Thread Rating:

tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 7
January 16th, 2013 at 3:54:08 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

OK, here are some dirty little myVegas secrets:

All bonus games are pre-determined. Before you ever select a safe number, the game knows whether you are going to open the safe or not. I didn't spend a lot of time collecting bonus info for this game, but in my sample, I opened the safe 35 out of 45 times. To estimate the bonus pay, I just averaged the pay awarded for the 45 bonuses.

For the uptown bonus, I won 35/53 times.

Fair enough, but I'm guessing if you ran good or bad on these bonuses, it could change your overall return result by a few percentage points? The fact you got ~90% on multiple games probably means the "quick and dirty" method of bonus analysis is good enough this purpose.

About how many reel symbols did you find in some of these games? For Excalibur and NYNY, it might be 50 or less per reel, but I would assume other games may have more. And how many spins did you end up sampling on them? Some games like IGT's Texas Tea and Texas Tina (via PC game), I have been able to get reliable results within 500 spins since they had ~50 symbols or less per reel.
Alembert
Alembert
January 16th, 2013 at 4:02:03 PM permalink
With responses that indicate that many of you are playing this game, it seems that it may very well be worth the time investment.

Has anyone actually cashed in points for rewards? Any hassles or issues redeeming them?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 16th, 2013 at 4:06:34 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Fair enough, but I'm guessing if you ran good or bad on these bonuses, it could change your overall return result by a few percentage points? The fact you got ~90% on multiple games probably means the "quick and dirty" method of bonus analysis is good enough this purpose.

About how many reel symbols did you find in some of these games? For Excalibur and NYNY, it might be 50 or less per reel, but I would assume other games may have more. And how many spins did you end up sampling on them? Some games like IGT's Texas Tea and Texas Tina (via PC game), I have been able to get reliable results within 500 spins since they had ~50 symbols or less per reel.

Excalibur: 43, 68, 60, 42, 42
The free spin reels in Excalibur have the same length, but they are different reels.

NYNY base game: 43, 66, 57, 127, 42
NYNY free spins have identical reels as base game.

Lost in Time: 64, 64, 64, 64, 64 - there is a special stacked symbol on these reels which gets replaced randomly with one of the symbols from the game. So, the reels could appear to be much larger, but when you play, you will notice that only one type of symbol is stacked in each spin.
The bonus reels in Lost in Time have the same length, but they are different reels than the base game.

PM on the way about the number of games it took.
I heart Crystal Math.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
January 16th, 2013 at 4:18:52 PM permalink
Quote: Alembert

With responses that indicate that many of you are playing this game, it seems that it may very well be worth the time investment.

Has anyone actually cashed in points for rewards? Any hassles or issues redeeming them?

It's mind numbing, but if you have the time, go for it.

I haven't redeemed any awards, but I've read about other people redeeming awards, and I haven't heard of any complaints. Also, some people have gotten refunds of their purchases when a show isn't available during their trip.
I heart Crystal Math.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 89
January 16th, 2013 at 4:28:39 PM permalink
Come on guys, this is a gambling website.... What is the EV of playing these games? $5 an hour? $10? More?
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
January 16th, 2013 at 4:35:12 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Come on guys, this is a gambling website.... What is the EV of playing these games? $5 an hour? $10? More?

Maybe $0.50 ... maybe
I heart Crystal Math.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 89
January 16th, 2013 at 4:39:36 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

Maybe $0.50 ... maybe

LOL!!!! So stay on line 10 hours a day for 5 straight days and 'earn' a free buffet? Wow!
tringlomane
tringlomane
January 16th, 2013 at 5:06:49 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

LOL!!!! So stay on line 10 hours a day for 5 straight days and 'earn' a free buffet? Wow!

I feel like I am doing "better" than $0.50/hr, but I have a bad habit of not paying attention to the game, and I really dunno how many hours I have logged on it. I just set the slot machine on autospin and click bonus games when needed. It is definitely not a big comp generating game though, but it's reasonable for something that costs nothing to play.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 17
January 16th, 2013 at 7:12:43 PM permalink
Looks like they just changed some of the conditions today-- somebody in one of the groups I'm in for it said "So rewards are limited to three a month now."
tringlomane
tringlomane
January 16th, 2013 at 7:15:40 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Looks like they just changed some of the conditions today-- somebody in one of the groups I'm in for it said "So rewards are limited to three a month now."

Booooooooooooo. I might have to indulge on more expensive rewards then whenever I get to redeem them.

• Jump to: