mamat
mamat
  • Threads: 2
February 20th, 2017 at 5:48:38 AM permalink
Food poisoning at Mirage Buffet (very later before close). Projectile **everything** afterwards (one of 4 food poisoning events, including very famous Barcelona farmers' market).

Excalibur buffet...ugh.

I've since learned to be very picky about buffets. When in doubt, don't take the food. Or take it, smell it, and pass....
Some pretty poor buffets have a few very good (or half decent items).
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 262
February 20th, 2017 at 10:06:05 AM permalink
Food poisoning (stumbling down memory lane): what a "memorable" experience, simultaneously voiding from both top and bottom, perched on a toilet while holding a plastic garbage can.

Oh, what a feeling.
"What, me worry?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 204
February 20th, 2017 at 5:52:15 PM permalink
I realize all this is unpleasant but bad things can happen in any sort of food handling be it buffet style or not. You save money at a buffet, you get variety, options, temptations ... but you also get food out there exposed for a time and often 'seeded' with leftovers. (A new tray of 'x' comes out and they add some of the old 'x' to it, thus innoculating the new batch with accumulate bacteria).

The trouble is that this stuff happens in all restaurants. Watch an episode of Bar Rescue or some such restaurants from hell program.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 80
February 21st, 2017 at 1:56:38 AM permalink
I'm gonna try the ACD buffet sometime. You guys wanna start the medical expenses fund now?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 177
February 21st, 2017 at 10:37:57 AM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Worst buffet in LV IMO was the old IP buffet...

Agreed ! We ate there once ~10 years ago.

The most disappointing buffet I have had in the past couple of years was at MONTE CARLO.

I think I ate at the ARIZONA CHARLIE's DECATUR buffet about 10 years ago, and I don't remember it being that bad. It might be now.

I thought GOLD COAST was ok, but Mrs. Q hated it.

Someone posted that they didn't like PLANET HOLLYWOOD, but I have always enjoyed it.

Once upon a time, and I'm talking ~15 or 20 years ago, TERRIBLE's actually had a pretty good breakfast buffet with made to order omelettes that I looked forward to. But we haven't been back there in years.
Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Feb 21, 2017
The slyest rhymes, the sharpest suits; In miracles made real; Like a bird in flight on a hot sweet night; You know you're right just to hold her tight; He soothes it right, makes it out of sight; And every thing's good in the world tonight. Ladies and Gentlemen, he knows the ABC's of gaming inside and out and upside down, so please put your hands together for the Wizard of Vegas !
zippyboy
zippyboy
February 21st, 2017 at 9:44:28 PM permalink
I want to revise my answer to the Riviera. Ate there once about 7 years ago, and they committed so many avoidable errors that I can't even remember them all. It was a Sunday brunch and they didn't have syrup for the self-make waffles, or milk for cereal, no tiny spoons for the tiny frozen-then-thawed dessert shot glasses and stuff like that. Normal spoons didn't fit. Just terrible.

IP was guilty of having canned green beans on the breakfast buffet as I recall, and other leftover crap from night before.

Hey, I know they ALL can't be Caesars Bacchanal! That gets my vote for best buffet.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
StevenHowdin
StevenHowdin
  • Threads: 0
February 22nd, 2017 at 4:11:50 AM permalink
Haha this is good to know... I'm heading to Vegas in the next few weeks! Out of interest, where's the best buffet?
Fun loving bloke, absolutely love music and going to Ibiza. Girls, banter... love it!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 62
February 22nd, 2017 at 6:54:07 AM permalink
Quote: StevenHowdin

Haha this is good to know... I'm heading to Vegas in the next few weeks! Out of interest, where's the best buffet?

Best quality is probably thw Wynn Jazz Brunch buffet or the Sterling Brunch buffet at Bally's.

The next tier down are the dinner buffets at Wynn, Bellagio, and Caesars.
mamat
mamat
February 26th, 2017 at 9:11:42 AM permalink
Quote: StevenHowdin

Try M Resort - used to be $9.99 when they opened, but higher now. In the top 10 IMO.

I think "Sushi Doh" is a better deal than most strip buffets today.
Korean & Sushi All You can eat in Chinatown.
$23 lunch. $27 dinner.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g45963-d5983037-Reviews-Doh_Sushi_Tapas-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 177
February 26th, 2017 at 10:24:51 AM permalink
Quote: mamat

Try M Resort - used to be $9.99 when they opened, but higher now.

STUDIO B BUFFET
Chefs prepare delicious appetizers, entrees and patisserie desserts. Also, enjoy complimentary beer and wine.

Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday Thursday: 11am - 2:30pm $16.99
Children 5 years 8 years $11.99

Dinner Monday Thursday: 2:30pm - 8:30pm $24.99
Children 5 years 8 years $17.99

Prime Rib Brunch Friday: 11am - 2pm $24.99
Children 5 years - 8 years $17.99

Seafood Buffet Friday: 2:30pm - 8:30pm $39.99
Children 5 years 8 years $26.99

Seafood Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 11am - 8:30pm $39.99
Children 5 years 8 years $26.99

http://www.themresort.com/restaurants-bars/dining/studio-b-buffet
The slyest rhymes, the sharpest suits; In miracles made real; Like a bird in flight on a hot sweet night; You know you're right just to hold her tight; He soothes it right, makes it out of sight; And every thing's good in the world tonight. Ladies and Gentlemen, he knows the ABC's of gaming inside and out and upside down, so please put your hands together for the Wizard of Vegas !

• Jump to: