HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
December 8th, 2019 at 11:34:06 PM permalink
I’ve encountered this twice now. I even emailed realmoneyaction.com but haven’t heard back from them yet.

4 to an inside straight with 4 high cards isn’t even listed on their strategy page. Sitting here with this hand now. Don’t know what to do. Ughhhh.

Click to view their strategy page:
https://www.realmoneyaction.com/video-poker/triple-double-bonus-video-poker-strategy/
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
December 9th, 2019 at 12:40:47 AM permalink
Looks like 3 to a straight flush is what you hold as it's the first thing listed on that strategy page. You can check the WoO hand analyzer. https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/hand-analyzer/ .
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
December 9th, 2019 at 1:19:09 AM permalink
I don't play Ultimate X, so I don't know if you are playing normal/standard video poker or "ultimate x" mode.

If you are playing "standard video poker", then you should keep the 4 high cards (so drop the 9)

If you are in "ultimate x" mode, then you should keep the 3 card potential S Fl (so drop the J and A).

----
Below are some good sites to work this out later when you get home (or if you can access them properly from your phone, you can do it now?)

Standard video poker:
If the pay table on the game you are playing is the same as the one on the "realmoneyaction.com" link you posted, then the link below is probably the best one to use:
https://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/a-1-b-120-c-1-d-0-d-1-d-1-d-2-d-4-d-6-d-9-d-50-d-80-d-160-d-400-d-400-d-50-d-800/

For "Ult x" mode, I would probably use this one:
http://www.beatingbonuses.com/vp.php

1. Make sure you select "TRIPLE DOUBLE BONUS", where it says "select game".
2. For " extra coin feature", select "ultimate x"
3. Click on "modify paytable" and change it to the one you are currently playing.

------
Other info:

If I was playing, and I wasn't sure if I was in "ult x" mode or not, I would play the "3 to a S Fl", as the loss in EV is only about 1% in "standard mode" for making the "sub-optimal play.
But, If you make the sub-optimal play in "ult x" mode, it will cost you about 30% EV.

Hope this was helpful, but again I do not play ultimate x games, so it may be best to wait for someone with more knowledge about "ult x" VP.

----
Update (120 am): it took so long to write this, that someone beat me to it. : )
I would do whatever the person in the previous post says to do.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 9th, 2019 at 5:04:01 AM permalink
For 9/5, 8/5 TDB when betting 5 it's,

AKQJ > KQ9 suited > AKQT.

Cosmo isn't stupid enough to offer 9/6 TDB for nickels I would imagine.

And I see you found the machine near Clique that lets you bet 5! Lol
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 9th, 2019 at 11:41:10 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

For 9/5, 8/5 TDB when betting 5 it's,

AKQJ > KQ9 suited > AKQT.

Cosmo isn't stupid enough to offer 9/6 TDB for nickels I would imagine.

And I see you found the machine near Clique that lets you bet 5! Lol

Until they realize they missed one.
paul5795
paul5795
  • Threads: 0
December 21st, 2019 at 9:18:18 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

Looks like 3 to a straight flush is what you hold as it's the first thing listed on that strategy page. You can check the WoO hand analyzer. /games/video-poker/hand-analyzer/ .

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am trying to reach Miplet. I love your combinatorial analysis spreadsheets for certain blackjack side bets. Do you know of one for the Lucky Lucky side bet? I am willing to pay some de minimus amount for access to such an analyzer. You can see the discussion over on the blackjack forum. p?43052-Lucky-Lucky-Combinatorial-Analysis Thanks!
  • Jump to: