Mountie1
Mountie1
  • Threads: 1
July 7th, 2014 at 6:52:14 AM permalink
I have recently started playing a new variation of blackjack called "Double Up Blackjack"

Here are the variations.

1. You can double your bet on your original two cards at any time. Called double up. Ex. I have 20, dealer showing 6. I can simply double my bet only after my first 2 cards are dealt.
> 2. If the dealer ties, they win the double up wager but you push the original wager.
> 3. To offset this player advantage, If dealer hits 16 at any time the game ends and everyone pushes.
> 4. You can double up after any split, so splitting aces is ideal as you can double your bet on 21 after a split.
>
> My gut tells me to double up on any twenty even vs a face card and I think it might actually be appropriate to split 20 against a bust card because of the ability to double up on both hands.
>
> I can't find odds anywhere for this new game but would like a mathematician to figure out how to play each hand. The game developers claim the house edge is very slightly better than basic blackjack, but that would assume the average player would know exactly how to play.
>
> Is this something you would be willing to help me with?
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
July 7th, 2014 at 7:11:26 AM permalink
One important rule question... does the Dealer Hit a Soft 17 (A6, A33, A24, etc) ?
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Mountie1
Mountie1
  • Threads: 1
July 7th, 2014 at 7:26:43 AM permalink
No, everything else is standard blackjack rules, so dealer stands on soft 17.

One last tid bit...although the game ends if dealer gets 16 and everyone pushes, they still pay out a made 21 in any form.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
July 11th, 2014 at 6:45:57 AM permalink
Where is this game being spread?
  • Jump to: