Ryanrin
Ryanrin
  • Threads: 1
October 11th, 2021 at 7:39:21 AM permalink
After reading the Pro's guide to Spanish21 and Australian pontoon , i have some questions of redouble strategy as below:
If my first two cards are 3,8 v.s dealer 8 , unfortunately after doubled then I draw a 4 become stiff 15.
The basic strategy is surrender , cause the rule limits my options to stand, surrender, and double again.

If the rule allows me to give up half of my double bet,and have option to Hit.Double and Stand
Thus , if is it best decision to forfeit double bet then Hit with Hard 15 v.s 8 ?
Or don't decide to give up half of the double bet just hit Hard 15 v.s 8
Base on this rule , redoubling is allowed and the player has already doubled
allows player to ,hit ,double , or forfeit 2nd/3rd double bet respectively
how many edge can be improved from this rule ?
parkhyunjeong03
parkhyunjeong03
  • Threads: 0
October 14th, 2021 at 7:14:02 PM permalink
That depends on how you deal with it but sometimes they all work the same so you need to understand that point from now on since there is still a lot of job to do when it comes to doing a great deal of work. You all know how that works for me and you.
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
December 14th, 2021 at 1:01:04 AM permalink
Quote: Ryanrin

After reading the Pro's guide to Spanish21 and Australian pontoon , i have some questions of redouble strategy as below:
If my first two cards are 3,8 v.s dealer 8 , unfortunately after doubled then I draw a 4 become stiff 15.
The basic strategy is surrender , cause the rule limits my options to stand, surrender, and double again.

If the rule allows me to give up half of my double bet,and have option to Hit.Double and Stand
Thus , if is it best decision to forfeit double bet then Hit with Hard 15 v.s 8 ?
Or don't decide to give up half of the double bet just hit Hard 15 v.s 8
Base on this rule , redoubling is allowed and the player has already doubled
allows player to ,hit ,double , or forfeit 2nd/3rd double bet respectively
how many edge can be improved from this rule ?
link to original post

Hi and welcome to WoV,

If I understand what you are saying correctly and if you played using a "new basic strategy*** ", these rules/options would increase the player advantage by about 32% for that starting hand (3,8 vs dealer 8).

***: See strategy below

1) Double all 11s vs dealer 8s (eg "8,3 vs dealer 8")

2 a) If after doubling, the next player card is an Ace to 5, then give-up half the bet and hit.
2 b) If after doubling, the next player card is a 6, then give-up half the bet and stand.
2 c) If after doubling, the next player card is 7 to 10^^^, then keep the whole "doubled bet" and stand .

^^^: If it is a "Spanish 21" like game, then you should have been paid straight away, once you reach a total of 21.

Note 1: For your specific question, the best choice would be "2 a)" above.
Note 2: I used 6 Spanish decks to work the above "advantage increase" estimate.
Note 3: It would probably be a similar "advantage increase " for any "doubled 11 vs dealer 8", but I haven't checked.

-----
I don't think this is a real game (unless there are some "negative rules" for the player that you haven't mentioned). But, if you PM (private message) me some proof, then I may do some more work on it.
  • Jump to: