heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
July 11th, 2023 at 3:58:07 PM permalink
I play poker in PA. They have their own versions of poker software for each different provider. BetMGM, and Borgata pool their players but their is two different poker clients that (can) be downloaded but they are essentially the same network - the only upside is you can have two different screenname (but all of that is besides the point).

Ive recently realized that some of the players are performing whats called a DDOS attack on poker players by persistently sending similey faces.

bug #1 Smiley faces are not rate limited.

There is also whats called a "throwable system" where you can "hurl" virtual stuff like eggs or poop at your opponent but those are rate limited.

I contacted support while this was happening and the inital guy i was talking to responded to my inital statement by doubting what i said. "Oh im sure its not the smileys" was pretty close to what he said.

I was being a complete dick to him to be honest because i usually ask these people questions and they usually say "hold on" and no matter how long it takes they come back with an answer

this guy was a brick wall he literally just said he was forwarding all of my questions to support and that they would contact me soon

anyways betmgm and borgata have been down for scheduled maintenance for a while now

i am telling people this because if they dont fix this that... you should all use this to your advantage.

If you dont want someone to play in a hand just send them a million smiley faces really quickly and they wont be able to click any buttons all while timing out

(until after the animations play which is bug #2)
Last edited by: heatmap on Jul 11, 2023
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
July 11th, 2023 at 6:07:14 PM permalink
That is a serious problem if it works as you describe it. I can imagine that your click is instantaneous and the emoji locks the client of the victim for much longer than it takes you to send another emoji.

I know that many sites have pop up offers that block play until you dismiss them. Some sites (including MGM) also have warnings on the half hour that pop up to remind you of how long you are playing. If I have auto-play running, my play will be stopped dead by these popups. If I am playing against the clock in a tournament or leaderboard, I have to keep watching the screen to make sure their popups don't freeze my action.

So, it is entirely believable that BetMGM implemented a poker client feature that blocks players from acting. Good luck getting them to realize the seriousness of the problem and fix it. I have never gotten support to fix a problem at any online site. It is a lot easier for them to just blow you off.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
July 11th, 2023 at 6:13:21 PM permalink
Quote: Mental

That is a serious problem if it works as you describe it. I can imagine that your click is instantaneous and the emoji locks the client of the victim for much longer than it takes you to send another emoji.

I know that many sites have pop up offers that block play until you dismiss them. Some sites (including MGM) also have warnings on the half hour that pop up to remind you of how long you are playing. If I have auto-play running, my play will be stopped dead by these popups. If I am playing against the clock in a tournament or leaderboard, I have to keep watching the screen to make sure their popups don't freeze my action.

So, it is entirely believable that BetMGM implemented a poker client feature that blocks players from acting. Good luck getting them to realize the seriousness of the problem and fix it. I have never gotten support to fix a problem at any online site. It is a lot easier for them to just blow you off.
link to original post

im really hoping its not my video card or something wierd... i really hope i can block anyone from acting and waste their timebanks... i really hope they never fix it
  • Jump to: