No votes (0%)
1 vote (50%)
1 vote (50%)

2 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
February 12th, 2017 at 8:57:54 PM permalink
Made a $20 bet with this girl over 13 months ago, that one year from then, she would not remember the fake name, fake address, etc., we were using in training. Haven't heard from her or contacted her about it around the time the bet was to resolve. Had expected her to contact me, because she had said she programmed an alarm to remind her. Did I win by default since she can't prove she remembered?

Have another bet she wont go to Bonaroo every year for the next 10 years, 9 to go. If somehow she insists I lost the first bet, or admits I won, should payment be immediate or wait for resolution of the second bet.

I think I'm going to be screwed temporary amnesia on this bet.
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
February 12th, 2017 at 9:12:54 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Made a $20 bet with this girl over 13 months ago, that one year from then, she would not remember the fake name, fake address, etc., we were using in training. Haven't heard from her or contacted her about it around the time the bet was to resolve. Had expected her to contact me, because she had said she programmed an alarm to remind her. Did I win by default since she can't prove she remembered?

I would say it is still not decided, at this point. You would have to talk to her and ask her if she remembers it, and she would have to fail to remember it, for you to have won.

Quote:

Have another bet she wont go to Bonaroo every year for the next 10 years, 9 to go. If somehow she insists I lost the first bet, or admits I won, should payment be immediate or wait for resolution of the second bet.

The two seem like very separate bets, so I think the first should be resolved. If you had a second bet that was resolving in a month, or something like that, then I could understand waiting...but ten years?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
February 12th, 2017 at 9:19:02 PM permalink
Please seek psychiatric help.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
February 12th, 2017 at 9:23:48 PM permalink
Quote: SM777

Please seek psychiatric help.

Don't need any help because I'm not a psychiatrist and dont plan on becoming one.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
February 12th, 2017 at 9:56:43 PM permalink
I understood the accusation, not really in denial of what was accused, but seriously, you jump off a bridge man. I'm not acting weird here, not exhibiting anything too unusual besides being here like everyone else. Sometimes I'm facetious, dont care if anyone gets it, I'm sarcastic and cynical, but you stay on your side of the fence and respect my boundaries.
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Feb 13, 2017
I am a robot.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
February 12th, 2017 at 10:10:51 PM permalink
She probably just assumes you'll let her off the hook.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 13th, 2017 at 12:09:10 AM permalink
I don't think you win by default, although I'm not entirely sure on the terms of the bet or all that stuff. Although she hasn't proven she remembered, you also haven't proven she hasn't remembered (the remembering of the names / addresses, not the bet itself).

Devil's advocate here, but she could make the argument that 1 year later she did still remember....and as it's now 13 months (not 12 months), that SHE wins by default, assuming the terms of the bet "YOU will not remember" instead of "I will remember", which mean 2 different things, technically. After 13 months, not 12 months, if she cannot remember, there is no proof she did not remember 1 month ago. Perhaps, 1 month ago she still remembered but has forgotten over the course of the last month.

If the second bet doesn't have any correlation with the first, then the first one should be settled as soon as it is determined who's won/lost, unless y'all agree for payments to be made at a later date, for whatever reason (being nice, perhaps one is busy, or y'all will be in the area soon, whatever).

If they are correlated somehow, although it doesn't appear they are, then you should wait until it is settled, unless you had other terms (ie: maybe you each agreed to bet $20 each way and if one wins the first one, you'd wait until the second one to be won/lost before making payment, in the event where you each win and lose 1 for a net push).

Much more interesting, if I may ask -- what kind of training were you doing that required use of fake names and addresses?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
February 13th, 2017 at 1:29:10 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I don't think you win by default, although I'm not entirely sure on the terms of the bet or all that stuff. Although she hasn't proven she remembered, you also haven't proven she hasn't remembered (the remembering of the names / addresses, not the bet itself).

Devil's advocate here, but she could make the argument that 1 year later she did still remember....and as it's now 13 months (not 12 months), that SHE wins by default, assuming the terms of the bet "YOU will not remember" instead of "I will remember", which mean 2 different things, technically. After 13 months, not 12 months, if she cannot remember, there is no proof she did not remember 1 month ago. Perhaps, 1 month ago she still remembered but has forgotten over the course of the last month.

If the second bet doesn't have any correlation with the first, then the first one should be settled as soon as it is determined who's won/lost, unless y'all agree for payments to be made at a later date, for whatever reason (being nice, perhaps one is busy, or y'all will be in the area soon, whatever).

If they are correlated somehow, although it doesn't appear they are, then you should wait until it is settled, unless you had other terms (ie: maybe you each agreed to bet $20 each way and if one wins the first one, you'd wait until the second one to be won/lost before making payment, in the event where you each win and lose 1 for a net push).

Much more interesting, if I may ask -- what kind of training were you doing that required use of fake names and addresses?

Getting interesting. Knew we should have written this down. I bet she would not remember and would forget and she bet she would remember and not forget. The bet was supposed to be after one year but could have just as easily been phrased a year from now.

I know the bets are separate and should be settled separately. The Bonaroo bet I've thought this past year is such a lock, it would be sucks I have to wait ten years to be paid. We don't even know if that festival will go off every year years from now.

I haven't seen her in awhile, Im just going to let it go, because I dont want to take a chance getting involved with her. Too much drama there.

The fake names and addresses are entirely normal. You just did that so the system knew the transactions were not real and too not process them. Otherwise, people could steal and If you tried you would have no excuses.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: