Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
June 11th, 2012 at 2:41:17 PM permalink
I was messing around for play money on Microgaming (can't play it in US). I saw a game called Hot Streak where there is a side bet that was fun to play. You bet that you will win 2-5 hands in a row. If a hand pushes, including a split where you win one and lose one, the side bet pushes too. Here is the payout:

2 wins in a row 2-1
3 in a row 3-1
4 in a row 4-1
5 in a row - 10-1

After you win 5 in a row, the bet is returned. Your bet wins each bet is it moves up so if you won 4 in a row you would get paid 9-1 total, 5 in a row 19-1 and receive the bet back.

I figure the HA is outrageous here. What is it? There are far better math experts here than I am. Thanks in advance.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
June 11th, 2012 at 2:50:57 PM permalink
A little more information is needed.
First, I assume you are playing blackjack?

If you make the side bet, and the first hand is a push, what happens?
How about if the first hand is a win and the second is a push?

If, say, you win two bets in a row, and the third bet is a push, do you get 2-1 for your two wins and your original bet is given back to you as a push for the third, or does the bet continue (so, for example, if you have win-win-push-win, does the third win pay 4-1)?

If you win two bets in a row and then lose, is it 2-1 for the second win but you lose your original bet on the loss and that particular side bet ends?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
June 11th, 2012 at 3:10:35 PM permalink
Not exactly the same rules, but have a look at my analysis of the Streak side bet for blackjack.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: