Dyvan13
Dyvan13
  • Threads: 48
February 18th, 2019 at 6:05:44 PM permalink
Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if online poker is legal in Arizona? I've googled it and have gotten answers ranging from "Heck yes (and then peddle their online poker affiliate)" to "Heck no (and list reasons why gambling weighs society down)" Have any of the forum members tried online gambling in this state?
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
February 18th, 2019 at 6:19:23 PM permalink
No. Only legal in Nevada, Delaware, New Jersey and now Pennsylvania.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
February 18th, 2019 at 6:26:43 PM permalink
Quote: Dyvan13

Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if online poker is legal in Arizona? I've googled it and have gotten answers ranging from "Heck yes (and then peddle their online poker affiliate)" to "Heck no (and list reasons why gambling weighs society down)" Have any of the forum members tried online gambling in this state?

No, it is not legal in Arizona.

There is at this time a bill being actively considered at the committee level in the Arizona State legislature that could possibly, as currently written, add AZ to that short list, along with expanding legal gambling in other ways. "At the committee level" means it is still quite a ways from even getting to a full vote yes or no in one of the two houses of the legislature. Professional journalists who make a career of following the legislature & State gov't seem to think the chances for passage are possible but a definite underdog to become law.

States that currently have legal online poker: Delaware, New Jersey, Nevada. End of list. States that do not: all others. Fevered online poker junkies are prone to believe all sorts of weird delusional fantasies that have nothing to do with reality.

EDIT to add: Seeing unJon's reply reminded me that legislation was enacted in Pennsylvania to create legal online poker, along with other things. But my understanding is that their legislation has not yet been implemented, so there aren't actual games there at this time. So I guess I should say it amounts to about 3.5 places.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
  • Jump to: