TheCapitalShip
TheCapitalShip
  • Threads: 7
January 11th, 2023 at 2:02:50 PM permalink
Best 25c denomination bet is an Atomic Fever VP machine that returns about a bit more than 98%.

However, given I have never played this variation, cannot find it online anywhere for free and the fact I do not see this game on the video poker analyzer. I'd like to know from anyone that has played it how the variance compares to typical VP. My normal game is Super Times Pay which I know is very high variance, but wasn't sure what the appropriate baseline to this one would be.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
January 11th, 2023 at 4:42:53 PM permalink
https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/tables/atomic-fever/

According to the Wiz, the game should be played according to the strategy for the base pay table. Realize that that doesn't answer the variance question, but this is all you've got.
Last edited by: rsactuary on Jan 11, 2023
TheCapitalShip
TheCapitalShip
  • Threads: 7
January 12th, 2023 at 9:13:31 AM permalink
I precisely made this thread because I couldn't really find much on how "swingy" the game is, I know it being a sixth coin bet variation the swings are gonna be worse than regular VP, just don't know how much "worse" compared to say, Super Times Pay, even though the return is higher. I can find one video online of someone playing a session on it (DDB), but one session doesn't really answer my question on how much variance it has.
calwatch
calwatch
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
DieterTheCapitalShip
January 12th, 2023 at 10:04:39 PM permalink
Super Times Pay hits one in 14, Atomic Poker hits 1 in 54 times. But, in Atomic for the five free games, your winnings are doubled. Just based on how often (or not) the bonus hits alone, I would say Atomic is swingier. But while you could strike out in Super Times Pay easily, with five games it's less likely to happen. Of course, most people play Super Times in a multi line format (although it does exist in single line and you could play a multi hand machine one line at a time). I have never seen Atomic offered in a multi line format.
  • Jump to: