cyrus
cyrus
  • Threads: 7
March 25th, 2015 at 6:13:11 AM permalink
I rarely play Don't so I never really thought of this, just curious. If you are betting Don't while shooting, what is the protocol for when you must pass the dice?

It is valid to bet either side of the line while shooting, although I often see people switch to Pass when it's their turn.

Normally (Pass) you keep the dice on a come out win OR loss, only give up the dice on a seven out. But with the Don't , a seven would mean you win your bet. It seems wrong to lose your roll after you just won your personal bet. (Even if you just made everyone lose and they are giving you dirty looks)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
  • Threads: 326
March 25th, 2015 at 6:19:03 AM permalink
Your hand is over when you 7-out [but rolling craps, it continues]

doesnt matter how you bet
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
March 25th, 2015 at 6:31:34 AM permalink
The rules are exactly the same.... Must establish a point, your throw is over when you 7 out. I shoot from the don't all the time, as I learned a long time ago I "suck" at craps. It's amusing how I'll get mocked "wow, you're shooting against yourself?!?!" ...No, I'm shooting and betting on the most likely number, that's all. I really must say I do have an impressive 7-out after 2-3 numbers rate. It's funny because I've noticed superstitious craps players (so all of them) always bet hard on me because they figure I'll 'screw' myself by shooting from the don't, then I crap out in 2-3 throws. I quite often will warn people about how bad I am and how I 'usually' 7 out. Also funny enough, after 2 rounds of me shooting, and 7-out each time, I see a lot of believers start betting the don't on me =p. Then we all win!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: