2 votes (14.28%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (7.14%)

14 members have voted

BW21
BW21
  • Threads: 16
June 8th, 2016 at 10:34:54 AM permalink
I am curious to hear some estimates of the number of life time blackjack hands played by some members? I have personally only counted cards for about 20000 hands in about two years.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 8th, 2016 at 11:48:24 AM permalink
Interesting question. I tend to sit out negative counts as much as possible so Ill guess I play about 40 hands an hour. Perhaps 200 hours a year for ten years and 40 a year the last three. Now that I live here, Ill guess 500 hours going forward.
All told, I'm probably just short of 100,000..
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
June 8th, 2016 at 11:50:31 AM permalink
bill, if you sit out negative counts but you're still counting those count as hands per hour... You ARE playing at TC -5, just with a 0 bet. All of the hands you actually see/count go towards your total hand count.

This also holds true for people who back count and wong in. If they back count an entirely negative shoe, they still saw the X hands from that shoe, just with a 0 bet so it didn't cost them money. Back counting (just like sitting out and still counting) is more hands seen/accounted for.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 8th, 2016 at 2:19:32 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

bill, if you sit out negative counts but you're still counting those count as hands per hour... You ARE playing at TC -5, just with a 0 bet. All of the hands you actually see/count go towards your total hand count.

This also holds true for people who back count and wong in. If they back count an entirely negative shoe, they still saw the X hands from that shoe, just with a 0 bet so it didn't cost them money. Back counting (just like sitting out and still counting) is more hands seen/accounted for.

You may count hands that haven't been dealt to you, nor that you risked money on, as having 'played' them. I would not. If the question was how many hands have you played, and also add how many hands were you at a table and not played, then your answer would be correct. By the way, since I assume you many times play more than one hand at a time, when you are not actually playing how do you decide if you should count that as one or two or three hands you have played?
billryan
billryan
June 8th, 2016 at 3:45:07 PM permalink

You are not the first person to tell me that. I am not sure what difference it makes. They felt It did make one.
Perhaps you can explain it better than he did.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
June 9th, 2016 at 7:21:49 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You may count hands that haven't been dealt to you, nor that you risked money on, as having 'played' them. I would not. If the question was how many hands have you played, and also add how many hands were you at a table and not played, then your answer would be correct. By the way, since I assume you many times play more than one hand at a time, when you are not actually playing how do you decide if you should count that as one or two or three hands you have played?

How many hands would you be playing in a TC -2, TC -3, TC -4? Certainly never more than one =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
June 9th, 2016 at 8:59:09 AM permalink
I've probably played about 90,000 hands of blackjack at the tables and more than 90,000 hands of practice. Just the other day I was practicing blackjack with a single deck and on one round I delt out two aces for the "dealer" and two for me. Play this game long enough and you'll see everything--twice.

I've put about $2,500,000 across the blackjack tables.
Last edited by: Greasyjohn on Jun 9, 2016
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 9th, 2016 at 9:05:48 AM permalink

How many hands would you be playing in a TC -2, TC -3, TC -4? Certainly never more than one =).

Touche!! I think you were looking at the OP question from an "AP" viewpoint... I think it was meant more as a simple question as to just get a flavor from the forum.
billryan
billryan
June 9th, 2016 at 9:52:52 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

You are not the first person to tell me that. I am not sure what difference it makes. They felt It did make one.
Perhaps you can explain it better than he did.

Okay, I understand what you are saying. I play mostly double deck so when I get up to smoke, I always sit out the rest of the shoe.
Were I to keep counting and return in the same shoe, it would matter.
Stealth
Stealth
  • Threads: 2
June 29th, 2016 at 10:38:09 AM permalink
From my playing records I have the following since becoming an AP. DD play was as individual and BP play was as team member. Rounds does not equate to hands played as most of the rounds (>90%) were at 2 spots. Average bet was total bet per round.

GAME Rounds Avg Bet Action
DD 55,000 92 5,060,000
BP 6,500 477 3,100,500

TOTAL 61,500 8,160,500

There is an additional large number of rounds prior to becoming an AP that would move this total to over 100K.
Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!
  • Jump to: