Ibelievejesus
Ibelievejesus
  • Threads: 1
December 11th, 2016 at 8:16:23 PM permalink
I would like to know the strategy and winning edge for the following rules for double-exposure blackjack. Please help me find where I can find this info.
6 decks.
Dealer hits soft 17.
Double- down on any two cards and double down on any THREE cards.
After splitting, can double on any two cards and any three cards, except cannot double after splitting aces and cannot split 10's.
Can split up to 4 times, except cannot split 10's and can split aces only once.
Dealer wins all pushes.
Dealer wins blackjack ties.
Dealer pushes (and does not take player's money) if dealer has 6-card 21, regardless of player total, except if player busts.
Blackjack pays even money.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
December 12th, 2016 at 7:47:22 AM permalink
The not allowed to split 10s rule is a killer in this game
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 244
December 12th, 2016 at 9:08:02 AM permalink
Best strategy is to avoid the game. Horrible rules.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Ibelievejesus
Ibelievejesus
  • Threads: 1
December 12th, 2016 at 1:31:27 PM permalink
The wizard of odds website has an excellent discussion, including effects on house edge of some rules variations. However the advantage of doubling on three cards and disadvantage of not splitting 10's are not discussed. The stated rules appear to be near break even. There are other promotions that make the game very profitable. So I would like to know the correct strategy and house edge. Does anyone know where I can obtain this info?
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
December 12th, 2016 at 1:51:06 PM permalink
edit: doubling on 3 cards isn't going to be worth "as much" as you may think. Dealer winning blackjacks and not being able to split 10's (to dealer 12-16) hurts, a lot. It'll be tough to get someone else to do a deep dive mathematical analysis, for you, when it doesn't appear to be a very good game to start.

For basic strategy you can visit the Wizard's double exposure page: https://wizardofodds.com/games/double-exposure/
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: