Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
June 11th, 2015 at 3:29:36 PM permalink
It is so easy to one up a gamblers story, all you have to do is make your number bigger. Either a bigger loss, or bigger win.

I kind of make it a point to not say much at a table, but others are not always so courteous.

Just like in Rounders, gamblers remember the losses, and love telling others about them.

Some random at 1st base going on about how he loses EVERYTIME he splits Aces, so he doesn't do it anymore.

Dope at centerfield confirms this fact, while adding he doesn't split anything, ever, because it is a guaranteed loss.

I assume they both pee sitting down.

It is probably just coincidence, but every conversation at the tables, regardless of gambling bent or not, goes this way recently.

Makes it less fun to play, that's for sure.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
June 11th, 2015 at 3:52:59 PM permalink
There are other people at the table?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
June 11th, 2015 at 5:01:48 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

It is so easy to one up a gamblers story, all you have to do is make your number bigger. Either a bigger loss, or bigger win.

I kind of make it a point to not say much at a table, but others are not always so courteous.

Just like in Rounders, gamblers remember the losses, and love telling others about them.

Some random at 1st base going on about how he loses EVERYTIME he splits Aces, so he doesn't do it anymore.

Dope at centerfield confirms this fact, while adding he doesn't split anything, ever, because it is a guaranteed loss.

I assume they both pee sitting down.

It is probably just coincidence, but every conversation at the tables, regardless of gambling bent or not, goes this way recently.

Makes it less fun to play, that's for sure.

Keep playing if you like to play, if you can afford to play.
I am not convinced the world's population is getting dumber,
Even though I am standing against some recent evidence I've witnessed ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 11th, 2015 at 8:37:17 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Keep playing if you like to play, if you can afford to play.
I am not convinced the world's population is getting dumber,
Even though I am standing against some recent evidence I've witnessed ;-)

What are you implying?

There are plenty here that could be a witness.
  • Jump to: