Thread Rating:

Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
November 14th, 2014 at 2:58:31 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

No, I am not nuts, I am informed. Perhaps you need to actually look at what goes on than believe some old cliche. Gates, Zukenberg, Soros, these are all liberal folks and they are hardly worried where their next meal is coming from. Hollywood celebs are well-off and are generally far to the left. Check the vote in Manhattan, lots of blue-blood money and lots of blue votes.

LOL. Soros. OK now we know you are a Glenn Beck follower, since that is the only realm (of fantasy) where he is relevant. Informed isn't the word I'd use. So your argument is that because some rich people are democrats, democrats are the party of the rich? Ignoring facts and/or creating your own doesn't change reality. It does explain why you seem so out of touch; you've taken basic concepts that can hardly be disputed, and decided the opposite is true. French fries on the food pyramid, democrats the party of big business...what next?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
November 14th, 2014 at 3:26:06 AM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

LOL. Soros. OK now we know you are a Glenn Beck follower, since that is the only realm (of fantasy) where he is relevant. Informed isn't the word I'd use. So your argument is that because some rich people are democrats, democrats are the party of the rich? Ignoring facts and/or creating your own doesn't change reality. It does explain why you seem so out of touch; you've taken basic concepts that can hardly be disputed, and decided the opposite is true. French fries on the food pyramid, democrats the party of big business...what next?

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. My statement was as follows:

Sorry, I do not see that more billionaires are republicans. The opposite seems to be true in fact. At the least they back both sides and deal with whomever is in power.

This is a remark I stand by. Money goes where it can work. I once met a lobbyist that an association my company was in hired. We were small-fry, I doubt we spent $20K per year. It was in NY. His statement was, "We do not spend money on the GOP in the (NY) Senate nor do we spend it on Democrats in the House. This is because the GOP in the Senate will vote our way no matter what and the Democrats in the House will never vote our way no matter what."

Billionaires and Big-Business, you see, are pragmatic and support where they will get their way. And "their way" is not always what it seems. Know who helped fight to man incandescent light bulbs? General Electric, the outfit that made them!

To further blow apart your "party of the rich" meme, look at the blue states vs red states. The "rich states" are more "blue." CA, NY, HI, these are all places with higher incomes. The "poor states" like MS, WV, AL, these are the most "red." Clearly something other than one's income is at play.

Please keep making your french fry statement, though. It is good practice for when I have to explain a point with my nieces and nephews, ages 3-8.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 14th, 2014 at 3:58:34 AM permalink

To further blow apart your "party of the rich" meme, look at the blue states vs red states. The "rich states" are more "blue." CA, NY, HI, these are all places with higher incomes. The "poor states" like MS, WV, AL, these are the most "red." Clearly something other than one's income is at play.

Please keep making your french fry statement, though. It is good practice for when I have to explain a point with my nieces and nephews, ages 3-8.

It's not my meme. It's common knowledge. Why are you arguing with me? There's nothing I can do about it. I hope it's not that you think you could persuade me to join in the lunacy.

It's also common knowledge that french fries are bad for you. Don't believe me? Ask your doctor. Any childish idiot can argue that a pepperoni pizza belongs to each of the four food groups. It doesn't mean pizza is a dairy product, a vegetable, grain, meat, or in any way good for you. Vegetables are good for you. French fries are newly classified as commodities for trading/shipping purposes; this does not effect their nutritional value. They are junk/convenience food. Tell your 8 year old friends whatever you want. What I do I care if you have a bunch of fat, dim-witted relatives. I'm sick of arguing the point. This is the stupidest argument I've ever had, and no longer merits a response. If you want, french fries can be fruit, and republicans can be welfare caseworkers. I don't give a #@#@. Quit.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
November 14th, 2014 at 4:28:09 AM permalink
Quote: MrWarmth

I'm not saying anything. I'm repeating what Gruber said. I didn't say anything at all about the right. You bring that up, probably as an obfuscation ... same tactic that Gruber says he used on us stupid people. It didn't work on me then, and it won't work on me now.

Whether you think politicians lie is not the issue. Whether you have the same doctor is not the point. What you consider your insurance to be is not the point. Whether you lean left is not the point.

The point is what your leader thinks of you, assumed about you, in order to gain support for legislation. He damn near wrote the law, and he chose to lie about it, counting on your stupidity (his thought, not mine).

The point is whether or not you're OK with having been knowingly lied to in order to have this legislation pass.

The point is, you said you thoughtfully considered the bill, yet arrived at opposite conclusions of those who wrote it ... which begs the question, how could you have been so wrong?

+1000000
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 14th, 2014 at 4:31:43 AM permalink

It's not my meme. It's common knowledge. Why are you arguing with me? There's nothing I can do about it. I hope it's not that you think you could persuade me to join in the lunacy.

It's also common knowledge that french fries are bad for you. Don't believe me? Ask your doctor. Any childish idiot can argue that a pepperoni pizza belongs to each of the four food groups. It doesn't mean pizza is a dairy product, a vegetable, grain, meat, or in any way good for you. Vegetables are good for you. French fries are newly classified as commodities for trading/shipping purposes; this does not effect their nutritional value. They are junk/convenience food. Tell your 8 year old friends whatever you want. What I do I care if you have a bunch of fat, dim-witted relatives. I'm sick of arguing the point. This is the stupidest argument I've ever had, and no longer merits a response. If you want, french fries can be fruit, and republicans can be welfare caseworkers. I don't give a #@#@. Quit.

ATTENTION ADVERTISERS: YOU TOO CAN REACH THIS FINE DEMOGRAPHIC!

So lets see, french fries are "not a vegetable because vegetables are 'good for you' and french fries are not, is that the new logic? Pizza is "bad for you" why exactly? Because french fries are traded as a commodity they are no longer a vegetable? Corn trades as a commodity, is it no longer a vegetable? Well, anyways, glad you quit digging.

Happy Friday, All!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 14th, 2014 at 4:35:28 AM permalink
Quote: chickenman

+1000000

+10^10100
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 14th, 2014 at 4:42:23 AM permalink

ATTENTION ADVERTISERS: YOU TOO CAN REACH THIS FINE DEMOGRAPHIC!

So lets see, french fries are "not a vegetable because vegetables are 'good for you' and french fries are not, is that the new logic? Pizza is "bad for you" why exactly? Because french fries are traded as a commodity they are no longer a vegetable? Corn trades as a commodity, is it no longer a vegetable? Well, anyways, glad you quit digging.

Happy Friday, All!

Why is pizza bad for you? Jesus christ you are #@@k$@g s#%p@#

You obviously have no idea to what a commodity refers.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 14th, 2014 at 4:49:37 AM permalink

Yes, why is a square meal bad for you?

Quote:

Lets see, do you mean a product with no features to distinguish one supplier or manufacturer from another so a buyer can purchase said product by taking the best available price from any supplier in an open market? Said relationship being good for both sides because the supplier need not market their product or differentiate it and can just bring it to an open market while the customer can go to the same market and get a product with specs that meet their needs and not have to worry about spec writing?

"Commodity" like that?

Potatoes are a commodity, btw, does that mean they are not a vegetable since they can be traded on the ag markets?
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 14th, 2014 at 5:01:10 AM permalink

Yes, why is a square meal bad for you?

Lets see, do you mean a product with no features to distinguish one supplier or manufacturer from another so a buyer can purchase said product by taking the best available price from any supplier in an open market? Said relationship being good for both sides because the supplier need not market their product or differentiate it and can just bring it to an open market while the customer can go to the same market and get a product with specs that meet their needs and not have to worry about spec writing?

"Commodity" like that?

Potatoes are a commodity, btw, does that mean they are not a vegetable since they can be traded on the ag markets?

Quit trolling
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 14th, 2014 at 5:05:47 AM permalink

Quit trolling

By "trolling" you mean like this?:

Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 14th, 2014 at 5:08:57 AM permalink

Quit trolling.
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
November 14th, 2014 at 6:46:33 AM permalink
Wow, I can't believe I actually read the whole thread. I'll never get that time back.

My wife became disabled this year. She can't get on Medicare until December 2015 and our Governor has refused to expand Medicaid to the poor and elderly so she will most likely always have to stay on my insurance at work. At least for prescription coverage. Her co pays alone on her medications was over 3600.00 last year. But thanks to the ACA I was able to add her to my insurance at work. This would not have been an option before due to the "pre existing conditions" clause.

My only complaint with it is it cut the amount I can deduct with my Flex plan from 5K to 2.4K. That was a hell of a tax break we lost.

I don't consider myself to have a below average IQ. Actually, quite the opposite.

Just trying to get the conversation back on track.
Stupid is a choice
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 14th, 2014 at 7:21:51 AM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

Wow, I can't believe I actually read the whole thread. I'll never get that time back.

My wife became disabled this year. She can't get on Medicare until December 2015 and our Governor has refused to expand Medicaid to the poor and elderly so she will most likely always have to stay on my insurance at work. At least for prescription coverage. Her co pays alone on her medications was over 3600.00 last year. But thanks to the ACA I was able to add her to my insurance at work. This would not have been an option before due to the "pre existing conditions" clause.

My only complaint with it is it cut the amount I can deduct with my Flex plan from 5K to 2.4K. That was a hell of a tax break we lost.

I don't consider myself to have a below average IQ. Actually, quite the opposite.

Just trying to get the conversation back on track.

This part of the conversation started with no one here saying anything about your IQ or even the IQ of the one accusing people of trolling in spite of the fact what he is really trying to do is to settle a disagreement by calling someone a troll rather than agreeing to disagree, accepting that he is wrong, or deciding to just not address the issue any further.

The start of it was the Obamacare (and Romneycare) architect, paid $400k for his work, saying that the reason the ACA (Obamacare) passed was the stupidity of the voters. He wasn't talking about the Republican voters; it was without support of any significance from the Republican side. That means he was saying that the Democrats could pass it based on having a majority in both houses and no objections from their stupid constituents.

We can be a lot of things as voters. We may not know every issue inside and out, we may be (wrongly, in my opinion) one issue voters, etc. but we should never stand for anyone calling any group of us "stupid" as this guy did on a regular basis.

I opposed Obamacare. I think that the good points are outweighed by the bad points and a lot of that is because it was done in the dark at night and written to try to do things like make a tax look like a fee and other shady things. I get the fact that shady things happen in Washington; but less of them happen when things are done transparently and in the light of day. Not late at night, in the dark, voting on a bill not even completely written, treating it as an emergency, with the Speaker telling us you could only find out what was in the bill by passing it (thinking back on that, perhaps the bill never gets completely written if it fails...is that what she meant?), etc.

You can be "for" Obamacare, but I really do question the common sense of anyone who doesn't object to the way it was done. Is that really how you want government to operate after you elected a guy who promised to bring us the most transparent administration ever?
texasplumr
texasplumr
November 14th, 2014 at 7:39:16 AM permalink
No, it isn't. But I haven't seen transparency in Washington in my lifetime, not that I remember. I'm 61 now so maybe my memory isn't what it used to be.

I'm fairly certain that a Republican will be elected in 2016. Unless they run somebody that is just totally unelectable. And they have done that before.
I hope that under the new administration that things will change. I doubt that it will though. Guess we'll see. Maybe they'll just redefine "transparency".
It worked for Clinton.
Stupid is a choice
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
November 14th, 2014 at 9:23:48 AM permalink

And flooding which has been his SOP since February but the mods never seem to notice.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 14th, 2014 at 9:29:18 AM permalink

It's also common knowledge that french fries are bad for you. Don't believe me? Ask your doctor. Any childish idiot can argue that a pepperoni pizza belongs to each of the four food groups. It doesn't mean pizza is a dairy product, a vegetable, grain, meat, or in any way good for you. Vegetables are good for you.

More than a few vegetables can and do cause bodily harm. Some can even be fatal when not prepared correctly or taken to extremes. In the face the overreaching attempt to redefine the word, here is the generally accepted universal meaning:
"noun
1. any plant whose fruit, seeds, roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, leaves, or flower parts are used as food, as the tomato, bean, beet, potato, onion, asparagus, spinach, or cauliflower.
2. the edible part of such a plant, as the tuber of the potato.
3. any member of the vegetable kingdom; plant.
4. Informal. a person who is so severely impaired mentally or physically as to be largely incapable of conscious responses or activity.
5. a dull, spiritless, and uninteresting person."
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 14th, 2014 at 10:28:55 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Quote:

More than a few vegetables can and do cause bodily harm. Some can even be fatal

Sancho, could you expound on that? I recently have considered that I may be addicted to yams [many call them sweet potatoes, inaccurately] and, I also have some med issues? Sincerely,,,,,,,,Petro
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
November 14th, 2014 at 10:56:33 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Sancho, could you expound on that? I recently have considered that I may be addicted to yams [many call them sweet potatoes, inaccurately] and, I also have some med issues? Sincerely,,,,,,,,Petro

Start with everyday categories like the nightshade family along with its belladonna as well as some of the many examples from mycology.
"Are Sweet Potatoes Harmful to the Kidneys?
Last Updated: Nov 05, 2011 | By Aubri John
Are Sweet Potatoes Harmful to the Kidneys? A nutritious food for most, the sweet potato can increase risk of health complications in people with kidney disease.

The kidneys act as a filtration system for removing excess fluids and waste products from your body, which is acquired during metabolism of food substances you ingest. Your kidneys also remove drugs from the body; maintain fluid and electrolyte balance and play a role in releasing hormones that regulate blood pressure. Healthy kidneys perform these critical biochemical functions constantly and without mishap. Diseased kidneys however, are not able to efficiently filter harmful substances from your body and perform these jobs at a slower rate. This results in nutrient accumulation rather than filtration, which can have toxic ramifications. Harm from excess vitamins and minerals in your bloodstream accelerate kidney damage and lead to other organ damage, body swelling and high blood pressure." livestrong

or from cancer.org

"Large doses of wild yam can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding should not use wild yam. Although rare, allergic reactions to wild yam can occur, including rashes, asthma, and other symptoms.

There are several problems with using wild yam creams with added progesterone. They are often not labeled as containing added progesterone, and the amount in the cream varies. Even if the amount of progesterone in the cream was consistent and declared, the body absorbs progesterone in different amounts at different times and from different places on the body. This means that any effect on the body is unreliable. In addition, progesterone can have side effects such as headache, breast tenderness, upset stomach, constipation, tiredness, and irritability. In rare cases, there can be serious side effects, such as dizziness, faintness, shortness of breath, blurred vision, seizures, and swelling of the lips, mouth, or throat. Relying on this type of treatment alone and avoiding or delaying conventional medical care for cancer may have serious health consequences."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 14th, 2014 at 11:10:45 AM permalink

or from cancer.org

"Large doses of wild yam can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding should not use wild yam. Although rare, allergic reactions to wild yam can occur, including rashes, asthma, and other symptoms.

Wait a minute.....I thought someone said vegetables were "good for you!" Maybe yams are not vegetables! :-)
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 14th, 2014 at 11:11:29 AM permalink
Thanks Sancho,

I also followed the link.

I don't know what happened, I only ate yams at Thanksgiving as a kid and always liked them?

A few months back I was on a liquid diet and started putting yams and almond milk in a blender, now I can't seem to go a day without one.

I learned that in China, there are sidewalk stands and people by yams and walk around eating them as we would a bagle?

I didn't realized the difference between yams and sweet potatoes until I was served a sweet potato out in Mesquite.
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 14th, 2014 at 11:16:43 AM permalink

Wait a minute.....I thought someone said vegetables were "good for you!" Maybe yams are not vegetables! :-)

Dang it AZ, now I have to go study yams! I suppose I could do it while eating a few.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
November 14th, 2014 at 11:48:19 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Thanks Sancho, I also followed the link. I don't know what happened, I only ate yams at Thanksgiving as a kid and always liked them? A few months back I was on a liquid diet and started putting yams and almond milk in a blender, now I can't seem to go a day without one.

Beware of the following if you're thinking about gestation:

"Just How Many Yams Do You Have to Eat to Conceive Twins?
By Christina Baglivi Tinglof. Published on November 14, 2010.

Last month I wrote a post stating my concern for the growing number of “pregnancy” websites and blogs that promote ways in which women can conceive twins. Some of the advice is dangerous such as advocating progesterone creams and the prescription drug Clomid but other suggestions are just silly such as eating yams. Lots of yams.

According to the number of hits that post received, I think I hit a nerve. Lots of readers found the post not by accident but by searching for, “twins and yams,” or “what do I eat to conceive twins?” Obviously many women out there are strongly considering this as a viable solution to conceiving twins. And it made me wonder, “Well, just how many yams do you have to eat to conceive twins?” To get to the answer, we need to go back to where this fact/rumor/idea all began.

The rate of fraternal twins (or dizygotic) varies greatly from country to country, culture to culture, ethnic group to ethnic group. Although their rate of twinning has rapidly increased in the past few years along with many other developing countries, the Japanese have the lowest incidence of twinning. (Back in the late 1990s, it was estimated that the Japanese had six twin pairs per every 1,000 births.) On the other hand, the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria, West Africa has the highest rate with 45 pairs per 1,000 births. That means that nearly one in 11 Yoruba is a twin! (These days in the United States, one in 33 births results in a twin.)

Researchers have long speculated that it’s the Yoruba diet that can help explain this Herculean statistic. Specifically, it’s the Yoruba’s daily diet of cassava (a type of yam). Although the Yoruba diet also includes plantains, taro, maize and beans, it’s the cassava that contains phytoestrogen, an estrogen compound that increases a woman’s follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and may induce a higher rate of ovulation.

Did you catch that? It’s a “daily diet.” Yoruba females consume a lot of cassava from the cradle to the grave. They eat the yam roasted, broiled, dried, or pounded into a paste to make iyan, a popular staple dish. The dried yam is often ground up and added to boiling water to create a porridge-like dish called amala and then eaten with a stew. They even mill the yam to create flour." Talk About Twins

Our family likes the almond milks, too, including the variety of flavors. But we try to stay clear of the sweetened products.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 14th, 2014 at 12:00:35 PM permalink

More than a few vegetables can and do cause bodily harm. Some can even be fatal when not prepared correctly or taken to extremes. In the face the overreaching attempt to redefine the word, here is the generally accepted universal meaning:
"noun
1. any plant whose fruit, seeds, roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, leaves, or flower parts are used as food, as the tomato, bean, beet, potato, onion, asparagus, spinach, or cauliflower.
2. the edible part of such a plant, as the tuber of the potato.
3. any member of the vegetable kingdom; plant.
4. Informal. a person who is so severely impaired mentally or physically as to be largely incapable of conscious responses or activity.
5. a dull, spiritless, and uninteresting person."

No one is redefining vegetable. Plagiarizing a dictionary is not persuasive, I also have access to an online dictionary. Please quit trolling.
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 14th, 2014 at 12:14:44 PM permalink

Researchers have long speculated that it’s the Yoruba diet that can help explain this Herculean statistic. Specifically, it’s the Yoruba’s daily diet of cassava (a type of yam). Although the Yoruba diet also includes plantains, taro, maize and beans, it’s the cassava that contains phytoestrogen, an estrogen compound that increases a woman’s follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and may induce a higher rate of ovulation.

Did you catch that? It’s a “daily diet.” Yoruba females consume a lot of cassava from the cradle to the grave. They eat the yam roasted, broiled, dried, or pounded into a paste to make iyan, a popular staple dish. The dried yam is often ground up and added to boiling water to create a porridge-like dish called amala and then eaten with a stew. They even mill the yam to create flour." Talk About Twins

Our family likes the almond milks, too, including the variety of flavors. But we try to stay clear of the sweetened products.

Oddly enough,

I talked with my daughter [3000 miles] away and told her of my obsession with eating yams.

She WHO HAS TWINS which do not run in the family revealed to me that she has had an ongoing lust for yams. I wasn't aware of any unwanted side effects and frankly I was hesitant to look it up. I have fallen in love with these tubers. Previously I thought it was just a phase I was going through? I may now be looking for a support group like "tubers anonymous" or something. This is almost embarrassing. Then the daughter tells me they are good for breakfast as well. A light bulb goes off over my head and I utter, wunhh? Breakfast yams, why didn't I think of it? She says, shred them raw, sprinkle them with garlic powder and fry them in butter, they are delicious. Then she tells me I can cook them in a crock pot, again with the light bulb thingy. No wonder I love this girl!

On the almond milk, I think the price is going to skyrocket when the full effects of the Cali drought takes hold? My friends over there say they are ripping out many multi year established orchards. Our fave is the almond milk with vanilla and coconut, yum. I'm a label reader and won't do soy or otherwise sweetened.

And to make sure I am on topic, I hope Michelle Obama is reading this thread and finding out the dangers of vegetables, lol. Like she ever ate one.
RonC
RonC
November 14th, 2014 at 12:25:29 PM permalink

Please quit trolling.

So everyone who disagrees with you is a troll?

Stop accusing everyone of trolling, please...it is annoying and not true. You could say that you are trying to bully people, but I don't know if that is your intent.

Block the thread or the people you don't like if it bothers you so...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 14th, 2014 at 12:32:24 PM permalink

No one is redefining vegetable. Plagiarizing a dictionary is not persuasive, I also have access to an online dictionary. Please quit trolling.

Search Results:

troll
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Sorry, I do not see how defining either a commodity or a vegetable fits "offensive" or "provocative."
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
November 14th, 2014 at 1:19:00 PM permalink
Neither nightshade nor french fries (with or without katsup) are what nutritionists have in mind when calling for servings of vegitables.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 14th, 2014 at 1:27:09 PM permalink

Search Results:

troll
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Sorry, I do not see how defining either a commodity or a vegetable fits "offensive" or "provocative."

Please quit trolling.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 14th, 2014 at 1:31:29 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

So everyone who disagrees with you is a troll?

Stop accusing everyone of trolling, please...it is annoying and not true. You could say that you are trying to bully people, but I don't know if that is your intent.

Block the thread or the people you don't like if it bothers you so...

No, I think you put in enough reasonable discourse in your posts to not be trolling. Taking a contrary view and/or copying the dictionary to imply someone doesn't understand words for no other reason than to elicit an aggravated response, when you have no defensible position, is not disagreement...especially after repeated requests to stop and there is no viewpoint offered to disagree with. If by bully, u mean use superior intellect to force someone to realize what anyone should already know...possibly earlier, but I most certainly gave up by now. If u meant in some other way, I don't think so at all.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 14th, 2014 at 2:50:22 PM permalink
MODS please delete. The poster I was replying to was suspended it seems at exactly the time I was posting this.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 14th, 2014 at 3:58:55 PM permalink
Just saw some new videos of Gruber. The new comments are probably worse than the others. IMO.

This is going to be a rightwing orgasm. For how long I don't know.

I guess the congress could eff it up somehow when they grill him. They are surely going to call him there though.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 14th, 2014 at 4:12:52 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Just saw some new videos of Gruber. The new comments are probably worse than the others. IMO.
This is going to be a rightwing orgasm. For how long I don't know. I guess the congress could eff it up somehow when they grill him. They are surely going to call him there though.

It's an amazing scenario, the hubris of this
arrogant MIT guy. He said all this in public
and knew he was being taped. Brags about
duping and lying to the public. The Left says
'big deal, both sides lie'. Really? I remember
when they accused Bush of lying (he didn't)
about WMD's. Where was their 'both sides
lie' mantra then.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
November 14th, 2014 at 4:13:59 PM permalink
Most obamites have double digit iq so I don't know why people are so shocked by that Gruber cat's comments. Frankly, nobody with an iq under 100 should be allowed to vote or procreate, and if that were the law of the land most of America's problems would be solved within a coupla three generations, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 14th, 2014 at 4:24:10 PM permalink

This is going to be a rightwing orgasm. For how long I don't know.

I guess the congress could eff it up somehow when they grill him. They are surely going to call him there though.

Nothing happens in politics by accident
RonC
RonC
November 15th, 2014 at 4:40:08 AM permalink
Nancy Pelosi suddenly forgot who this Gruber fellow was...

http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/13/pelosi-reid-among-democrats-who-have-praised-gruber/

You'd think she would at least have a staff good enough to go over potential problem areas before she opens her mouth. I don't expect her to remember everything but I do think they spend enough on staff and other stuff that she shouldn't ever get caught in something like this.

...or maybe she just says what she wants and doesn't care if it is a lie...
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 15th, 2014 at 5:33:28 AM permalink
Quote: MrWarmth

I care for those less fortunate than myself. I care that they have health care.

I'm a reasonable person.
Honest question now all this stuff with bish is over.
What type of system do propose so that those less fortunate can get healthcare.

Anybody on the right, please chime in.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
November 15th, 2014 at 7:36:56 AM permalink
I'm not on the right, but I think their solution is something like: Wave a magic wand to make yourself more fortunate.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
November 15th, 2014 at 7:51:29 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I'm a reasonable person.
Honest question now all this stuff with bish is over.
What type of system do propose so that those less fortunate can get healthcare.

First I propose that we stop thinking no health insurance = no health CARE.

Second I propose we get more transparent pricing. We have already seen the springing up of clinics in places like Walgreens for simple stuff. More will follow and at lower prices for most things if we quit thinking you can only buy through insurance.

Third we have tax-free HSAs so it is easier to pay,

And finally I propose a "liberal tax." It would be voluntary, but those who say "everyone should have health insurance" can put their money where their mouth is and pay an extra tax starting at say $100 a month. Proceeds would be used to buy insurance for those without it.
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 15th, 2014 at 10:12:26 AM permalink

I'm a reasonable person.

Geez terapined, an independent can't get a fair chance from either side!

You do realize that is a bit exclusionary, correct ? How is that reasonable, that's like me asking for an opinion from anyone not in the sunshine state about oranges.lol
rxwine
rxwine
November 15th, 2014 at 10:38:19 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

I'm not on the right, but I think their solution is something like: Wave a magic wand to make yourself more fortunate.

Their last presidential contender came up with a plan once. I say we go with that one. Or the one we have.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
November 15th, 2014 at 11:30:05 AM permalink

What type of system do propose so that those less fortunate can get healthcare. Anybody on the right, please chime in.

As a lifelong Democrat who has served as a local election board official and community organizer, among other similar posts, I infer that you feel that Medicaid does not work. If not, why not? Maybe an honest examination of that program's successes and failures would prove productive. If not, then there is not much hope for a larger unwieldy program, as the VA scandals have so miserably shown.
RonC
RonC
November 15th, 2014 at 11:34:18 AM permalink

Their last presidential contender came up with a plan once. I say we go with that one. Or the one we have.

The one we have is garbage. Poorly conceived and poorly run. Those aren't just "statements of the opposition" any more; they are rapidly being proven as facts. The law won't stand up to the test of time or most of the tests in court. It will leave 30,000,000 people without insurance.

This is the time for both parties to put every idea--reasonable or unreasonable--on the table and come up with something better. I don't think either party will allow that to happen. That means we'll just have to see what parts the Republicans can take out of the current plan, what they can make better, and what stands as is.

The sad truth is that too many people don't bother to vote so the politicians only have to satisfy a minority of the total population to get the majority of the vote. Not voting cedes more and more control to the special interests on both sides (and the ones in the middle that play both sides) of the aisle. The way to change things is to get every legal, registered, voter with proper ID from all sides of the spectrum to vote every time.
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 15th, 2014 at 11:37:56 AM permalink

First I propose that we stop thinking no health insurance = no health CARE.

Second I propose we get more transparent pricing. We have already seen the springing up of clinics in places like Walgreens for simple stuff. More will follow and at lower prices for most things if we quit thinking you can only buy through insurance.

Third we have tax-free HSAs so it is easier to pay,

And finally I propose a "liberal tax." It would be voluntary, but those who say "everyone should have health insurance" can put their money where their mouth is and pay an extra tax starting at say $100 a month. Proceeds would be used to buy insurance for those without it.

I would like people to stop thinking of "health care" as healthcare and not "sick care". A friends wife is enrolled in the cut, burn and poison program offered by the ama and the chemo alone is 100k per year [thanks to "health insurance"]. She is constantly sick.

My understanding is that overall the 5 year survival rate for all [serious] cancers is around 3%. That is considered success. Three percent according to the aci, or the ama is success and naturopathic "healthcare" is considered by them voodoo medicine. If Merck, or lilly etc, come up with some new drug that extends the life of a serious cancer victim from 6 months to 9 months, it is hailed as a "miracle". This, the insurances are often willing to pay for. If it weren't for "the children" with vaccines, tetanus shots, the military going into a war zone there would be next to no preventative medicine at all.

The system itself is so sick, they don't even think you have the right to self terminate. At least not while you still have medical coverage.

It is disturbing to watch dialogues go round and around about the aca, about who wrote it, etc.

I thought it was public knowledge that lobbyists wrote it with the best interests of insurer's and big pharma in mind. Me and the lunatic in Cali both haven't read it. Last I heard it was over 1400 pages. No where in this "Act" does it mention competition for drug prices. I have been told that over half a billion was looted from medicare part "D" to finance this progra. It is an exclusionary act that protects the status quo. It never was for the benefit of the uninsured. I think this aca is just a precursor to "single payer".

Again with this ACA, like everything these creatures do, follow the money. Where is the money going? Where is it being taken from and who will benefit? This will end up being one hell of a boon to the insurance company's and I will still be paying for vitamins. Oh, and yams.

And another thing. This big worry about death panels pisses me off. Everybody that is worried about death panels that talk out one side of their mouth so insincerely about death panels on one side and then on the other side refuse to let terminally ill people die with dignity are a vile, interfering bunch of a**holes.
rxwine
rxwine
November 15th, 2014 at 11:46:22 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

...we'll just have to see what parts the Republicans can take out of the current plan, what they can make better...

Probably more accurate with the strikeout and italics, I'm afraid.

~
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 15th, 2014 at 12:42:35 PM permalink
Received my first cold call on my cell phone on Obamacare today from someone saying they were an "obamacare help center". Loving to play with cold callers, I pressed 1 to see what the pitch or scam was.

Bottom line is they are an insurance agency selling worthless policies (my opinion, not their words) that they feel will be cheaper for most people. They encourage paying the fine and buying their policy instead of going on the exchange, stating most will save money. The pitch was that OC requires you to pay for things like maternity coverage and other things you will never use.

They will probably sell a ton of these because you can never underestimate the stupidy, or lack of knowledge about current events, of the American public.

And I also love the creativity of the thinkers in this country, always finding new ways to seperate people from their money. This is the American Dream at its finest, taking an opportunity and running with it as they are doing nothing illegal. Simply stating facts and selling a product to people who deserve what they get if they dont do the research.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 15th, 2014 at 5:39:45 PM permalink
MIT professor admitted the ignorant electorate and misleading language played a great role in Obamacare summed it up as The voters would never go for it if it simply said the Healthy put money in and it goes to the Sick.
Boz
Boz
November 15th, 2014 at 5:45:08 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

MIT professor admitted the ignorant electorate and misleading language played a great role in Obamacare summed it up as The voters would never go for it if it simply said the Healthy put money in and it goes to the Sick.

Take away "care" from the program and change "Healthy" to "lucky, not paying their fair share" and "Sick" to "Hard Working Americans" and you have what this President believes in.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 16th, 2014 at 6:26:04 PM permalink
OMG, I laughed so loud I scared the dog.

Hitler finds out Gruber spilled the beans.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
texasplumr
texasplumr
November 16th, 2014 at 6:34:54 PM permalink
Obamacare isn't going anywhere! The major players in the insurance industry wrote the law. I don't give a f#$% if you're republican, tea bagger or Democrat. It's here to stay. I'm ok with it. Left to republicans or tea baggers I'd have no option for my wife who is disabled. I've been paying for over forty years into SSI.
Stupid is a choice
Boz
Boz
November 16th, 2014 at 7:18:31 PM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

Obamacare isn't going anywhere! The major players in the insurance industry wrote the law. I don't give a f#$% if you're republican, tea bagger or Democrat. It's here to stay. I'm ok with it. Left to republicans or tea baggers I'd have no option for my wife who is disabled. I've been paying for over forty years into SSI.

I love how liberals use the word "teabagger" like it is an insult to followers of the Tea Party. If it is an insult then why do liberals fight everyday for those who love to do it to each other to be treated as equals and be allowed to get married?? So is getting balls on your face and in your mouth a bad thing or not? Seems many liberals consider it as act of affection.

As to your situation, exactly how did Obamacare change your situation? Sorry to hear your wife is disabled, but didn't that already qualify her for care through SS?
  • Jump to: