Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
November 10th, 2023 at 1:24:28 PM permalink
Another incident at the supermarket. Was loading the car with a couple bags, rear open, suppose I looked like the perfect mark because of my car and the way I was dressed, when a young lady, maybe in her low thirties pulled right up to me in a Mercedes SUV (not a new one, but not a beat up one either), with a child in the passenger seat.

"I just got here from California this morning and I lost my purse and was wondering if you could help me...."

The story went on a little bit, but I cut her off pretty quickly with a "I can't help you, sorry." She drove right off without another word.

I actually don't have a problem with helping the down and out but hers was such an obvious scam.

As they drove off I felt for the child - she had looked straight at me with a look that helped move the story along. Straight out of "Paper Moon."

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
November 10th, 2023 at 1:59:19 PM permalink
That's the exact line I use to shut down scam pitches.

Glad to hear it works for you, too.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
November 10th, 2023 at 2:02:23 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I’m not sure what value Mental’s analysis of the actual amounts of MDawg’s individual session win claims is. If I posted my results, BY FAR the most common result would be up a few dollars. If down $30, and it’s time to go, I’ll bet $35. If I lose that $70, if that $145. If I lose that going home down my $300 buy in.
If up $100ish I’ll play but stop on a losing streak up some negligible amount. So my session results might look like this…. Up $6, down $300, up $350, up $7, down $280, down $290, up$380, up$1, up $8. How would ANY mathematical analysis assort a likelihood of me making the results ip without knowing my ‘betting session motive’?
link to original post

If the histogram of your reported results looked hinky, but the statistical properties that made it look suspicious stayed the same for every subinterval over the last several years, then I would say you are one very strange gambler. Not only do you deliberately modify the probability distribution of your results from a gaussian by your behavior, but you are extremely rigid about your session rules. Whether you are on winning streak or a losing streak, you just plug away with your session rules. You never change your average session length, bet sizes, loss limits, win goals. It would seem you are following a system, not a method.

I am not trying to convince anyone, but I have seen enough to form an opinion.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 10th, 2023 at 2:11:12 PM permalink
Quote: Mental

I’m not sure what value Mental’s analysis of the actual amounts of MDawg’s individual session win claims is. If I posted my results, BY FAR the most common result would be up a few dollars. If down $30, and it’s time to go, I’ll bet $35. If I lose that $70, if that $145. If I lose that going home down my $300 buy in.
If up $100ish I’ll play but stop on a losing streak up some negligible amount. So my session results might look like this…. Up $6, down $300, up $350, up $7, down $280, down $290, up$380, up$1, up $8. How would ANY mathematical analysis assort a likelihood of me making the results ip without knowing my ‘betting session motive’?
link to original post

If the histogram of your reported results looked hinky, but the statistical properties that made it look suspicious stayed the same for every subinterval over the last several years, then I would say you are one very strange gambler. Not only do you deliberately modify the probability distribution of your results from a gaussian by your behavior, but you are extremely rigid about your session rules. Whether you are on winning streak or a losing streak, you just plug away with your session rules. You never change your average session length, bet sizes, loss limits, win goals. It would seem you are following a system, not a method.

I am not trying to convince anyone, but I have seen enough to form an opinion.
link to original post

You are correct! My main goal is to not lose $X before I’ve played at least Y hours. Usually X is $300 and Y is 3 hours. Secondary goal is to be a ‘winner’, even if it is just a few dollars. Winning streak or losing streak barely affects my play. On a heater I may increase my bet to $30 or $35. Losing streak keep plugging away at $25. Average session length is rarely determined by ‘gambling factors’, more, do I have any places to stop on the way home, when is dinner, etc…. I do have a loss limit, usually $300.

My point is I’m not expecting that my method or system will result in a winning endgame. (Except including dealer errors….)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 10th, 2023 at 4:39:21 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

The best cut off line of all time has to be 'I already gave at the office.'
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 10th, 2023 at 4:42:04 PM permalink

Secondary goal is to be a ‘winner’,
link to original post

And that's why you'll always be a loser. My primary goal is always 100% of the time to be a winner or don't play. So I found a way to win every session. But you're already a loser before you start because that's your attitude. Congratulations!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 10th, 2023 at 5:08:06 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

link to original post

The best cut off line of all time has to be 'I already gave at the office.'
link to original post

That line feels funnier, but I've found it to be less effective.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
November 10th, 2023 at 7:27:09 PM permalink

link to original post

And that's why you'll always be a loser. My primary goal is always 100% of the time to be a winner or don't play. So I found a way to win every session. But you're already a loser before you start because that's your attitude. Congratulations!
link to original post

Geez Bob. Calling me a loser in plain daylight! I know it’s a complicated concept for you, but my Pai Gow play is a social outing for me. I’m certainly up lifetime, and I’ve chronicled how in many posts. Not a lot for sure. But even if I’m down I go to socialize with my friends. I do make a small amount each trip on some slot/VP plays, but the dollar amounts are so small I barely mention them anymore.

But I guess time for my summary. EB does not win at roulette. He never has. He has backed out of any attempt to show he wins at roulette…. because…. HE DOESN’T. He has not won 40 ‘EvenBob bets’ in a row. He does not, nor ever has, had an 80% hit rate. He has never paid any bills with roulette winnings.
He has made literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of delusional posts over the last decade plus. He does own cats.

NO ONE believes you, EB. The owner has decided to allow your patently stupid posts to proliferate here. And he allows me to point them out. So…. carry on.
MDawg
MDawg
November 10th, 2023 at 9:18:13 PM permalink
Day 39 play

Was actually as far down as I was up but ended fine.

+6000

Note: Lately, for security reasons, session reports are not necessarily presented in real time corresponding directly to the day played.

And this is the MDawg challenge.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
  • Threads: 27
November 11th, 2023 at 3:38:04 AM permalink
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
November 11th, 2023 at 3:38:08 AM permalink

link to original post

When I lived in a touristy east coast town, I would reverse uno card people asking for money "Oh crap man I was about to ask YOU for some money! I just lost my wallet!" or something more ridiculous if I felt safe enough to do it. So many people would laugh it off and move on to the next mark.

Did someone do as I suggested a while back to make a spreadsheet of all of Mdawg's winnings/losings for a loose Win/Loss statement? Cuz I'd love to see the numbers.
Last edited by: ChallengedMilly on Nov 11, 2023
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
November 11th, 2023 at 6:41:41 AM permalink
Maybe I missed it, but are you going to be in Vegas for F1?
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
AxelWolf
November 11th, 2023 at 9:03:02 AM permalink

And that's why you'll always be a loser.
link to original post

Geez Bob. Calling me a loser in plain daylight!
link to original post

Sounds like a personal insult to me...
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 11th, 2023 at 9:47:25 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

link to original post

Do you know how to read things in context? He said he was a winner and I said he was a loser. Totally different meaning.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 11th, 2023 at 10:51:22 AM permalink

link to original post

Do you know how to read things in context? He said he was a winner and I said he was a loser. Totally different meaning.
link to original post

Yeah, I got the context and it's still insulting. You have no idea how successful overall he is at gambling, and you still said he will "always be a loser." That's an insult to his skills.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 11th, 2023 at 3:50:09 PM permalink

Yeah, I got the context and it's still insulting. You have no idea how successful overall he is at gambling, and you still said he will "always be a loser." That's an insult to his skills.
link to original post

You must like to eat Taffy, you sure like to stretcccchh things till they break..
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 12th, 2023 at 2:18:24 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

3 days. Yes, that's a personal insult.
Sorry to be slow on the draw here.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 12th, 2023 at 4:51:31 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

3 days. Yes, that's a personal insult.
Sorry to be slow on the draw here.
link to original post

Damn. EB finally reveals his success's secret and gets slapped for it. It's all about attitude. Think you are a loser and you will be. All you have to do is decide you will win 100 percent of the time. My nephew discovered this at around eight years old playing poker. He only counted his wins. The rest were practice hands.
Who'd have suspected such a simple solution from such a complicated man.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MDawg
MDawg
November 12th, 2023 at 11:02:18 AM permalink

link to original post

As it turns out, yes. Hadn't planned on staying as I have some work to attend to in Southern Cal, but will jet in and back to handle and I also got a suite for the entire F1 weekend, actually for much longer than that but the critical days are over F1 weekend. I was surprised I got it as I asked last minute, but then again, I am the Pope of Las Vegas.
MDawg
MDawg
November 12th, 2023 at 11:03:29 AM permalink
Day 40 play

Baccarat

Pretty heavy hitting.

+11000

Note: Lately, for security reasons, session reports are not necessarily presented in real time corresponding directly to the day played.

MDawg
MDawg
November 12th, 2023 at 11:05:21 AM permalink
Recently I had a very big bet where I expected an 8 and I got that 8 but the other side got an 8 too, and a face card! Luckily, I also got an ace.

Only thing better than a big winning 9 over 8 hand, is a table limit 9 over 8 hand. Or better still, a special limits 9 over 8 win. 🏅
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
November 12th, 2023 at 11:17:22 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

link to original post

As it turns out, yes. Hadn't planned on staying as I have some work to attend to in Southern Cal, but will jet in and back to handle and I also got a suite for the entire F1 weekend, actually for much longer than that but the critical days are over F1 weekend. I was surprised I got it as I asked last minute, but then again, I am the Pope of Las Vegas.
link to original post

Are you going to watch race from your suite? Or go to a party? I’ve been to one NASCAR race and liked the ‘crowd’ experience. I’m not sure if I’d be interested in watching this race from a suite.
MDawg
MDawg
November 13th, 2023 at 9:30:28 AM permalink
Haven't decided quite yet exactly how will view the race.
MDawg
MDawg
November 13th, 2023 at 9:31:00 AM permalink
Day 41 play

Baccarat

Wasn’t even betting very high. Just, won most hands.

+21000

MDawg
MDawg
November 13th, 2023 at 9:52:12 AM permalink
As F1 weekend approaches, traffic towards the Strip is getting pretty bad, and will get worse as parts of Flamingo will be closed starting on the 15th.

Flamingo east towards the Strip,

it moves, but slowly.

Flamingo west towards the Strip,

is even worse. They have actually built a ramp over Koval for two westbound Flamingo lanes.

MDawg
MDawg
November 13th, 2023 at 9:53:48 AM permalink
Middle of the night activity by the Venetian F1 stands, Ryder truck rentals being used?

MDawg
MDawg
November 14th, 2023 at 1:29:44 AM permalink
Concours d’Elegance Show 2023, Las Vegas

This year there was only a VIP section for food – so anyone else went dry.

There was a Sotheby’s section with cars about to go to auction, they were expecting around $450K for this one.

I’d be surprised though, I have two similar Mercedes I doubt I’d get that much for either of mine.

This is a racing Duesenberg, a rarity

McLaren

Dune Buggy

This Auburn was found in a field rusted out, was nothing more than a frame everything else was gone, took two decades to restore. I can relate, I’ve restored more than a couple of classic cars.

The reason cars like the Auburn looked like a boat (“boat tail”) is that back then they didn’t have models with which to base automobiles – so some followed boat design.

The new electric Rolls coupe

Last edited by: MDawg on Nov 14, 2023
MDawg
MDawg
November 14th, 2023 at 1:44:36 AM permalink
Here are two more cars Sotheby's is offering for auction, pretty unique Mercedes.

Feast your eyes upon this $10,000,000 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
Last edited by: MDawg on Nov 14, 2023
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 14th, 2023 at 6:09:33 AM permalink
That purple McLaren and that last Mercedes are hideous. I can't imagine spending so much money on such an ugly car.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
November 14th, 2023 at 8:01:49 AM permalink
Car ‘love’ is interesting. Some have it (my wife). Some don’t (me). I just want safe, comfortable, and reliable.
MDawg
MDawg
November 14th, 2023 at 8:46:27 AM permalink
So does she know what's wrong with your cars when they act up and you have to go to the mechanic to begin to find out?

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 14th, 2023 at 1:42:05 PM permalink

Car ‘love’ is interesting. Some have it (my wife). Some don’t (me). I just want safe, comfortable, and reliable.
link to original post

I am probably more like you in that most cars don't do much for me. Don't get me wrong, I like my convertibles but I am definitely not a car guy. In those pictures posted I did not see one car that I liked. I might like their monetary value if I could cash in on it but i would not have any interest in driving those cars..
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
November 15th, 2023 at 10:07:28 AM permalink

That purple McLaren and that last Mercedes are hideous. I can't imagine spending so much money on such an ugly car.
link to original post

I actually thought about getting that color wrap for my personal car... they're not very expensive at all. It changes colors in the particular lighting you're in and imho looks kinda cool.

I got flashy tacky taste what can I say.
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
November 15th, 2023 at 10:07:30 AM permalink
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 15th, 2023 at 10:51:19 AM permalink
Quote: ChallengedMilly

link to original post

I actually thought about getting that color wrap for my personal car... they're not very expensive at all. It changes colors in the particular lighting you're in and imho looks kinda cool.

I got flashy tacky taste what can I say.
link to original post

I do think the color is ugly, but I'm actually way more offended by the actual design of the car....lol
DRich
DRich
November 15th, 2023 at 1:26:30 PM permalink
This is about the only car that I have really wanted.

MDawg
MDawg
November 15th, 2023 at 5:04:10 PM permalink
In life, don't wear a scarf when you drive your Bugatti. But do get a Bugatti.
MDawg
MDawg
November 15th, 2023 at 5:04:56 PM permalink
Day 42 play

Baccarat

Two monster sessions ending badly.

MDawg
MDawg
November 15th, 2023 at 5:05:16 PM permalink
Day 43 play

Somewhat heavy action.

+20000

MDawg
MDawg
November 15th, 2023 at 5:16:53 PM permalink
Someone, wearing a different color suit, came out of the woodwork and hovered over my Bacc table recently, watching closely.

The air was thick with monitoring.

Funny thing was, this was on the Day 42 session, when I lost. But that session did come after a monster run of repeated wins.
MDawg
MDawg
November 15th, 2023 at 7:24:15 PM permalink
Always finding money, real or not, in Vegas.

EvenBob
EvenBob
November 15th, 2023 at 7:33:19 PM permalink

Someone, wearing a different color suit, came out of the woodwork and hovered over my Bacc table recently, watching closely.

Funny thing was, this was on the Day 42 session, when I lost. But that session did come after a monster run of repeated wins.
link to original post

What do they hope to see. I would think it is very hard to cheat at Baccarat
MDawg
MDawg
November 15th, 2023 at 7:34:29 PM permalink
Last night, After Midnight, I was trying to get from one end of the Strip to the other.

Difficult.

The entire F1 track closes off the Strip between Palazzo and Cosmopolitan, and Koval between the same points. You end up having to take streets like Tropicana, Paradise, parts of Flamingo and scooting behind properties by the Linq, to get around.

It will be that way for more and more hours of the day over the next few days.

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
November 15th, 2023 at 8:10:12 PM permalink

Always finding money, real or not, in Vegas.

link to original post

My dad gave me $500 the other day and said, "here's that $500 your nephew owes you." I said, "Oh, cool!!"
I then proceeded to stuff it in my wallet. He then started to laugh. I was confused, I was like what, what's funny?
I thought perhaps I had some kind of paint or oil on my face that he just noticed.

A few seconds later he grabbed another $100 bill from his recliner chair side table and told me to look at it.
Sure enough, it was a fake $100 bill. Apparently, they were giving them out at a Halloween party for whatever reason.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MDawg
MDawg
November 16th, 2023 at 2:34:17 AM permalink

link to original post

What do they hope to see. I would think it is very hard to cheat at Baccarat
link to original post

I've observed this twice before, in two different casinos but the last time this sort of thing happened was about twenty years ago, both during monster runs.

Well actually, three times before. But on the other occasion it had to do with blackjack, and after that time that the suit(s) showed up to watch me closely, I ended up banned for a couple of years.
DRich
DRich
November 16th, 2023 at 2:16:20 PM permalink
I have a $50 Billion dollar bill at home and it is/was government approved legal currency.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 16th, 2023 at 2:42:39 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have a $50 Billion dollar bill at home and it is/was government approved legal currency.
link to original post

Zimbabwe?
DRich
DRich
November 16th, 2023 at 3:07:52 PM permalink

Quote: DRich

link to original post

Zimbabwe?
link to original post

Yes
MDawg
MDawg
November 16th, 2023 at 7:21:10 PM permalink
What about German currency in the early 1920s?

When the 1,000-billion Mark note came out, almost no one bothered to collect the change when spending it. By November 1923, one US dollar equaled one trillion Marks. The currency had lost meaning.
MDawg
MDawg
November 16th, 2023 at 7:22:02 PM permalink
It's happening, F1 is underway in just an hour.
  • Jump to: