Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 11:59:37 AM permalink
Quote: Vegasbrent

It's now about 2 weeks past the date I was paid last year. Has anyone heard anything good or bad recently? Not a big deal. Just checking to see.

Brent
link to original post

Not the answer you want…. But to my knowledge the winners have been paid. Mission’s responsibility to the winners have been met. Not necessarily by Mission. DJChaps accepted money from Dieter, I believe, to consider the contest payment requirement fulfilled. I think Wizard and UnJon may have helped make Dieter whole? Mission’s holding my $25 was at my request. In the event there is no contest next year (seems likely) I’ll discuss with Mission how we will settle that debt. But I’m not going to consider it until August.
If Mission is in arrears to any other winner they certainly have not been chirping about it.
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
  • Threads: 0
May 4th, 2024 at 12:19:32 PM permalink
I think Gordon paid DJ, but I haven't read or heard of anyone else getting paid other than putting winnings towards next season.

Maybe we'll get some chirps.

Brent
It's not a sin if you don't win, but it's a tragedy if you don't try. Be happy and have fun!
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
odiousgambitVegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 12:20:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It's now about 2 weeks past the date I was paid last year. Has anyone heard anything good or bad recently? Not a big deal. Just checking to see.

Brent
link to original post

Not the answer you want…. But to my knowledge the winners have been paid. Mission’s responsibility to the winners have been met. Not necessarily by Mission. DJChaps accepted money from Dieter, I believe, to consider the contest payment requirement fulfilled. I think Wizard and UnJon may have helped make Dieter whole? Mission’s holding my $25 was at my request. In the event there is no contest next year (seems likely) I’ll discuss with Mission how we will settle that debt. But I’m not going to consider it until August.
If Mission is in arrears to any other winner they certainly have not been chirping about it.
link to original post

This is not true. DJ Chaps was complaining so Gordon paid him out. Mission still owes the rest of the winners.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 12:28:52 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

This is not true. DJ Chaps was complaining so Gordon paid him out. Mission still owes the rest of the winners.
link to original post

Definitely agree with Unjon that Soopoo is quite misled on this, unless all the others are like me ... now refusing to accept any money from Mission. He finally convinced me it is really his own money he was pledging.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 12:31:34 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

That’s even worse then. I guess only DJ was publicly complaining. My error….

Very embarrassing for the site and it’s owners….
Mission provides a lot of the content here…
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh 
  • Threads: 6
Thanked by
VegasbrentSOOPOO
May 4th, 2024 at 1:53:14 PM permalink
There is no incentive for Mission to pay. Gordon and The Wiz assumed Mission's debt to DJChaps. Some of the other players have told him to hold on their winnings for next year's game or have forgiven the debt entirely. Mission's only penalty really is indefinate suspension from WOV, which is really all WOV can do and I'm sure he can live with.

I too want him to pay what he acknowledges he needs pay and is welcomed back. I hope he also gets to run the same game this year and into the future in a fashion that lends integrity to the game.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
RideTheEdgeVegasbrentDJChapsDieter
May 4th, 2024 at 2:40:36 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

There is no incentive for Mission to pay. Gordon and The Wiz assumed Mission's debt to DJChaps. Some of the other players have told him to hold on their winnings for next year's game or have forgiven the debt entirely. Mission's only penalty really is indefinate suspension from WOV, which is really all WOV can do and I'm sure he can live with.

I too want him to pay what he acknowledges he needs pay and is welcomed back. I hope he also gets to run the same game this year and into the future in a fashion that lends integrity to the game.
link to original post

One more clarification. DJChaps was owed $480 by Mission but needed cash right away. I sent DJChaps $400 and "bought" the $480 payment he was owed. Wizard was late to discover what had happened, but when he eventually learned about it he offered to send me $200 and to assume half ownership of Mission's debt to DJChaps. I accepted that offer.

Wizard and I then put our heads together and decided that if we are ever paid the $480 by Mission the money will be split:
Gordonm888: $200
Wizard: $200
DJChaps: $80

This would make Wizard, DJChaps, and I whole. Note that Wizard and I will not be making any profit on the situation.

Let me also mention that unjon has repeatedly made an offer to send cash to anyone who is owed money by Mission. Thank you unjon!

Obviously, this is not a happy situation, but I still think that there's a reasonably good chance that Mission will eventually pay these contest debts.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
  • Threads: 0
May 4th, 2024 at 4:32:19 PM permalink
I believe UnJon's offer was for payment in the form of an Amazon gift card. However, I'm not in real need of the money and don't want somebody else on the hook for a debt owed to me. If Mission never paid, I'd feel obligated to pay it back. I'm relatively new here, so if I was more familiar with people, I would be more open to entertaining such an offer.

You and Wizard are going above and beyond paying DJ the $80 when Mission does finally pay.

I'm in some contests throughout the year that use LeagueSafe, so that may be an option to look into for future contests here.

Brent
It's not a sin if you don't win, but it's a tragedy if you don't try. Be happy and have fun!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
May 5th, 2024 at 2:12:17 AM permalink

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

If I'm involved, I'm not aware of it.
If someone believes I owe (or even should pay), contact me via PM or backchannels.

edit: I'm nowhere near "the post office", so that won't work.
May the cards fall in your favor.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 5th, 2024 at 4:41:09 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

If someone believes I owe (or even should pay), contact me via PM or backchannels.

link to original post

I thought you and Gordon were the same person….
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
May 5th, 2024 at 5:16:32 AM permalink

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Hah! He looks like a movie star. Me, not so much.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 5th, 2024 at 9:57:31 AM permalink

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Hah! He looks like a movie star. Me, not so much.
link to original post

Rumors of Dieter and I being clones of each other are much overstated.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
May 6th, 2024 at 5:01:28 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

"I thought you and Gordon were the same person"___________Quote from SOOPOO….

they're twins___________________ I thought everybody here knew that

Please don't feed the trolls
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
May 6th, 2024 at 6:26:27 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: gordonm888

"I thought you and Gordon were the same person"___________Quote from SOOPOO….

they're twins___________________ I thought everybody here knew that

link to original post

Now that's a first.
And, uh, no. There are other people I look much more like, unless your criteria stop at nostril count.
  • Jump to: