Thread Rating:

VegasGrind
VegasGrind
  • Threads: 1
July 24th, 2020 at 9:58:55 AM permalink
Hi Guys: My new system, [redacted] is now fully developed and tested on over 1500 shoes. This system is for the us Grinders, the people who make a living in the slow lane, carving out wins on a consistent basis. So if you are looking to make money on a full or part time basis, this could be the system to change your life! If anyone is interested, please check out the "redacted" on Youtube or go to Thanks, Clay Hart, Systems Developer, Vegas Grind
Last edited by: OnceDear on Jul 24, 2020
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 24th, 2020 at 10:06:28 AM permalink
1500 shoes? Come back when you've proven it over a million shoes.
I suppose it is possible you have developed a system that the greatest minds have overlooked, but it will take more than 1500 shoes to prove it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 24th, 2020 at 10:12:57 AM permalink
While money management is extremely important regarding long-term play (and one area most players neglect) it sounds like you are using the term "money management" to replace "betting system" and no betting system alone can overcome -EV play.
VegasGrind
VegasGrind
  • Threads: 1
July 24th, 2020 at 10:16:59 AM permalink
Hmmm, so for a system to work one must Test on a million shoes??? So untrue but hey i get it, are you so positive nothing works? Are you here for the long run because that’s what you’re talking about however, none of us are here for the long run! Therefore, I believe your point os moot!
billryan
billryan
July 24th, 2020 at 10:36:28 AM permalink
Quote: VegasGrind

Hmmm, so for a system to work one must Test on a million shoes??? So untrue but hey i get it, are you so positive nothing works? Are you here for the long run because that’s what you’re talking about however, none of us are here for the long run! Therefore, I believe your point os moot!

Produce a system that is proven to work over a million shoes and you can name your price for it.
Am I positive nothing works? No, but I'm pretty confident you have not found one that works.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
July 24th, 2020 at 10:45:05 AM permalink
Can't speak for anyone else but I'm pretty sure if I had such a system I wouldn't be selling it on the internet for $5 a lesson. Ed Thorpe created a winning system and had no problem getting six figures from sponsors in the early 1960s.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 24th, 2020 at 10:59:48 AM permalink
Earlier today, this member VegasGrind asked me where he could talk about his system and I directed him to this subforum, where we would be happy to analyse/dissect/criticise it constructively. I did not realise that he aspired to advertise his system for sale. I should have done.

Here's rule 10
Betting systems: Methods of varying bet size, based on previous wins and losses, not only can't overcome the house edge, they can't even dent it. However, if you're one of the many mathematically ignorant gamblers who think adding up negative numbers can result in a positive one, please keep your comments restricted to the betting systems sty. Betting systems may not be offered for sale anywhere on the site.

Now. I'm going to take some blame for implicitly authorising him to funnel members from his post through youtube and onward to his website where he aspires to SELL his system as a series of lessons at 5 bucks a time.

So. I'll make clear. System selling is not permitted here. Linking in convoluted ways to a site with the sole intention of system selling is not acceptable. Since that's what he's doing, I'm going to redact his references to his youtube channel and lock and hide this thread.

I'll then discuss this with wizard for his opinions.

Sorry folks.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
July 24th, 2020 at 1:50:21 PM permalink
Let me step in. VegasGrind did kindly ask if he could talk about his betting system and OD said there was no rule against discussion of betting systems, but there is a rule against selling them. While you do have to go through his video and then his web site to know -- he is indeed selling it.

Normally I would throw down a nuke without a second thought, but I hate to go back on an invitation OD extended. However, I will vigorously enforce the rule against system selling. If I see anything directly people to his videos or web site, it will be an instant nuke. This rule against system selling also applies to Private Messages and we're not above using spies to enforce it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
July 24th, 2020 at 1:52:01 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm pretty sure if I had such a system I wouldn't be selling it on the internet for $5 a lesson. Ed Thorpe created a winning system and had no problem getting six figures from sponsors in the early 1960s.

I wouldn't call card counting a "system," but rather a strategy.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: