HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
February 15th, 2011 at 1:06:00 AM permalink
Does anyone know if there is an online free (play for fun, not for money) Craps game where it allows you the option to turn on your odds on come bets on come out rolls?

The wizard suggests that this is good cuz it lowers the house edge but his own online Craps game doesn't give the option to do this and I tried finding one online that does but have not had any luck.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 15th, 2011 at 11:57:05 AM permalink
I think Wincraps can be configured that way. You download it and play it on your PC, not online. I learned craps on it.

Otherwise try Bodog, there's a handy link to the right fo this screen. Or Harrah's Total Rewards site (you need to sign in and already have a TR card). Both ahve craps and allow play for fun, not sure on the working odds.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 15th, 2011 at 12:04:43 PM permalink
wincraps would be the way to go to turn the odds on and off. However, I find it oddly unsatisfying as a one roll at a time simulator. I need to see the bets get swept into my kitty or bye bye, which wincraps doesnt do visually. But it is perfect for getting thousands of trials done in seconds.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
wrongway
wrongway
  • Threads: 8
February 15th, 2011 at 5:40:36 PM permalink
Try Here http://mycrapsgame.com/. I've been using it for several years and love it.
Scotty71
Scotty71
  • Threads: 19
April 29th, 2011 at 6:20:05 PM permalink
There is a decent App for iphone to play craps on. The free version only gives 500 bankroll. Pay version will allow you to modify bankroll up to 5k. It will give you the option to let place and come bets work on the come out. You have to set up all these options in the menu. It also allows you to auto press unit/double if you want. I find it useful to test different betting strategies. Best 3.99 I ever spent.
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." — E.E. Cummings
ssjdra
ssjdra
  • Threads: 2
May 4th, 2011 at 1:42:08 PM permalink
I believe "Aw Craps" for the iphone/ipod touch allows you to turn bets on/off via the settings. Check it out, it's cheap and the best craps app I have seen on the iPhone/iPod touch.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
May 16th, 2011 at 10:33:44 AM permalink
Funny thing is, when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, I played craps and for the first time I asked for them to keep my odds working on the come-out roll, and boy, I don't know how I feel about it! I'm very anal-retentive and always like playing "by the book", but keeping my odds turned on ended up taking a big chunk out of my bankroll! Yikes, I was so uncomfortable and considered stop doing it, but again, being like I am, I wanted to play the strategies that would keep the house edge as low as possible, so I kept on. It just sucks when you're placing 3-5 times your bet on odds and to see all the numbers get cleared out all in one swoop. Talk about a kick in the stomache!

Funny, I only did it cuz I was taking the suggestion of the Wizard on his craps page. But I guess if I really want to keep the house edge as low as possible, I should start playing the Don't Pass and Don't Come bets. But that's no fun!!
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 16th, 2011 at 10:53:13 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I'm very anal-retentive and always like playing "by the book", but keeping my odds turned on ended up taking a big chunk out of my bankroll!

You may not want to exchange a very small increase in "expected value" for a large increase in variance.

It is similar to the difference in playing 10X free odds vs 100X free odds. You know your expected value goes down if you play 100X free odds, but your variance goes way up beyond the point that you are comfortable.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 16th, 2011 at 11:58:54 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Funny thing is, when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, I played craps and for the first time I asked for them to keep my odds working on the come-out roll, and boy, I don't know how I feel about it! I'm very anal-retentive and always like playing "by the book", but keeping my odds turned on ended up taking a big chunk out of my bankroll! Yikes, I was so uncomfortable and considered stop doing it, but again, being like I am, I wanted to play the strategies that would keep the house edge as low as possible, so I kept on. It just sucks when you're placing 3-5 times your bet on odds and to see all the numbers get cleared out all in one swoop. Talk about a kick in the stomache!

Funny, I only did it cuz I was taking the suggestion of the Wizard on his craps page. But I guess if I really want to keep the house edge as low as possible, I should start playing the Don't Pass and Don't Come bets. But that's no fun!!

You are not keeping the absolute house edge low... you are just keeping the per roll percentage edge lower. The absolute house edge ends up the same per come bet (1.4% of the bet). It's only relatively lower because your exposing more money on the come out roll than turning the odds off does.

Turn 'em off it makes you happy. It's only adding to your variance not your payment to the house to play. I almost always don't have my odds working on the come out roll.

It took me a while to realize that with Craps the free odds aren't actually changing my base bet edge, they just allow me to bet higher if I desire. If I want to expose $25 to the house on each roll, I can do that in a variety of ways, but the cheapest is $5 with $20 behind. But just cos there's x10 odds, I shouldn't do $5 with $50 behind. The house edge is still the same 7c on the $5 bet.

In the $25 situation about it's normally $5 with $10 behind and $6 on the 6 when the points anything but 6, and $6 on the 8 when it's 6. If I find a minnow table for $3 bets, it's $3 with $6 behind and a pair come out bets as well ($27 max on the table). Turn off the odds on the come out. Find a cocktail waitress, drink beer.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
  • Jump to: