Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
January 11th, 2016 at 9:20:29 PM permalink
What is the best way to do this in three days? I don't want Quick Picks as I will be selecting the non-birthday numbers above 31. Could I do it with 100 workers, or would more be needed?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
January 11th, 2016 at 9:28:28 PM permalink
100 workers would not come close That would be 1.5 million tickets per person/
With less then 48 hours left that would be 30k tickets an hour which the store would be unable to print -especially without bein. Quick pick
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
andysif
andysif
  • Threads: 23
January 11th, 2016 at 9:29:02 PM permalink
i see that you guys are really struggling with this problem.

In Hong Kong, we could buy the lottery using combinations. if you choose more than 6 numbers, it means you are buying all the combinations of 6Cr.

As long as you got the money up front, you can just tick the "all" box and buy the whole set of ALL combinations.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
January 12th, 2016 at 2:42:24 AM permalink
Quote: andysif

i see that you guys are really struggling with this problem.

In Hong Kong, we could buy the lottery using combinations. if you choose more than 6 numbers, it means you are buying all the combinations of 6Cr.

As long as you got the money up front, you can just tick the "all" box and buy the whole set of ALL combinations.

The problem with your method is in this case tickets would be repeated. It would take multiple thousand people in order to buy all the tickets.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 12th, 2016 at 8:39:06 AM permalink
If I were in charge of the lottery, I would ABSOLUTELY allow for a patron, with cash of course, to purchase any combination of tickets they want. If he wants all possible combinations, and has the 500 million dollars, why not let him? If he wants all possible combinations that includes a certain number, go for it! If he wants 100,000 quick picks, give him a computer file with those picks. Why be encumbered by physically printing the tickets? It is silly that in 2016 this ISN'T being done.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
January 12th, 2016 at 2:55:21 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If I were in charge of the lottery, I would ABSOLUTELY allow for a patron, with cash of course, to purchase any combination of tickets they want. If he wants all possible combinations, and has the 500 million dollars, why not let him?

Because the bazillions of rubes buying $10 and $20 dollars of tickets once or twice a week who are actually the foundation of it all wouldn't think this was fair, and would stop buying tickets. I think the people in charge of the lottery know that, and THAT's why they don't allow it.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
  • Jump to: