Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
September 12th, 2012 at 11:09:45 AM permalink
Inspired by the "What if you knew the next card" thread, I am wondering if there is a way to offer a BJ based game where players have to option to, "Pay to Peek" at the next card. I am thinking it might be accomplished in two flavors:

1) Player can pay to see next card before making a decision to hit. What is the value of this information, relative to base bet (b)?

2) Player can pay to have next card "scanned". The scanner will indicate if the value is "10" or "not 10". What is the value of this information?

I suppose other limitations could be put in place if the edge swings to wide in the player's favor (no additional hits, ties lose, even money 21's, etc.).
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
September 12th, 2012 at 12:42:55 PM permalink
Could you play two hands ?

One (small) hand could always peek at the card, stand if it is helpful for the second (big) hand - and hit if it isn't helpful.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
September 12th, 2012 at 12:50:43 PM permalink
Quote: MangoJ

Could you play two hands ?

One (small) hand could always peek at the card, stand if it is helpful for the second (big) hand - and hit if it isn't helpful.

Good question. I originally thought the card would be burned if peeked, then declined. However, if the numbers work out, this could be included. I suppose that of the times it is helpful, about half would be on the first hand, and about half on the second, so it could still work with two spots. The big question is still, "how much to charge for a peek?" Is it worth half your base bet?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
September 12th, 2012 at 1:12:06 PM permalink
Whatever you do, burn the card if it is not being used by the player who paid for the peek. Otherwise your game is vulnerable by the strategy above.
  • Jump to: