keypunch
keypunch
  • Threads: 6
June 18th, 2014 at 10:30:55 AM permalink
Anyone ever have their account hacked at Poker Stars. I did and the explanation was that someone obtained my password by keylogging. I had my computer checked and no instances were found. Nor do I leave the password on login and I am the only one with access to my computer. Interesting to note that they were able to identify the country that did the hacking. I have no proof but I think the hacking was through Poker Stars. Any comments?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 18th, 2014 at 11:37:04 AM permalink
Quote: keypunch

Anyone ever have their account hacked at Poker Stars. I did and the explanation was that someone obtained my password by keylogging. I had my computer checked and no instances were found. Nor do I leave the password on login and I am the only one with access to my computer. Interesting to note that they were able to identify the country that did the hacking. I have no proof but I think the hacking was through Poker Stars. Any comments?

you think it was someone at pokerstars? That is highly unlikely. Possibly someone hacked into their system and stole many passwords but if that were the case we would have heard a lot of rumblings by now.

There are other ways to steal passwords other than key logging as well.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
June 18th, 2014 at 12:11:36 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Possibly someone hacked into their system and stole many passwords but if that were the case we would have heard a lot of rumblings by now.

Maybe someone hacked a completely unrelated site, stole usernames/passwords there (or bought a hackers database on that), and tried it on sites like pokerstars.
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
June 18th, 2014 at 1:21:50 PM permalink
I have never had any issues with my account at Poker Stars and have played there since almost the beginning.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
  • Jump to: