Thread Rating:

AtGame7
AtGame7
  • Threads: 4
May 11th, 2016 at 4:23:18 PM permalink
I am normally a DP player with 2X odds and I will play for several hours but usually before I leave, the last bet I make I switch sides for one roller (I never roll) and put $100 outside and don't collect a bet until a winning toss gets me my $100 back (so, two hits on the 4/10 or 3 hits 5/9) then I walk away with whatever that hand yields, most times it's zero and I know that going in.

I'm committed to playing outside numbers so forget any other bets at this point, I'm just focusing on 4/5/9/10.

Would I walk away with money more often by placing $50 each on just two numbers? Would I be better putting $100 on a single number? Does the reduced opportunity to hit (less numbers played) justify needing less hits to leave with money?

I like this bet to end the session and want to keep doing it, I just don't know the math well enough to maximize the decision.

How would you play it?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 11th, 2016 at 4:39:56 PM permalink
If you are going to do it then I would think buying the 4 and 10 for $50 would be the way to go.

If you are going for a bif win I would collect on the first win to get even. 2nd win in would take the 100 and buy the 5 and 9. 3rd win would start pressing half the win.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
May 11th, 2016 at 6:04:42 PM permalink
Quote: AtGame7

How would you play it?

I like walking away too
more often
with money

but not that way

For Me, (Sally pretty)
One roll
on the Field
$100
and done

with a 4/9 winning probability (44.44%)

and hope a 2 or a 12 does not roll then I win too much and the shooter wants a tip
other than words

and that should be way
higher (more often) than any of your thoughts or methods
(maybe not as fun for you, but for me that is fun)
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
JoelDeze
JoelDeze
  • Threads: 49
May 12th, 2016 at 11:24:39 AM permalink
Quote: AtGame7

I am normally a DP player with 2X odds and I will play for several hours but usually before I leave, the last bet I make I switch sides for one roller (I never roll) and put $100 outside and don't collect a bet until a winning toss gets me my $100 back (so, two hits on the 4/10 or 3 hits 5/9) then I walk away with whatever that hand yields, most times it's zero and I know that going in.

I'm committed to playing outside numbers so forget any other bets at this point, I'm just focusing on 4/5/9/10.

Would I walk away with money more often by placing $50 each on just two numbers? Would I be better putting $100 on a single number? Does the reduced opportunity to hit (less numbers played) justify needing less hits to leave with money?

I like this bet to end the session and want to keep doing it, I just don't know the math well enough to maximize the decision.

How would you play it?

If you only use the 4/5/9/10 you have a 38.8% chance to hit on any roll. You only have an 8% chance to hit on either the 4 or 10 and roughly an 11% chance to hit on either the 5 and 9. If you went with just the 4/10 you have only a 16% chance to hit on any number per roll. Depending on your overall risk (50/25/25/50) or (50/50) you have either a $150 risk or a $100 risk on very little gain.

I would rather do $96 across and $5 on a horn high aces for $101 risk with an 83.3% chance to hit on any roll. You win on every number but the 7. On any horn bet you will win $11/$27/$57 depending on the roll. You press one unit on everything except the 4 and 10. You buy that to $25 the first time hit and pressure $50/$75/$100/etc. on subsequent hits. $96 across gives you $15/$15/$18/$18/$15/$15 initially.

The only extra thing I do is if I hit the horn, I sacrifice $5 of my winnings to pressure.
“It’s a dog eat dog world out there and I’m wearing milkbone underwear .” – Norm Peterson
  • Jump to: