Thread Rating:

DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
SOOPOOPokerGrinderrsactuary
December 14th, 2018 at 11:14:58 AM permalink
Here’s a thought. Nuke and be done with it. You all are being played like an accordion.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleRogerKint
December 14th, 2018 at 11:29:14 AM permalink
Don't just blame the bear.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 14th, 2018 at 4:50:38 PM permalink
Uh, re: the above "don't feed the bears:"

It looks to me like being eaten by the bear turned the little boy into a buxom gal.

Ah, the power of nature!
"What, me worry?"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
December 15th, 2018 at 11:14:11 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Uh, re: the above "don't feed the bears:"

It looks to me like being eaten by the bear turned the little boy into a buxom gal.

Ah, the power of nature!

His arms are crossed you dirty old man!
MrV
MrV
December 15th, 2018 at 6:34:34 PM permalink
How in the world could a lad possibly cross his arms after being devoured by a bruin?

Smokey the bear may be a wise bear, but unlike a boa he doesn't eat his meal whole.

Heck, junior's arms, legs, torso and head would have been hacked, mangled and chewed to shreds.

So since we're talking fantasy, I prefer mine. :)
"What, me worry?"
100xOdds
100xOdds 
  • Threads: 642
December 15th, 2018 at 8:11:45 PM permalink
CrystalMath 'ð Days' for Personal insult.
cute
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
December 15th, 2018 at 8:28:58 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

CrystalMath 'ð Days' for Personal insult.
cute

It's supposed to look like this number of days, which is how it appears to me...

"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
MrV
MrV
December 20th, 2018 at 1:07:39 PM permalink
I am a bit confused as to why the wiz suspended Boz for insult in the Nathan's Corner thread.

Was it the use of the words "Mother Teresa," "underhanded" or "bitter?"

I've seen people get away with saying worse than that.
"What, me worry?"
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 20th, 2018 at 1:14:52 PM permalink

I am a bit confused as to why the wiz suspended Boz for insult in the Nathan's Corner thread.

Quote: Boz

Can someone share with Billy I take my shots not caring if he sees them or not. He knows how I feel about him and people who know me, know it’s not an act. I totally disagree with him on almost everything from his politics of dependence to his fake persona. His hatred of others who he doesn’t agree with shows his true colors.

What’s sad is how he lives off others hard work and presents himself as better than others.

He’s living proof we should always Thank Vets for their service, but some didnt learn anything from the opportunities it presented them.

Now Bill, go back to ignoring me and go enjoy that free Burger, you certainly earned it.

This post was much more of a personal insult IMO. I have a feeling it was a combination of both, and wiz just quoted the first.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
December 20th, 2018 at 2:09:33 PM permalink

I’d be pretty angry if anyone called me mother Teresa
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
December 20th, 2018 at 2:18:21 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

I strive to be part Francis of Assisi, part Bill Ayers, with a sprinkling of Robin Hood and Joe McDonald tossed in.
I can live with the Mother Theresa comparison.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
December 20th, 2018 at 3:07:51 PM permalink

Stumbles into The Discussion Thread, clearly drunk. Slurs,"Mother Theresa was a saaaaaaiiiiiint." :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
December 20th, 2018 at 3:44:15 PM permalink

It was the whole thing, combined with other posts that were in the grey area. I admit it was a borderline case, but I'd have felt insulted if he made the post in question about me.

If anyone feels other posts are worse, they are welcome to make an official complaint.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 20th, 2018 at 4:50:46 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

It was the whole thing, combined with other posts that were in the grey area. I admit it was a borderline case, but I'd have felt insulted if he made the post in question about me.

If anyone feels other posts are worse, they are welcome to make an official complaint.

do the complaints get filed in that circular storage container. ;-)
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
December 21st, 2018 at 11:09:15 PM permalink
Perhaps some positive reinforcement would help, a carrot to balance out the stick. The person getting the most "thanks" in a set period of time gets recognized as "Gambler of the Week/Month/Year" etc. Winners would get their own thread to answer questions from other users. I haven't been here long but I've seen a few users who consistently produce quality content.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 21st, 2018 at 11:30:14 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

The person getting the most "thanks" in a set period of time gets recognized as "Gambler of the Week/Month/Year" etc. Winners would get their own thread to answer questions from other users.

That sounds like more of a punishment to me!
100% risk of ruin
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
RogerKintCrystalMath
December 22nd, 2018 at 12:56:06 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Perhaps some positive reinforcement would help, a carrot to balance out the stick. The person getting the most "thanks" in a set period of time gets recognized as "Gambler of the Week/Month/Year" etc. Winners would get their own thread to answer questions from other users. I haven't been here long but I've seen a few users who consistently produce quality content.

A person that is near the top in most "quality content" ever imo (CrystalMath) is currently serving a 7 day suspension for finally speaking out against someone's attitude that I think has needed to be challenged ever since I began to read his posts. I'm totally willing to serve out the remainder of CM's suspension.

I just hope that the terribly unfair martingale Wizard gave him doesn't make him stop posting completely. He's already become like me and mostly stopped posting. This incident would have made me stop posting completely. That's for sure.

PS: Our current President might take the comment that CM got suspended 7 days for as a compliment, not an insult!
Last edited by: tringlomane on Dec 22, 2018
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
tringlomane
December 22nd, 2018 at 2:23:52 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

A person that is near the top in most "quality content" ever imo (CrystalMath) is currently serving a 7 day suspension for finally speaking out against someone's attitude that I think has needed to be challenged ever since I began to read his posts.

It is always the people who make high quality contributions that get fed up with endless low quality nitpicking, goading and meaningless drivel that they have to wade through.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
CrystalMath
December 22nd, 2018 at 4:07:01 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

A person that is near the top in most "quality content" ever imo (CrystalMath) is currently serving a 7 day suspension for finally speaking out against someone's attitude that I think has needed to be challenged ever since I began to read his posts. I'm totally willing to serve out the remainder of CM's suspension.

I just hope that the terribly unfair martingale Wizard gave him doesn't make him stop posting completely. He's already become like me and mostly stopped posting. This incident would have made me stop posting completely. That's for sure.

PS: Our current President might take the comment that CM got suspended 7 days for as a compliment, not an insult!

I think in our current set of rules a suspension was warranted. However I think it of taking 1 for the team. I do hope he comes back.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
CrystalMath
December 22nd, 2018 at 1:25:34 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I think in our current set of rules a suspension was warranted. However I think it of taking 1 for the team. I do hope he comes back.

Technically yes. And the Wizard does like to follow the rules strictly.

I certainly wouldn't have martingaled it. It's a mild insult at the very most.
MrV
MrV
December 22nd, 2018 at 3:07:04 PM permalink
Makes you wonder whether any criticism of MB is "off limits."

Compare it to the flames people hurl at Nathan, with seeming impunity.
Last edited by: MrV on Dec 22, 2018
"What, me worry?"
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
December 22nd, 2018 at 11:17:00 PM permalink

Makes you wonder whether any criticism of MB is "off limits."

Compare it to the flames people hurl at Nathan, with seeming impunity.

It’s pretty clear there are a chosen few, MB among them, whom you have to walk on eggshells around. The interpretation of the insult rule is largely dependent on the member being insulted
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
OnceDear
December 23rd, 2018 at 12:43:27 AM permalink

The interpretation of the insult rule is largely dependent on the member being insulted

Or perhaps by the number of nits the Greeninkers have had to pick while wading thru the tons of drivel and getting pissed off by it. Greeninkers are human and they are unpaid volunteers.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
MaxPentringlomaneCrystalMath
December 23rd, 2018 at 1:51:17 AM permalink
I never expected to see CrystalMath suspended. His posts were very informative and never insulted a single person.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
OnceDear
December 23rd, 2018 at 2:02:28 AM permalink

It’s pretty clear there are a chosen few, MB among them, whom you have to walk on eggshells around. The interpretation of the insult rule is largely dependent on the member being insulted

I have the list, Michaelbluejay isn't untouchable, he isn't on it.
I am a robot.
100xOdds
100xOdds 
  • Threads: 642
December 30th, 2018 at 5:42:39 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

I never expected to see CrystalMath suspended. His posts were very informative and never insulted a single person.

I dont know CrystalMath's beef with BlueJay but Does this apply?

1)

2)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2018 at 6:07:11 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

It obviously isn't his first trip to the cornfield if he got martingaled.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Nathan
Nathan
December 30th, 2018 at 6:10:36 AM permalink
Can anyone give a direct link to the actual Suspension List? I searched for Suspension List in the Search bar but kept getting links for this thread, not the actual Suspension List. :/
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 30th, 2018 at 6:57:40 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

It obviously isn't his first trip to the cornfield if he got martingaled.

It was back to back. His first post back after first suspension got him his second suspension.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
NathanMichaelBluejay
December 30th, 2018 at 7:07:48 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Can anyone give a direct link to the actual Suspension List? I searched for Suspension List in the Search bar but kept getting links for this thread, not the actual Suspension List. :/

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/rules/5288-suspension-list/#post71165
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2019 at 11:02:15 AM permalink
Unfortunately, a recent post has forced us admins to confront the issue of "hate speech." It is to the forum's credit we've gone as far as we have without needing a rule against it. We have discussed wording behind the scenes and decided on something short and general. That said, our new 19th rule, which is number 18, because we like to keep the Nuclear Option last, reads as follows:

Quote: Rule 18

While we try to promote free speech as much as we can, racial slurs, vulgar terminology or advocating violence against any person or group of people are not welcome.

We thank you in advance for keeping this rule under advisement.

Forum Rules.
unJon
unJon
January 10th, 2019 at 11:03:49 AM permalink

Unfortunately, a recent post has forced us admins to confront the issue of "hate speech." It is to the forum's credit we've gone as far as we have without needing a rule against it. We have discussed wording behind the scenes and decided on something short and general. That said, our new 19th rule, which is number 18, because we like to keep the Nuclear Option last, reads as follows:

Forum Rules.

I didn’t realize the mathlete post rose to that level. :-P
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
January 10th, 2019 at 12:05:26 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

The π versus τ debate ....... I don’t even want to go there.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 10th, 2019 at 12:17:41 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Forum Rules.

It didn't. I reserve the right to use the terms mathlete and Math Guys as respectful and complimentary terms. :)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan
January 10th, 2019 at 12:23:52 PM permalink
Thinking back to my high school days, I'd have to say the mathletes have had more success than the athletes. By sheer coincidence, I'd say the four or five most successful people I know were both.
GWAE
GWAE
January 10th, 2019 at 12:25:45 PM permalink
Was there a thread that brought this up? Have I missed something?
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 10th, 2019 at 12:31:50 PM permalink
The Trump thread, where else?
100% risk of ruin
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 10th, 2019 at 12:40:20 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

The Trump thread, where else?

I'd prefer we not draw attention to it again.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 10th, 2019 at 1:32:33 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Was there a thread that brought this up? Have I missed something?

Boz used a horrible term to describe Mexicans in the political thread
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
mcallister3200RogerKintAxelWolfMaxPen
January 10th, 2019 at 5:12:07 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Boz used a horrible term to describe Mexicans in the political thread

Thanks for doing exactly what the Wizard didn’t want.
Nathan
Nathan
January 13th, 2019 at 2:36:57 PM permalink
I wonder why Nared was banned. All of his posts seemed normal and I actually did my homework this time and went to The Actual Suspension List before asking this question, but Nared wasn't on it when I checked. I did realize that Nared is only one letter away from another Poster, Nareed, and I checked to see if Nared was a sock puppet of Nareed. He isn't, because Nareed is listed as a regular Member.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
January 13th, 2019 at 3:17:30 PM permalink

I wonder why Nared was banned. All of his posts seemed normal and I actually did my homework this time and went to The Actual Suspension List before asking this question, but Nared wasn't on it when I checked. I did realize that Nared is only one letter away from another Poster, Nareed, and I checked to see if Nared was a sock puppet of Nareed. He isn't, because Nareed is listed as a regular Member.

I recognised that he/she had characteristics of a previously nuked member, but it was not me that nuked Nared.
The suspension list is a moderator resource that happens to be visible to members. Nuked members and Socks rarely get added to the list.
I've asked others for clarification. Watch this space.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Nathan
Nathan
January 13th, 2019 at 5:01:59 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I recognised that he/she had characteristics of a previously nuked member, but it was not me that nuked Nared.
The suspension list is a moderator resource that happens to be visible to members. Nuked members and Socks rarely get added to the list.
I've asked others for clarification. Watch this space.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a Nuked/Sock Puppet List along with The Suspension List?:/
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
RS
January 13th, 2019 at 5:15:16 PM permalink

Wouldn't it make sense to have a Nuked/Sock Puppet List along with The Suspension List?:/

............what do you think the suspension list is???
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
unJon
unJon
January 13th, 2019 at 5:19:42 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

............what do you think the suspension list is???

Read OnceDear’s post again . . .
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
NathanRS
January 13th, 2019 at 5:29:33 PM permalink
Nared was a sock of a previously banned member, who was a sock of a previously banned member, going back to at least 2012. No relation to Nareed.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 13th, 2019 at 5:53:40 PM permalink
While Nareed is serving a long suspension at DT, she is welcome to post here. I think she is refraining as a protest.
Nathan
Nathan
January 13th, 2019 at 6:13:38 PM permalink

While Nareed is serving a long suspension at DT, she is welcome to post here. I think she is refraining as a protest.

Nareed is a SHE? Color me surprised. O.O
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
January 13th, 2019 at 6:53:38 PM permalink
I believe that the user name "Nareed" is taken from a science fiction short story (or perhaps novel) written by the member of our forum who uses that I.D. Our Nareed has attended a number of Spring Fling festivities (though not in several years), and she is included in the photos that have been published. She has not always been well received by all members, but I wish she would come to another of our gatherings.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
Thanked by
ams288rxwineFTBbeachbumbabsdjatcAxelWolfCrystalMathrsactuaryrdw4potus
January 13th, 2019 at 6:53:45 PM permalink

Nareed is a SHE? Color me surprised. O.O

That’s rich.
  • Jump to: