lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
April 28th, 2018 at 3:56:35 AM permalink
against the Cavaliers tomorrow afternoon - game 7

they always fold

the spread is 6, I don't know about the points but I'll take them on the moneyline about -250.

easy money.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Apr 28, 2018
Please don't feed the trolls
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
April 28th, 2018 at 5:18:53 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

against the Cavaliers tomorrow afternoon - game 7

they always fold

the spread is 6, I don't know about the points but I'll take them on the moneyline about -250.

easy money.

My son and I are making the 3 hour trek to go to the game. I want to see the GOAT beat Indiana by himself.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 28th, 2018 at 6:08:04 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

My son and I are making the 3 hour trek to go to the game. I want to see the GOAT beat Indiana by himself.

Outstanding player who has grown more and more into his role. GOAT is still a few better contenders off. MJ, KAJ, WC, DrJ, LB are my top 5. LJ is in that 2nd 5, along with Magic, KB, SO'N, and WF. He could still move up. He displaced Bill Walton in my top 10.

I hope you guys have a marvelous time. And I hope he has a stellar game. I also hope Korver breaks the all-time 3s playoff record. If he's in, he will, because Love got hurt again last night, and they're going to depend heavily on Korner and Nance to fill the gap. (Korver is a Creighton kid, finally making a real difference for a team.)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
April 28th, 2018 at 7:40:22 AM permalink
Ty BBB. Amazingly, I do not think the game is even sold out. At NBA tickets.com there are some seats all priced at exactly $30, which to me means that is the box office price. I am stunned that the tickets are that cheap. If Cleveland loses this is likely LJ's last game in a Cavalier uniform.

We are in the same generation, and I've watched all the greats you mention. Lebron to me has been overall better than all of them. This is an argument I cannot lose.... or win, for that matter.......
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
April 28th, 2018 at 7:43:01 AM permalink
I got all your abbreviations except for SO'N and WF (possibly Walt Frazier?)

I wonder whether GA (Giannis Antetokounmpo) may some day rank up there. Most exciting player today, imo.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
April 28th, 2018 at 8:04:50 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I wonder whether GA (Giannis Antetokounmpo) may some day rank up there. Most exciting player today, imo.

Shaquille O'Neal
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 28th, 2018 at 1:53:37 PM permalink
Origami... isn't that a branch of Topology that deals with paper folding?

Is this thread some joke that went completely over my head? Or is this a real team and an actual event on which people did indeed make money? Maybe I should google this when I wake up. Yes, I think I will.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 28th, 2018 at 3:32:48 PM permalink

Ty BBB. Amazingly, I do not think the game is even sold out. At NBA tickets.com there are some seats all priced at exactly $30, which to me means that is the box office price. I am stunned that the tickets are that cheap. If Cleveland loses this is likely LJ's last game in a Cavalier uniform.

We are in the same generation, and I've watched all the greats you mention. Lebron to me has been overall better than all of them. This is an argument I cannot lose.... or win, for that matter.......

I've been following the NBA and ABA since the 68/69 season. I think LeBron is an all-time great, but he seems to disappear on the court at times. Only other guy I've seen do that was Wilt, and it was always when he was sulking about something. I thought he grow out of it, but those inexplicable disappearances will keep LJ from being the GOAT. I was rooting for him. Not an MJ fan at all, but barring a dozen or more titles, that ship done sailed.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 28th, 2018 at 5:39:42 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Good job. Walt Frazier it is, and Shaquille O'Neal. Wasn't fair to list MJ and MJ, so I said Magic. Made it too easy.

I agree about the "Greek Freak", exactly, and commend you on being able to spell it. If his potential is reached, he will be the player of his generation.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 28th, 2018 at 5:50:43 PM permalink

But it's a fun argument to have.

Both Kobe Bryant and LeBron benefited greatly from moving directly into the NBA, stats-wise. I handicap a bit for that in my personal assessment. 4 less years of college ball for the others, and add those years to their NBA time, in some cases they still eclipse both of them in others they weren't developed enough at 18 to go NBA anyway, and grew in college, particularly MJ.

I hated dropping Bill Walton, a distant relative. He was the greatest player in NCAA history (you can argue that too, if you like). I have to wonder what he would have been if he could have been cloned and 18 today, with modern medicine available to help with his glass ankles.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 28th, 2018 at 5:55:03 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've been following the NBA and ABA since the 68/69 season. I think LeBron is an all-time great, but he seems to disappear on the court at times. Only other guy I've seen do that was Wilt, and it was always when he was sulking about something. I thought he grow out of it, but those inexplicable disappearances will keep LJ from being the GOAT. I was rooting for him. Not an MJ fan at all, but barring a dozen or more titles, that ship done sailed.

You put your finger on it. He's finally grown into being the whole package the last few years, but the first time as a Cav and his time in Miami, what a jerk. Better now by far. Unfortunately, he's aging out physically, but I think he'll go superhuman tomorrow and burn that candle if he has to. He could go lightly next couple of games if they can advance now, and if Love isn't hurt too badly.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
April 30th, 2018 at 2:20:43 PM permalink
Those who still question James' right to be in the discussion didn't watch yesterday's game. He either scored or assisted on 2/3 of their baskets. If he has just a regular great game Cavs lose. I loved that the seats were affordable to most people. We sat in the upper deck amongst a bunch of college kids, families with little kids, and clearly not just the wealthy. I don't think it's like that at a lot of arenas..
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 30th, 2018 at 3:19:55 PM permalink

Those who still question James' right to be in the discussion didn't watch yesterday's game. He either scored or assisted on 2/3 of their baskets. If he has just a regular great game Cavs lose. I loved that the seats were affordable to most people. We sat in the upper deck amongst a bunch of college kids, families with little kids, and clearly not just the wealthy. I don't think it's like that at a lot of arenas..

Thought of you two often watching the game yesterday. That arena has some SERIOUS nosebleed seats! But you got a game worth the effort to attend. James was superb.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 30th, 2018 at 4:44:33 PM permalink
I still see Cleveland as the Eastern favorite as long as LJ is playing. The Sixers will get valuable future experience if the 2 teams matchup.
  • Jump to: