DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 21st, 2020 at 8:21:25 AM permalink
Although Covid has inconvenienced all of us, there are some benefits. Travel prices are dirt cheap. I just booked roundtrip flights to San Francisco for $45 on a weekend. The weekend hotel rate is only $85 for a four star hotel in San Francisco.

I just booked our flights for Thanksgiving to Florida and the prices were a lot cheaper than the usual Thanksgiving fares. Hopefully I can find some reasonable Christmas flights too.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 88
August 21st, 2020 at 8:33:45 PM permalink
Bingo. Literally.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
AxelWolf
August 21st, 2020 at 10:54:53 PM permalink
They are cheaper for a reason lol. Your inflight meal comes with a side of Covid 😬
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 22nd, 2020 at 11:48:34 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

They are cheaper for a reason lol. Your inflight meal comes with a side of Covid 😬

The airlines I fly charge for meals and I don't pay for anything other than the original ticket.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
August 22nd, 2020 at 3:53:10 PM permalink
Lol not quite what I meant
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
August 22nd, 2020 at 4:10:28 PM permalink
I dont think there are any "benefits" from Covid but it has forced some changes on us that might be very beneficial.

In my mind the biggest positive impact was that it forced us to stop wasting. We quickly learned to conserve paper products because they weren't readily available.

Many companies found they no longer needed big offices and people could work from home.

We found we could do without haircuts as often as before.

Fancy clothes and jewelry and cars became less important. Dining out wasn't something we had to do on Saturday nights.

But these were expensive changes in behavior. One man's cutback or savings was another man's job and income.
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
August 22nd, 2020 at 4:40:11 PM permalink
Oh, no matter the situation, someone always benefits. There's always someone who can extract a fistful of dollars from any situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv_GcxkmW4Y
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
August 22nd, 2020 at 4:41:24 PM permalink
Or, conversely:

https://www.shirtquarters.com/brands/bourbon-before-noon/clint-eastwood-get-three-coffins-ready-a-fistful-of-dollars-tee-t-shirt/
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
  • Jump to: