1 vote (16.66%)
3 votes (50%)

6 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 3rd, 2024 at 4:55:37 PM permalink
I noticed Power Stacks Poker recently at VideoPoker.com. This video poker variant introduces "Sticky Cards." If the player is dealt and holds a high pair or three of a kind on the deal, he will get a specified number of Extra Hands. Replacement cards are dealt one hand at a time to the Extra Hands. If the player gets more of whatever rank triggered the Extra Hands, it will be replicated on all subsequent to be dealt to.

I explain the rules and an in-depth example in my new page on Power Stacks Poker.

I started on an analysis. However, this game would be tedious and error prone to analyze. I have asked my contact at VideoPoker.com for more information, which can take days or weeks to get.

For now, the question for the poll is would you play Power Stacks Poker?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
ChesterDog
April 17th, 2024 at 1:29:48 PM permalink
My page on Power Stacks Poker is ready for full review. I just added full tables of all pay tables available for the game and their return. My usual thanks to VideoPoker.com for the information, where you may play the game for fun. For this game, I think a Gold level membership is required.

I welcome all questions, corrections, and comments.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
April 18th, 2024 at 4:37:59 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

My page on Power Stacks Poker is ready for full review. I just added full tables of all pay tables available for the game and their return. My usual thanks to VideoPoker.com for the information, where you may play the game for fun. For this game, I think a Gold level membership is required.

link to original post

Thx!
I would definitely try 9/6 ddb version. Huge bump in EV from 99% to 99.75%.

Can you add a 3rd column to list the added EV for each paytable?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
100xOdds
April 18th, 2024 at 1:46:21 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

link to original post

Cool! Can you post a strategy chart for a common game variant or post a few examples of strategy changes. I am curious as to whether the required strategy changes are intuitive or diabolical.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
  • Jump to: