ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 22
June 8th, 2017 at 8:14:30 AM permalink
Quote: Skeptic

"Its still bringing in 1.5 billion a quarter though? "

Umm yeah, but with $800 million in costs of goods sold plus another $990 million in operating expenses for the quarter leaves...

... a $35 million loss for the quarter.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1498301/000149830117000015/asna10q-q2fy17.htm

Well 1.5 billion was an estimate. They had 6.9 billion in revenue last year so its more around 1.75 billion. They also will be cutting capex by about 250 million and also closing stores. Analysts and management still expect a positive EPS. They have lots of free cash flow and operating cash flow. They just got to make some adjustments.

Either way I'm going to just try and flip it anyway for hopefully a good gain as I know this will bounce back up once this retail environment negativity scales off a bit. Fundamentally its still worth a lot more than 1.80 a share even with declining sales and a tough retail environment. Book value is over 9 a share. The negativity around the stock is the debt they took to acquire Ann taylor but I already discussed why that won't be a problem. They won't be going bankrupt anytime soon so should still be good for a good flip, but long term it could still rise even higher based off its fundamentals.
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF >
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
June 9th, 2017 at 12:43:54 PM permalink
ASNA price check anyone? My computer seems to be having trouble loading up the page.... *cough cough*
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 31
June 9th, 2017 at 3:50:03 PM permalink
Zenking screamed about a Useless university education in business. Now he is using what he learned at university trying to make a buck. Or doubling his bucks
I found him erratic at best on his other posts.
It seems to me zk is a all or nothing person. No in between. Either he is your friend or he is your worst enemy.
Asna might have a dead cat bounce due to short covering. Long term prospect is bleak.
If the stock is still around 1.2 at the beginning of July. I might throw in 2-3k to GAMBLE. Don't we all in a Vegas site.
Good luck to him and me and all of us.
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
June 13th, 2017 at 7:57:55 AM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Zenking screamed about a Useless university education in business. Now he is using what he learned at university trying to make a buck. Or doubling his bucks
I found him erratic at best on his other posts.
It seems to me zk is a all or nothing person. No in between. Either he is your friend or he is your worst enemy.
Asna might have a dead cat bounce due to short covering. Long term prospect is bleak.
If the stock is still around 1.2 at the beginning of July. I might throw in 2-3k to GAMBLE. Don't we all in a Vegas site.
Good luck to him and me and all of us.

ASNA price check anyone? LOL. Listen to the king
Skeptic
Skeptic
  • Threads: 3
June 19th, 2017 at 9:35:40 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

ASNA price check anyone? LOL. Listen to the king

You made that post when ASNA was at $2.58. Anyone buying then is already down 20%. Barely holding $2 now. Looks like it'll be below your initial buy recommendation this week.

Let me guess, you miraculously sold at the very top.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 52
June 19th, 2017 at 2:57:08 PM permalink
He did say he intended to flip it. Hopefully he did.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way

• Jump to: