8 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (4.16%)
3 votes (12.5%)

24 members have voted

mgreiche
mgreiche
  • Threads: 19
October 17th, 2012 at 9:55:21 AM permalink
I do not want to make this a thread to bash why political party 'X' is the best or why they are the worst.

But let me start by saying that I have to admit, every presidential election frustrates me. I have my political views and they definitely swing towards one political party but I am not a "die hard" if my views are more in line with another party, I am not opposed in voting out of my political affiliation.

This is what I have been feeling lately, I am tired of watching candidates stand on a soap box (or as some people call it 'debate') and
1. give us high level statements on what they want to do if elected/reelected
2. give us their version of what they believe to be facts
3. tell us why the other candidate is an idiot
4. tell us the other candidates plans are flawed or won't work
Then after the soap box show, people spend days twisting the words candicates they dislike rather then focusing on which candidate do I believe will get the job done.

Not to mention, I believe voters have the misconception that one a candidate is elected, the first day in office the President will implement all his changes to the tax codes, magically create jobs, low the price of gas, etc. When the truth is the job of the President is not an easy job. In order to make these changes, the President has to deal with Congress and lawmakers and committees and God knows who else to agree on his ideas, or at least get the majority to agree.

So instead of asking who are you voting for, let me rephrase the question to ask, who do you think is best qualified to enact his campaign ideas?

Obama/Biden, Romney/Ryan, Undecided or Other
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 17th, 2012 at 11:10:00 AM permalink
If I could vote, I'd do so for Gary Johnson
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
October 17th, 2012 at 11:35:29 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

If I could vote, I'd do so for Gary Johnson

I thought you didn't vote in Mexico? Or is that just because of the differing political system there (more corruption)? So if you were a US citizen you would actually partake in the process?
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 17th, 2012 at 12:06:44 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I thought you didn't vote in Mexico? Or is that just because of the differing political system there (more corruption)?

I voted for the first time in 1997. Prior to that I didn't even register because then all the elections were fixed. Since then I've voted in 2000, 2003 and 2006.

In 2007 I move dand registered the address change. Then the federal electoral authorities in all their wisdom assignmed me a polling station 30 kilometers and two tollbooths away. Since then I haven't voted.

Quote:

So if you were a US citizen you would actually partake in the process?

Fo what little that's worth... Agitating for causes and promoting cultural change is a lot more useful than voting.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: