utahsaint
utahsaint
  • Threads: 1
May 7th, 2012 at 2:52:55 AM permalink
When I try to post a thread on here it tells me to "go away" as I "appear to be spamming". I'm new to this site but this seems pretty weird to me. Does this always happen??
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
May 7th, 2012 at 4:47:08 AM permalink
Apparently not, since you managed to post this one :)

It is just a "poor man's captcha" :)
There is a (rather draconian) policy here, limiting the number of posts per day the new members are allowed to make to some very low number. You have to wait till tomorrow to be allowed to post.

But I would remove the website from your signature if I were you. It sure does make you look like a spammer ....
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
May 7th, 2012 at 11:53:48 AM permalink
I am going to guess the website in your signature is why you're not allowed to post. I like draconian policies. Keeps out the riff-raff.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
utahsaint
utahsaint
  • Threads: 1
May 8th, 2012 at 10:55:54 AM permalink
Thanks for the advice. I have changed my signature now so hopefully this will work.

My original post was asking where on this site I should post about buying/selling gambling domain names. Please could someone point me to the correct section - as I don't want to be accused of spamming or otherwise using the forum inappropriately!

Thanks.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
May 8th, 2012 at 11:36:32 AM permalink
Scroll Down in the "Off-Topic Discussions" section to the "KIOSK"
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
May 8th, 2012 at 11:40:03 AM permalink
If you are selling anything, then I think the thread should be in the kiosk, but there are restrictions there. It is supposed to be for Las Vegas business matters -- this is the Wizard of Vegas site, after all -- and it explicitly prohibits on-line gambling sites. I don't know that the sale of domain names is prohibited, but selling gambling domain names sounds as if you are coming close. I think you should send a Private Message to the Wizard to ask whether this is acceptable before you start offering such things for sale here.
  • Jump to: