Do not eat Red Baron Pizza

Page 2 of 3<123>
November 2nd, 2011 at 12:03:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 631
Thanks for chiming in Dr. SOOPOO. "Doctor for the day," I like that.

I didn't realize that Red Barron pizza is the frozen kind you buy at the supermarket.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
November 2nd, 2011 at 12:03:56 PM permalink
NicksGamingStuff
Threads: 48
It is possible, Food Poisoning can occur from something that was not your last meal. Since both my spouse and I are sick it is something we both ate. I understand the ideology, but I would think in either transport or manufacturing the product could have been tainted.
November 2nd, 2011 at 12:15:12 PM permalink
Tiltpoul
Threads: 32
Quote: NicksGamingStuff
It is possible, Food Poisoning can occur from something that was not your last meal. Since both my spouse and I are sick it is something we both ate. I understand the ideology, but I would think in either transport or manufacturing the product could have been tainted.

If you do believe it was because of the food, whether it was or not, you should call the comment line on the box. Inform them when you bought it, where you bought it, and give as much detail as possible. They may or may not issue a refund, but most importantly, it keeps a tracking list. If others complain, then a large scale recall can occur and you'll prevent others from getting sick.

But don't worry about me eating Red Baron pizza. That stuff is NASTY. I recommend Tombstone personal pizzas. They are really good, and I've eaten my share and I don't believe I've ever gotten sick off those.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
November 2nd, 2011 at 12:48:39 PM permalink
waltomeal
Threads: 6

Capt. von Richthofen is coming after us one at a time. Revenge is a dish best served cold!
November 2nd, 2011 at 12:49:32 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 155
It is quite possible that the product reached an unsafe temperature during transport to the supermarket, or while waiting to be stocked in the freezer at the market. It is also possible that it was allowed to warm before it made it too your house. There may be other culprits though. if your power went off an on while you were out, you may not know that things spoiled. It could also be the flu.

In any case, Powerade, or Gatorade are great for getting fluid and electrolyte levels back up. Hope you are both better soon.

As for frozen pizza reccomendations, I really enjoy "Bagel Bites". I wonder how many of them equal one slice of Costco pizza?
SUPREME CHANCELLOR of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE prediction contest
November 2nd, 2011 at 12:57:34 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 155
Quote: waltomeal
Capt. von Richthofen is coming after us one at a time. Revenge is a dish best served cold!

Ja whol, waltomeal! He always tore up Snoopy...

SUPREME CHANCELLOR of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE prediction contest
November 2nd, 2011 at 1:09:45 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 15
PowerAde and Gatorade are excellent fluid/electrolyte replacement - works in hangovers as well.

As for frozen Pizza, we like Delissio but recently the blue menu pizzas available here at Loblaws are boss.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
November 2nd, 2011 at 1:33:27 PM permalink
EvenBob
Threads: 385
My guess is its a mild form of E. Coli that made you sick. Frozen
pizza has meat and veggies, and there have been outbreaks
of E. Coli in the past related to pizza. Your back hurting is your
kidneys recovering from the infection. I'm not a doctor outside
of my home office...
"I've been around people and I've been around dogs. I prefer dogs.." Charles De Gaulle
November 2nd, 2011 at 1:43:19 PM permalink
Alan
Threads: 17
Quote: EvenBob
My guess is its a mild form of E. Coli that made you sick. Frozen
pizza has meat and veggies, and there have been outbreaks
of E. Coli in the past related to pizza. Your back hurting is your
kidneys recovering from the infection. I'm not a doctor outside
of my home office...

I think at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes(typical frozen pizza cooking temp/time range) E. Coli would be wiped out. However, if you handled the pizza before the cooking process and didn't wash your hands prior to eating it, then there could be E. Coli on your hands and re-transmitted it to the pizza when you ate it.
November 2nd, 2011 at 3:39:11 PM permalink
EvenBob
Threads: 385
Quote: Alan
I think at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes(typical frozen pizza cooking temp/time range) E. Coli would be wiped out. However, if you handled the pizza before the cooking process and didn't wash your hands prior to eating it, then there could be E. Coli on your hands and re-transmitted it to the pizza when you ate it.

Frozen pizza is known for E Coli. Totinos had a big
recall in 2007 because of it.
"I've been around people and I've been around dogs. I prefer dogs.." Charles De Gaulle
Page 2 of 3<123>