investor
investor
  • Threads: 2
February 12th, 2013 at 3:49:39 PM permalink
Does anyone know any lawyers with table games experience in Las Vegas?

Thanks
stoneynv
stoneynv
  • Threads: 7
February 12th, 2013 at 3:55:01 PM permalink
Quote: investor

Thanks

What's the punch line?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 12th, 2013 at 3:58:51 PM permalink
Just about every lawyer who has ever vacationed in Vegas has a good deal of table games experience.
And if you pay him a fee for his legal services, he will undoubtedly gain additional table game experience.
investor
investor
February 12th, 2013 at 4:08:18 PM permalink
I got an idea and want to get a patent out of it. Maybe I didn't ask the correct question. I really need one who has experience in the legal process of getting a table game patent
investor
investor
February 12th, 2013 at 4:08:51 PM permalink
Quote: stoneynv

What's the punch line?

I want to invent a table game.
investor
investor
February 12th, 2013 at 4:10:49 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Just about every lawyer who has ever vacationed in Vegas has a good deal of table games experience.
And if you pay him a fee for his legal services, he will undoubtedly gain additional table game experience.

I have talked to a inventor. He said," his lawyer screwed him up." So the inventor lost his chance to get his patent done on time
stoneynv
stoneynv
  • Threads: 7
February 12th, 2013 at 4:11:01 PM permalink

I want to invent a table game.

sorry, I got it.....good luck
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 12th, 2013 at 4:11:27 PM permalink
Stick around. You will get good advice. Just wait.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
February 12th, 2013 at 4:19:17 PM permalink

Thanks

Howard & Howard, Las Vegas office for gaming patent needs.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 12th, 2013 at 4:20:11 PM permalink
See. it did not take long.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
investor
investor
February 12th, 2013 at 4:25:29 PM permalink
Quote: stoneynv

sorry, I got it.....good luck

thanks
investor
investor
February 12th, 2013 at 4:27:04 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

Howard & Howard, Las Vegas office for gaming patent needs.

Thanks, Dan

the installation of your pai gow games has increased. Congrats!
investor
investor
February 12th, 2013 at 4:28:50 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

See. it did not take long.

I know I can get a lot of help here. Thanks

I know H&H would do, but I still want to know others who are in this town, so I can have more choices.
discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 30
February 12th, 2013 at 4:39:54 PM permalink
My lawyer got both of my gaming patents approved, and the guy never tried to rip me off once over the years I've been dealing with him... come to think of it, he's the only honest lawyer I ever met (including my own dead brother).

The RollStation

TruePlace Bets

These both just got approved last year, and I am a happy customer!

His name is Jon Shackelford, no relation to the Michael Shakelford (The Wizard of Vegas), as far as I know,

517 879 0261

Endurance Law Group, PLC

If you call him, please tell him "Marty Wollner" refered you.
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
investor
investor
February 14th, 2013 at 4:05:04 PM permalink
Quote: discflicker

My lawyer got both of my gaming patents approved, and the guy never tried to rip me off once over the 7 years I've been dealing with him... come to think of it, he's the only honest lawyer I ever met (including my own dead brother).

The RollStation

TruePlace Bets

His name is Jon Shackelford, no relation to the Michael Shakelford (The Wizard of Vegas), as far as I know,

517 879 0261

Endurance Law Group, PLC

Thanks a lot. I will give him a call or shoot him an email. Good luck to your games.

Do you mind I ask how much you have spent on one of your games? So I can do a budget. you don't have to answer, since it is impolite
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 14th, 2013 at 4:07:53 PM permalink
I list a couple here. You should read the articles while you're there.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
investor
investor
February 14th, 2013 at 4:11:19 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I list a couple here. You should read the articles while you're there.

Big help! Thanks a lot. Lol
discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 30
February 18th, 2013 at 10:25:49 AM permalink

Quote: discflicker

My lawyer got both of my gaming patents approved, and the guy never tried to rip me off once over the 7 years I've been dealing with him... come to think of it, he's the only honest lawyer I ever met (including my own dead brother).

The RollStation

TruePlace Bets

517 879 0261

Endurance Law Group, PLC

Thanks a lot. I will give him a call or shoot him an email. Good luck to your games.

Do you mind I ask how much you have spent on one of your games? So I can do a budget. you don't have to answer, since it is impolite

One of the best resources you can find is right here on this BB, in particular, the threads started by PaiGow Dan.

Well, first off, these are not individual games, these are "METHODS", upon which a plathera of games could be developed.

There are a lot of lesssons to be learned about this process, however.

I won't drag out our entire story, except for this: We were faced with making several decisions on how to get my concepts protected. We made two major mistakes:

1) We went to the wrong attornies, TWICE, and one of these was LegalZoom.com. Bottom line: FIND A GOOD LAWYER THAT SPECIALIZES IN GAMING!!

2) We filed both provisional and Utility patents for both The Roll Station (US Patent No. 8,246,446) and TruePlace Wagering (US Patent No. 8,323,100)

I would say the above mistakes cost us about $25,000 and 2 elapsed years of wasted time.

The point is this: You will be faced with a set of decisions to make. Try to make the right choices by doing research.. exactly what you're doing right now, and always retain a positive attitude. You just might get lucky, but plan on gambling $50k if you want it done right.

Visiting a G2E wouldn't hurt either.

Good luck!
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
  • Jump to: