catapult which was discovered at the border which of course would clear a wall if constructed properly and could probably hurt someone if someone tried to catch its cargo.

Well, then that part of the story makes a lot more sense from a technical standpoint, but there's still no way any innocent bystander is randomly going to be hit by something like that, so that part of the story is still idiotic.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 15th, 2017 at 12:04:34 PM permalink

The right is now saying that the people meeting Trump's henchmen were Obama operatives. One year, later, the right claimed, the controversy was activated. Which makes perfect sense when you think about it, really. Doesn't it? DOESNT' IT???

Now, if Trump Senior was in that meeting and why wouldn't he be . . . How would they feed that to the media? Very slowly and reluctantly with a 'so what' or two along the way.
Please let it be so. He'd be bu66ered then: Literally.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 15th, 2017 at 12:11:47 PM permalink

The right is now saying that the people meeting Trump's henchmen were Obama operatives.

'The right' who spout such cr4p should serve jail time as co conspirators. Maybe one day they will.
I must say, as an outsider, the Media is doing some good stuff. What the hell are the Democrats doing? Sitting on their hands? Barely a peep fro the Democrats. Is that because they know they have too many skeletons in their own cupboards? Or is it in their long term interest to see trumpy destroy the GOP? I'm sure a decent opposition party would be massively active in instigting rallies, marches, protest groups, all sorts. They just seem to be abdicating their duties.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 15th, 2017 at 12:15:34 PM permalink

So. Solution to a $200 catapult would be a $15 Billion solar array. Lucky the Mexican bad guys can't afford a bigger elastic band. Or some ladders, scaffolding or the dirt to build a ramp.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 15th, 2017 at 1:10:26 PM permalink

The right is now saying that the people meeting Trump's henchmen were Obama operatives.

I don't understand why they think that would absolve any guilt... if you go to have sex with a prostitute, but it turns out that prostitute is a cop on a sting, you're still guilty of soliciting prostitution.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 15th, 2017 at 1:41:59 PM permalink

I don't understand why they think that would absolve any guilt... if you go to have sex with a prostitute, but it turns out that prostitute is a cop on a sting, you're still guilty of soliciting prostitution.

Different reality matey. Don't confuse matters with logic.
In trump reality, there is a very limited repertoire of responses: Distract, Deflect, Project..
He's like the kid at school, who everyone saw picking his nose, You could present him with a room full of witnesses, a video recording of the event and show him the bogie that he left on his sleeve, and he would simply just repeat louder and louder that it was someone else until you just gave up.
The truth and logic have no place in Trumpworld. 'The right' are just totally getting dragged into his universe and with all the new 'normality' that is being set, maybe we all are.
The emperor has no clothes, but so many cannot, do not or will not see.
ams288
ams288
July 15th, 2017 at 5:17:29 PM permalink
I'm assuming this means the Senate can't vote on TrumpCare this week? McCain's vote is needed.

• Jump to: