beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 76
March 17th, 2017 at 8:10:34 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I don't expect the President to be unusually frugal but securing BOTH Trump Tower And Mar-a-Lago doesn't demonstrate much concern over how he spends tax dollars. Substituting at least one of those for a less expensive secure site would show some concern for reasonable fiscal responsibility.

But no one expects that!

Exactly. There is the White House, the Residence, Camp David. There is the enormous cost of keeping those secure 24/7. Most Presidents had another place they would visit 1-2 x per year for a few weeks. Cali for Reagan, ME for Bush 41, Texas for Bush 43, Hawaii for Obama, etc.

Trump is a whole other issue and could care less what it costs, both in taxes and in impact around him. Central NYC is a complete mess near and in the Trump Tower, with hundreds of businesses constrained or customers inconvenienced to the point of no longer going there. Airports adjacent to Palm Beach have been shut down so often the small operators on them are going bankrupt.

Just a couple of examples that illustrate the difference between Trump and all other recent Presidents; he lives without consideration of those he was elected to serve.

Given his lack of any depth of knowledge on anything, I can't believe he has any idea what any of the agencies he's trying to eliminate do or what problem they were created to solve. He's just signing off on somebody else's list, probably Bannon.

See from :33 to 1:33 below for how that relationship seems to be working.

Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Mar 17, 2017
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 37
March 18th, 2017 at 2:42:29 AM permalink
I hear all the blathering about Trump having set Maddow up all over the place...but only a few of those who write that have said much about why the hell she let herself be set up in such a way. She's brilliant and has a great education, but this time she let her hatred get the best of her. She spent twenty minutes weaving a tale of how horrible Trump is...and closed the deal with something that proved absolutely nothing of the sort.

This stunt gained her a huge audience...everyone was paying attention...but when you make an ass out of yourself in front of a great audience, it means a lot of people will see you in a light that is not particularly flattering.

Just a plan stupid decision. You want people to watch you. You want people to believe you. People that don't believe you are less likely to watch you.

Wait until you have the damning evidence before you report that you have damning evidence...
RS
RS
  • Threads: 49
March 18th, 2017 at 3:32:52 AM permalink
Wasn't she the dude who was crying on election night?
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 11
March 18th, 2017 at 8:51:42 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Wasn't she the dude who was crying on election night?

Nope.
The geniuses who thought HRC was running a child sex ring out of the basement of a pizza shop just can't connect the dots on all this trump-Russia stuff....
RonC
RonC
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
March 18th, 2017 at 9:40:09 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Wait until you have the damning evidence before you report that you have damning evidence...

Just to be clear...that goes for everyone else that tweets and builds up stupid allegations with no evidence, including the President.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 25
March 18th, 2017 at 9:53:51 AM permalink

Just to be clear...that goes for everyone else that tweets and builds up stupid allegations with no evidence, including the President.

So how bout that wiretapping evidence?
RonC
RonC
March 18th, 2017 at 11:03:30 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

So how bout that wiretapping evidence?

Do you listen but not hear? I think it is perfectly clear how I feel about it and this is just an attempt to get me to defend something that is indefensible.

In case you didn't get it or have not read what I've posted, I'll try to make it a bit clearer for you:

--Trump should not tweet. Ever.

--People should not make accusations without evidence. Trump included.

--I have never seen evidence of the wiretapping claim; so the tweets should not have been made.

--People should not threaten to kill other people, even in parody form. Nugent, Madonna, Snoopy...all of them...

I am still glad Hillary Clinton is not President. That does not mean I have to like or endorse everything that President Trump does. Only a mindless moron would be in favor of everything people representing their party (including the President) do in Washington or in any state, county, or municipal government.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
March 18th, 2017 at 12:25:34 PM permalink
The way I see it.

Maddow makes a questionable presentation on TV.
Trump makes many.

As soon as Trump gets out of the various holes he digs himself into it might be a fair fight.
prisoner of gravity
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 25
March 18th, 2017 at 2:23:21 PM permalink

Do you listen but not hear? I think it is perfectly clear how I feel about it and this is just an attempt to get me to defend something that is indefensible.

I got what you said, wasn't trying to argue - just bringing up a subject along the same lines.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 40
March 18th, 2017 at 5:43:49 PM permalink
So good...Why Did The Chicken...

And more from Colbert....Is this News or a Reality Show?

Seriously, I don't care what side of the discussion you fall on...this is Baldwin on Trump or McCarthy on Spicer type quality comedy (which is also hilarious)...hopefully the MadCow can laugh at herself after this went down...not the finest journalistic moment despite all that Twitter Hype....must have been giddy that afternoon/evening before going on the air...and then the whole world is laughing at you.

Sort of an Election Night repeat for Rachel...it looked like it was going to be such a wonderful night for her and 8 hours later...a total nightmare!

Pure entertainment, as always, from TRMC.
Attempting to add value one post at a time

• Jump to: