kulin
kulin
  • Threads: 9
August 12th, 2012 at 11:33:32 PM permalink
Starting October 1st, Mlife will get you 1 point per $3 on slots and $10 on video poker. This will be worth $0.01 in Freeplay and $0.01 in Express Comps. It will reset every October 1st going forward.

Pearl +10%
Gold +20%
Plat +30%
NOIR +40%

I believe prior to this you got 1 point per $2 for slots and it got you an extra $0.01 in Express Comps.

Also there is some questionable wording about what happens to your current tier credits but I would imagine they are reset to 0 on October 1st though you will keep whatever your current tier is until October 1st 2013.

This seems to be to be a net reduction in comps being offered but maybe I misunderstand. All their marketing is using wording like this is some great new promotion. It seems to me that they are basically getting a 1 time chance to wipe out anyone's accumulated tier credits (at the very least those above the current cutoff for each tier) and are reducing all comps going forward.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 13th, 2012 at 7:09:09 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Llew
Llew
  • Threads: 6
October 1st, 2012 at 11:32:44 PM permalink
Yes, it's a comp reduction and screws over people who would have advanced their tier without the reset. Also, I think they've started making you use your express comps before they'll use primary comps for food etc. at the end of your trip. Finally, I believe they are limiting max express comps to $10,000.

On the other hand, a set expiration date rather than rolling expiration of tier credits is a much-needed change. And they still comp table game players better far better than Caesar's, in addition to the better table rules they provide at Mirage/MGM Grand/Aria/Bellagio.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
October 2nd, 2012 at 2:43:13 PM permalink
Quote: Llew

On the other hand, a set expiration date rather than rolling expiration of tier credits is a much-needed change. And they still comp table game players better far better than Caesar's, in addition to the better table rules they provide at Mirage/MGM Grand/Aria/Bellagio.

I've found this to be absolutely false when you look at the big picture, including a hotel room. I know it's been harped on over and over by myself and others, but I can stay at Flamingo/Bally's/IP for free pretty much any time I want. I can get a crappy discount at Luxur/Excalibur but that's about it. I've gambled about the same at the 2 chains (Pearl MLife/Platinum TR).

I think your express comps with MLife might accrue better than your TR credits, but that's not the whole picture.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
  • Jump to: