DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
April 18th, 2020 at 6:50:42 AM permalink
Has onyone here played the game Hunt A Killer? It sounds like a board game version of an Escape Room. I had never heard of it until last night. My wife said she thinks it would be a good time killer for us so I went ahead and ordered one.

I would lo like to hear other peoples opinion. It seems like it would appeal to those of you that were playing the online Clue game.

https://www.huntakiller.com/

BECOME A DETECTIVE - Our in-house writers and designers have crafted an immersive, authentic gameplay experience where every detail matters. You’ll feel like you are solving a real-life murder mystery.'

CRACK THE CASE - Each investigation unfolds over a six-episode season. You’ll eliminate one suspect every month until the thrilling conclusion. Once you find the killer, your subscription continues with a brand new story!

CHALLENGE YOURSELF - A private investigator needs your help, and it won’t be easy. Sort through the evidence, decode ciphers, piece together clues, and solve the crime. It’s like an escape room delivered right to your door.

COLLABORATE ONLINE - Share your theories with over 100,000 true crime and mystery enthusiasts in our official groups and exclusive forums. You can discuss episodes without spoilers or ask for help if you get stuck.

PLAY YOUR WAY - Hunt A Killer is a great option for date night, game night, teaming up with friends and family, or just playing on your own. It’s not just a box of stuff, it’s an experience that arrives in the mail each month.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
odiousgambit
April 18th, 2020 at 6:54:18 AM permalink
I'm not much for playing board games but don't you need several people for a good game. I find playing with only two people doesn't really work with most games.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 18th, 2020 at 8:30:14 AM permalink
after you get into the process a bit it asks you for money

it's buying a pig in a poke unless someone can say they played and it is worth it
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 18th, 2020 at 9:12:58 AM permalink
before they ask you for money, but after they get your email address, they start spamming you

how about suggesting games you've actually played?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
odiousgambit
April 19th, 2020 at 12:07:13 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

how about suggesting games you've actually played?

I wasn't suggesting, I was asking for opinions.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: