2 votes (18.18%)
8 votes (72.72%)
1 vote (9.09%)

11 members have voted

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
November 5th, 2012 at 10:57:57 AM permalink
You are the Pitboss. A player with a "bionic" arm walks up to your Craps table and wants to buy in. His arm has been completely replaced by a device that can set the dice, pick them up, and toss them via controls wired to the nerves in his shoulder. You suspect the mechanism has a very high degree of precision.

Do you allow him to shoot?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
November 5th, 2012 at 11:14:33 AM permalink
Other: put him on the payroll and do underground word-of-mouth advertising to get the big money betting on him .. and WHOOPS!
aahigh.com
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 5th, 2012 at 11:19:41 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

You are the Pitboss. A player with a "bionic" arm walks up to your Craps table and wants to buy in. His arm has been completely replaced by a device that can set the dice, pick them up, and toss them via controls wired to the nerves in his shoulder. You suspect the mechanism has a very high degree of precision.

Do you allow him to shoot?

Since i know that there isn't and will not be such a device that can actually influence dice in a way as to overcome the house edge I will encourage that player, just like I would any player. If I enetered the fantasyland and found a make believe arm that can make the dice land in a controllable non random way, then, as Dan says, I'd 86 the arm!
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
November 5th, 2012 at 11:24:59 AM permalink
I think "bionic arm dude" can make more money as a starting pitcher for the Yankees instead of shooting dice. Hell, with a bionic arm, a fastball of 120mph should be well within reach. Coupled with a off-speed slider and nasty curve, and "bionic arm dude" cannot be hit, ever.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 5th, 2012 at 11:31:17 AM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

I think "bionic arm dude" can make more money as a starting pitcher for the Yankees instead of shooting dice. Hell, with a bionic arm, a fastball of 120mph should be well within reach. Coupled with a off-speed slider and nasty curve, and "bionic arm dude" cannot be hit, ever.

Just make sure that pitcher does not have a " heart" . Twilight Zone viewers will understand !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
  • Jump to: