Hollywood06
Hollywood06
  • Threads: 19
February 5th, 2010 at 1:28:38 PM permalink
Recently posted on richard harveys books "blackjack:the smart way" and "cutting edge blackjack" which made me start to wondering......are their advanced basic strategys in blackjack that i am unaware of, or is basic startegy just basic strategy, what you see is what you get?

also, can anyone offer recommendations for advanced blackjack books for me?

not saying im a professional, im just saying that i know both basic strategies
(stand on all 17 and hit soft 17)and im counting cards using red 7 and can convert my card counting system to advanced red 7 with true count conversion if need be.....

so whats the next step, in blackjack past solid basic strategy and card counting?

and dont say level 3 card counting systems, im not interested in making blackjack a profession
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 5th, 2010 at 2:31:23 PM permalink
There are lots of other advantage plays in blackjack. Hole carding is well covered in 'Beyond Counting -- Exhibit CAA.' There are various ways of shuffle tracking, like memorizing sequences of cards, ace locations, and areas in the shoe rich in good cards. 'Blackbelt in Blackjack' has a chapter on that topic. I'm not strong in either of those topics, perhaps someone else could offer better advice.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: