Xciceroguy
Xciceroguy
  • Threads: 3
July 9th, 2012 at 9:46:41 PM permalink
I have read a few news stories lately about states wanting to legalize sports betting in places other than Vegas. California being one of them. I think a few even want to incorporate them into there lotteries like I think Canada does. Anyone have a feel on how this will go? Or is this all just wishful thinking on my part?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 9th, 2012 at 9:54:10 PM permalink
Quote: Xciceroguy

I have read a few news stories lately about states wanting to legalize sports betting in places other than Vegas. California being one of them. I think a few even want to incorporate them into there lotteries like I think Canada does. Anyone have a feel on how this will go? Or is this all just wishful thinking on my part?

It will take some time, and some court action. I still maintain there is a Constitutional challenge to the Feds treating 4 states different than the other 46, and the 10th Ammendment limits intrastate regulation of any form of gambling.

IF this happens first expect to see some hybrid-high-HE parlors which force you into parlays. Limits on betting on games with the local team involved. Eventually we hopefully will see the day where there is a small sports book in the strip mall between Starbucks and Panera Bread.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
July 10th, 2012 at 12:06:31 AM permalink
not sure on the exact details anymore but i applaud chris christie for pretty much saying FU to the feds.
  • Jump to: