chongjasmine
chongjasmine
  • Threads: 2
July 27th, 2023 at 5:15:09 PM permalink
Which money management is better? Martini or reversed martini?
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
July 27th, 2023 at 5:26:36 PM permalink
Quote: chongjasmine

link to original post

Last edited by: rainman on Jul 27, 2023
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
July 27th, 2023 at 5:58:22 PM permalink
Reverse is more fun without any doubt. Regular you are just risking your whole bankroll to win back your original bet, reverse you are risking just your bet to win more than your bankroll (or whatever you are going for.)

Reverse simply gives more opportunities for an adrenaline rush (and the feel of a "jackpot" type win). If by better you mean more fun, I do not think there is a contest. Neither will change the house edge of a game or long-term results.

Try both, and see which you enjoy more, but I would guess: regular will just feel like a grind, and reverse will give you multiple highs per session. I am a huge proponent of reverse for recreation because I feel that it will cause more positive experiences (as in fun and rushes, not in long-term winning.)
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 28th, 2023 at 4:21:02 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Reverse is more fun without any doubt. Regular you are just risking your whole bankroll to win back your original bet, reverse you are risking just your bet to win more than your bankroll (or whatever you are going for.)

Reverse simply gives more opportunities for an adrenaline rush (and the feel of a "jackpot" type win). If by better you mean more fun, I do not think there is a contest. Neither will change the house edge of a game or long-term results.

Try both, and see which you enjoy more, but I would guess: regular will just feel like a grind, and reverse will give you multiple highs per session. I am a huge proponent of reverse for recreation because I feel that it will cause more positive experiences (as in fun and rushes, not in long-term winning.)
link to original post

I'm inclined the opposite way. Reverse means watching a pretty constant stream of small losses. But effect on bankroll and profitability ends up the same.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
July 28th, 2023 at 6:48:15 AM permalink

link to original post

reverse.
keep doubling down from your 1st win.
quit when the pitboss no longer raises the table limit.
especially roulette. pick lucky '000.' you just need 3 double ups then hookers and blo for lyfe.

you can do it. i kno you can
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 28th, 2023 at 8:11:42 AM permalink
I used to end my BJ sessions with a reverse Marty. If it were a friendly table, I'd announce my plan to let my bet ride five times and then I was done. I think I won out twice, maybe three times in several hundred opportunities, but it was a fun way to lose $5.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
July 28th, 2023 at 8:20:55 AM permalink
Always play Banker they said...but I played Player this time.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 28th, 2023 at 10:50:50 AM permalink

link to original post

2 ounces dry vermouth · 1 ounce gin · Garnish: Olive or lemon twist ...

too much vermouth in the reversed version, but for money management, they might charge less for it
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
July 28th, 2023 at 12:33:13 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

link to original post

too much vermouth in the reversed version, but for money management, they might charge less for it
link to original post

Friend, that seems like a lot of vermouth.
(And... perfect would be half dry, half sweet vermouth, and it makes a huge difference.)
May the cards fall in your favor.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
July 28th, 2023 at 1:00:52 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

link to original post

Friend, that seems like a lot of vermouth.
(And... perfect would be half dry, half sweet vermouth, and it makes a huge difference.)
link to original post

to be clear, that's the recipe for a reverse martini, while a regular martini is two to one gin to vermouth [a dry martini 6 to one , very dry 'just a splash of vermouth'] ... these recipes according to google 'people also ask'

Very dry is the way I like them. Anymore, I never have two
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
July 28th, 2023 at 1:02:53 PM permalink
I never tried a perfect martini

I do like perfect Manhattans over other versions
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
July 28th, 2023 at 1:32:03 PM permalink

to be clear, that's the recipe for a reverse martini,
link to original post

(snip)

How did I miss that it was reversed?
The ratio might work, but I think you may need 2 jiggers of gin, 2 jiggers of dry, and 2 jiggers of sweet. Even reversed, the minimum amount of gin... it's not a French 75, after all.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
July 28th, 2023 at 4:59:02 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Quote: Gandler

link to original post

I'm inclined the opposite way. Reverse means watching a pretty constant stream of small losses. But effect on bankroll and profitability ends up the same.
link to original post

I can't really disagree as this comes down to personal preference and what one finds mentally fun. I just think the rushed that come from reverse and a good streak provide more opportunities for some adrenaline rushes.

I will say initially "discovering" regular martingale gives you the initial rush of feeling like you struck gold with something so simple you can't believe nobody else has found (until reality sets in after more research and bad sessions.) But, this is probably something you have to feel from discovering it from actual play and not reading about it online first.
  • Jump to: