rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
June 1st, 2023 at 9:49:44 AM permalink
You make a post but come back later and don’t see it.

Probably just my own brain fog, but thought I would check with everyone.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
June 1st, 2023 at 11:20:58 AM permalink
It seems to take about 9 seconds between when I click Post and when the message percolates into the system.

I think I recall some irregularities if I drop off the wifi or otherwise interrupt the process in that interval.
May the cards fall in your favor.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
June 1st, 2023 at 11:33:23 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

It seems to take about 9 seconds between when I click Post and when the message percolates into the system.

I think I recall some irregularities if I drop off the wifi or otherwise interrupt the process in that interval.
link to original post

I suppose it could be a the wifi breaking a connection at just the right moment. Hadn't thought of that.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 2nd, 2023 at 5:37:04 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

I suppose it could be a the wifi breaking a connection at just the right moment. Hadn't thought of that.
link to original post

Go back to wired internet, it is much more reliable.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
June 2nd, 2023 at 6:42:19 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: rxwine

link to original post

link to original post

Go back to wired internet, it is much more reliable.
link to original post

True indeed!

I don't have the ultra-deluxe phone with wired ethernet jacks (nor token ring!), and I don't much feel like lugging around a Compaq Portable II, no matter how bulletproof they are.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: