Ozzie31
Ozzie31
  • Threads: 1
February 5th, 2016 at 7:01:15 PM permalink
After 24 years in the business, I still cant wrap my head around to the fact that when House edge is calculated odds behind is included in the math. Why does it make a difference whether it's 2,3-4-5 or 10 times if house has no win or loss possibility on this bet?
Thanx
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
February 5th, 2016 at 7:12:56 PM permalink
because the more you have bet on the bet behind, the less house edge on the overall bet.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
February 6th, 2016 at 2:14:11 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

because the more you have bet on the bet behind, the less house edge on the overall bet.

14 cents for a $10 linebet. With no odds, 5X odds, 20x odds or 100x odds. Still 14 cents.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 6th, 2016 at 3:51:29 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

14 cents for a $10 linebet. With no odds, 5X odds, 20x odds or 100x odds. Still 14 cents.

That's the EV, not the HE.

The EV changes too, in the real world. If you are comfortable with betting X amount, which includes the odds bet, and somebody convinces you not to bet that anymore, when you go back to betting only the line, you are going to bet X again. Yes, you can say 'not necessarily', but note I say "in the real world" . That, actually, probably means you start making middle table bets too, our dealers and experienced players here can verify that.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: