Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
February 27th, 2020 at 11:19:40 AM permalink
I have tried to change my avatar and I知 continually running into problems. When I try to change it to a photo showing a black jack natural the avatar shows sideways. Or sometimes I値l get an error message where I can稚 change it at all. Or I have changed it to one of the photos on my phone and sometimes that will appear correctly, but I知 only doing this as a mock change to see if it works. Sometimes I値l have a new avatar, but other times I値l have the same avatar placed on its side. But then when I try to change it to a handheld blackjack I get an error message. And sometimes I値l take the photo intentionally tilted to the right thinking that when it appears as an avatar it will be straight up and down because the avatar often rotates 90° to the left. But this doesn稚 work because now the avatar is rotated 180° to the left.

Is the whole procedure of changing an avatar really this glitchy?
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
February 27th, 2020 at 11:52:42 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I have tried to change my avatar and I知 continually running into problems. When I try to change it to a photo showing a black jack natural the avatar shows sideways. Or sometimes I値l get an error message where I can稚 change it at all. Or I have changed it to one of the photos on my phone and sometimes that will appear correctly, but I知 only doing this as a mock change to see if it works. Sometimes I値l have a new avatar, but other times I値l have the same avatar placed on its side. But then when I try to change it to a handheld blackjack I get an error message. And sometimes I値l take the photo intentionally tilted to the right thinking that when it appears as an avatar it will be straight up and down because the avatar often rotates 90° to the left. But this doesn稚 work because now the avatar is rotated 180° to the left.

A sideways blackjack is cool

A symbol of card counters who "tilt" the deck in their favor
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
February 27th, 2020 at 1:09:10 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I have tried to change my avatar and I知 continually running into problems. ...

Are you trying to do it from your phone?
What's the image file type?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
February 27th, 2020 at 2:21:24 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Are you trying to do it from your phone?
What's the image file type?

I知 not sure. Some of, or at least one photo, I believe is a jpeg. When I use my iPhone 6s to take a photo, I知 not sure what kind of file type it is. I致e been able to change my avatar to a couple of the photos on my phone, but I don稚 want my own likeness as my avatar. I would assume all my photos are jpeg. (I just googled it and it appears that my photos are JPG)

Here痴 the photo through Imgur. Even though I was able to post avatars just using photos directly from my phone I thought I would just send one through Imgur also (if that makes a difference).

Last edited by: Greasyjohn on Feb 27, 2020
  • Jump to: