BTLWI
BTLWI
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 299
March 18th, 2017 at 3:13:22 PM permalink
Win or lose, $125 in pulls is what you need - also called coin in.

It's kind of a dumb promotion as in a 12 pack of soda won't really draw anyone to the casino but will cost the casino a little bit to the 800 people that were already going to gamble that day anyway. They probably get soda dirt cheap if they have free soda machines already. But still sounds like rank amateurs on the marketing and promotions team.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 114
  • Posts: 12529
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiraclerainman
March 18th, 2017 at 3:18:54 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'm going to jump in really quick with some things that are Black & White, just so we can ALL come to an agreement on a few fundamental things:

1.) Demanding of Nathan to disclose a picture, ID that says, 'Karen,' 'Nathan,' 'Nathaniel,' or anything else is completely outside of the realm of what any Member on this board has the right to demand of any other Member.

2.) Nathan has not been proven to be Kentry, Dean or any other poster, so ALL accusations of Multiple Accounts need to cease and desist immediately. I know that has already been said, but I am reiterating it. If we (as Administrators) had any proof of same, Nathan would be gone and we would not be having this conversation.

3.) There should be no further accusing Nathan of being a Troll, a liar or of having no credibility. There are a few true statements, it strongly appears that Nathan misled the board about that one promotion and that Nathan misled the board, and WoN, as to her gender. It also appears that Nathan dodged answering as to his or her gender when WoN was there to meet her.

4.) WoN posted proof that he was at Gulfstream at the appointed time on the appointed day and Nathan did not. However, whether or not Nathan is a, 'Real person,' who was actually there is, at this point, inconclusive.

5.) There is the matter of the gift card, which I completely abstain from having anything to do with unless one or both parties directly ask me to mediate. However, if they do ask this, then I am going to propose a resolution to the entire matter that they may or may not like, provided they BOTH agree to my mediating it.

6. )Finally, if you think Nathan is a Troll or is not credible, then I would suggest that you use the, 'Ignore,' feature rather than keep this thread (and others) going by continuing to address someone you believe to not be credible.

What I want to see is this matter closed between WoN and Nathan which will be followed immediately by this thread being closed. I'm not going to stop anyone, but there is really little to no reason for anyone other than Nathan, WoN and any agreed upon appointed mediator to participate in this thread.

Not even that, actually, the mediation should be private, at this point, with only a result of, 'Resolved,' or 'Unresolved,' to be announced in this thread.

Do the numbers make it more official? (-;

I hope the criticisms and discussion on that other WOV outcast forum isn't affecting any decision making or what anyone does or says here.

1.) We as members of this forum can demand anything we want from him/her. He/she doesn't have to comply. He/she would have to do something in order to redeem his/herself in the eyes of the many forum members. OK, not really, It's not like there is/was really anything to redeem. No one really cares, well maybe WON does(he's just pissed it was NOT a big strong man (-; ).

The only reason why anyone ever paid attention to "guys" like Nathan, Kentry, Dean etc, was purely for the comedy and entertainment of how dumb someone could act (I still laugh at the haircut ass kicking saga, it was priceless). Half the fun was trying to figure out if this person was for real or just a troll, finding little hints indicating that they were all the same people and then pointing them out.

2.) 99.99% proof isn't enough? IIRC even BBB said the evidence was very strong. IIRC when Face banned some of B79's aliases there was not 100% proof, he just had enough good evidence regarding general locations and whatnot. I can only imagine you mods can see some fairy convincing evidence that go beyond any reasonable doubt. Obviously this has not risen to the b79 level. I'm not even rallying for his/her banning. I would just prefer he/she have only one account and keep most of her/his posts in one or two threads. I suggest he/she gets a blog here and that would solve a bunch of issues.

3.) As long as Nathan keeps making new threads and posting as if nothing happened, people are never going to completely let it go, they will just hide their insults better. If you start moderating innuendos, it's going to get very messy.

4.) Unless bots have come along way, of course Nathan IS a real person. The question is.... how many accounts has he/she made, and is she/he just making everything up, or is he/she really that_________? I'm not buying the innocent act she/he is putting on. He/she is up to something, what it is, I dont know. Perhaps she/he is just looking for a man who enjoys slotting.

5.) WON should Just pay it. If Nathan accepts the gift card for himself I will highly suspect he/she is some low level scum bucket slime ball scammer who needs it. Since she/he went out her/his way to deceive everyone she/he should do just that.

6.) Why do you want to close this tread? Why does this need to be negotiated in private? There is nothing really to be negotiated. Its a $100 Gift card for FK sake. Either he/she gets it to do as she/he pleases or not. If she/he needs it that bad just give it out of pity. Nathan said it was the principal of it? How f!#/ed up is that for her/him to say?

(Mod note. Axel, you made it to the last sentence, and then....must be your auto correct, right? Lol...masked.
Fwiw, this has been mostly on me, though I'm glad to see Face and Mission in the thread. Both parties have asked me for help, and I'm willing to moderate if it's necessary, though I don't think it is. They're both right there in Miami area. Pass the card on and be done with it. BBB )
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Mar 18, 2017
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
sammydv
sammydv
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 465
March 18th, 2017 at 3:19:14 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

If you play a slot for $1 a spin you have to spin 125 times. Your results are meaningless. After your 125 spins you go get your pop.

I see, thanks. So basically a promotion is to in some respects depending on how simple the mind, 'encourage' a person to try and bet more than they would normally.
I also see some of the reasoning of the original posters points, if one loses 25.00 while running the spins, and you get the $5 pop, it's fairly logical to think you just paid 25 bucks for a six pack of pop. Obviously, the casino is taking the loss risk on the pop, hoping you are in the losing bracket.

But you may or may not have played that much in the first place. I just wanted to be sure the casino was not asking you to LOSE 125.00 up front before giving you the promotion. It's getting clearer now.

The casinos are very much like the old green stamps, where one had to buy 10,000 dollars worth of groceries just to turn in the stamps for a garlic press.
sammydv
sammydv
Joined: Mar 25, 2016
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 465
March 18th, 2017 at 3:25:32 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

Win or lose, $125 in pulls is what you need - also called coin in.

It's kind of a dumb promotion as in a 12 pack of soda won't really draw anyone to the casino but will cost the casino a little bit to the 800 people that were already going to gamble that day anyway. They probably get soda dirt cheap if they have free soda machines already. But still sounds like rank amateurs on the marketing and promotions team.

Thank you BT, I read that after I posted, that also helps.
Maybe I should check for promotions before I go from now on. I like pepsi.
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 3651
March 18th, 2017 at 3:37:11 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing


First off face- you are assuming that I was there and by myself

Secondly I am. Not working as hard as I use to- I have others working. So yes I am primarily in Florida.
I don't card count, I play rated and most of my plays the casino allows and encourages so I'm really not trying to protect the way a known card counter would - but regardless I'm happy to discuss this with you via pm or textbit rather not put more out there - disclosing I was at gulfstream is not that big I a deal - but I don't put plays in the forum



No, no, not asking for details that could reveal plays. I was more curious as to the motives that would allow for identifying yourself to casino personnel.

And you're right, I pretty much assumed you were wandering around the bank yourself, face buried in a cell phone. That's why it struck me as odd, and planted the curiosity.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 114
  • Posts: 12529
March 18th, 2017 at 3:52:56 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

Win or lose, $125 in pulls is what you need - also called coin in.

It's kind of a dumb promotion as in a 12 pack of soda won't really draw anyone to the casino but will cost the casino a little bit to the 800 people that were already going to gamble that day anyway. They probably get soda dirt cheap if they have free soda machines already. But still sounds like rank amateurs on the marketing and promotions team.

Over the years there have been lots of Pepsi give-a-ways(some where it was extremely easy to get). I always wondered if Pepsi just gave the casino all the that free soda knowing(or with an agreement) the casino would heavily advertise the promotion, in turn that would help advertise Pepsi. Pepsi gets free marketing and advertising at a much lower cost.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MaxPen
MaxPen 
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 1018
March 18th, 2017 at 3:56:20 PM permalink


rainman
rainman
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 1140
March 18th, 2017 at 4:10:22 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen





Nope, hang in there
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 9084
March 18th, 2017 at 5:17:39 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

D

I hope the criticisms and discussion on that other WOV outcast forum isn't affecting any decision making or what anyone does or says here.



I'm not at all concerned about the other Forum. My point is that all of this is between WoN and Nathan, and a Mediator (f they so choose) at this point. There was a certain $100 Macy's Gift Card that WoN offered to give Nathan if Nathan could prove she was a real person by meeting him at the casino at an appointed date and an appointed time. WoN was definitely at said casino and has plenty of documented proof of same, Nathan was...quite possibly, perhaps probably...at the casino, but has no proof.

While still at the casino WoN asked Nathan for Nathan's gender, and Nathan did not answer said question until after WoN had already left the casino, as I understand it. Also, as I understand it, if Nathan had posted back and said, 'Female,' WoN would have approached Nathan. Presumably, the gift card would have been given with no issues.

Quote:

1.) We as members of this forum can demand anything we want from him/her. He/she doesn't have to comply. He/she would have to do something in order to redeem his/herself in the eyes of the many forum members. OK, not really, It's not like there is/was really anything to redeem. No one really cares, well maybe WON does(he's just pissed it was NOT a big strong man (-; ).

The only reason why anyone ever paid attention to "guys" like Nathan, Kentry, Dean etc, was purely for the comedy and entertainment of how dumb someone could act (I still laugh at the haircut ass kicking saga, it was priceless). Half the fun was trying to figure out if this person was for real or just a troll, finding little hints indicating that they were all the same people and then pointing them out.



I suppose anyone can technically demand whatever they want, but whether or not they can do it reasonably is another matter. I'm not going to demand a person put a picture of himself/herself up on here unless I have done the same, and not even then.

I don't think there is any, 'Fun,' in making 17,245 posts about someone being a Troll or Sock when it cannot be proven to the satisfaction of the Administrators of the Board (myself included) that the person is either of those things. If such an accusation must be made, then it should be made by PM to the Administrators in the first place lest it constitute Personal Insult.

The reason why is because it essentially (at least in terms of Socks) demands that the person prove a negative. How could Nathan prove that she is not Kentry? How could you prove you are not Kentry? How could I prove I am not Kentry?

The answer is that nobody can prove that they are not Kentry and, when it comes to banning for multi-accounting, circumstantial evidence (subject matter, writing styles) in and of itself does not cut the mustard.

For instance, Krava has also been accused of being Nathan and Kentry and I am as close to 100% sure as anyone could ever be that Krava is neither of those people. However, it still cannot be proven.

So, some people might have fun with the whole thing and that's all well and fine, but it's not fair to the person being accused and it is outright annoying to most of us, including us Administrators who have to try to enforce the Rules of the Board including those being broken by openly accusing someone of Trolling or being a Sock.

In fact, actions such as those also make it more difficult to Nuke someone because it then looks like we are Nuking on demand, which is certainly not the goal. That would mean that any number of Members could merely accuse anyone new of being a sock and then the expectation would be we Nuke them, but I don't want to do that (obviously) I want to have a welcoming atmosphere for new Members. Dragging crap like this out, in general, and especially into multiple threads, doesn't do that. It makes it an unwelcoming atmosphere for anyone.

Quote:

2.) 99.99% proof isn't enough? IIRC even BBB said the evidence was very strong. IIRC when Face banned some of B79's aliases there was not 100% proof, he just had enough good evidence regarding general locations and whatnot. I can only imagine you mods can see some fairy convincing evidence that go beyond any reasonable doubt. Obviously this has not risen to the b79 level. I'm not even rallying for his/her banning. I would just prefer he/she have only one account and keep most of her/his posts in one or two threads. I suggest he/she gets a blog here and that would solve a bunch of issues.



I have not found any evidence, in this case, that goes 100% beyond a reasonable doubt. If I had, then I would have Nuked Nathan already.

I think we all agree that Nathan has created threads of varying quality, and I recently Locked a non-gambling thread of Nathan's due to the fact that there are two existing threads that would have been appropriate for the subject matter. When it comes to gambling-related posts, then that's going to be a pretty high standard to Nuke a gambling-related post, especially if there are no active threads that obviously consist of the subject matter of the post.

Quote:

3.) As long as Nathan keeps making new threads and posting as if nothing happened, people are never going to completely let it go, they will just hide their insults better. If you start moderating innuendos, it's going to get very messy.



Nathan has been Suspended, previously, one week for Trolling. The next Suspension, for most reasons, would likely be two weeks. That would be followed by a month, then either ninety days or a Nuke. There are some offenses that would result in an immediate Nuke.

Beyond that, Nathan should have the same protection of the Rules that any other poster enjoys. If it gets messy beyond that, then it gets messy.

Quote:

4.) Unless bots have come along way, of course Nathan IS a real person. The question is.... how many accounts has he/she made, and is she/he just making everything up, or is he/she really that_________? I'm not buying the innocent act she/he is putting on. He/she is up to something, what it is, I dont know. Perhaps she/he is just looking for a man who enjoys slotting.



The question is one of, "Who was actually there," as in, at GulfStream that day. Other than that, it's a very simple equation, either Nathan violates a Rule or Nathan does not.

Quote:

5.) WON should Just pay it. If Nathan accepts the gift card for himself I will highly suspect he/she is some low level scum bucket slime ball scammer who needs it. Since she/he went out her/his way to deceive everyone she/he should do just that.



Tough to say, Nathan would already have the gift card had she made herself known as a female before WoN left the casino.

Quote:

6.) Why do you want to close this tread? Why does this need to be negotiated in private? There is nothing really to be negotiated. Its a $100 Gift card for FK sake. Either he/she gets it to do as she/he pleases or not. If she/he needs it that bad just give it out of pity. Nathan said it was the principal of it? How fucked up is that for her/him to say?



I want an agreement to be reached as to the gift card and I want us to move on (as a Forum) from this subject matter and to something that could possibly be mistaken for being gambling-related. It should be negotiated in private because it is now Nathan and WoN's business and any potential Mediator.

This whole thing has also publicly jumped the shark, anyway, with demands for people to produce pictures of themselves and everything else. None of these things have anything to do with the goals or purpose of this Forum.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 9084
March 18th, 2017 at 5:29:22 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Over the years there have been lots of Pepsi give-a-ways(some where it was extremely easy to get). I always wondered if Pepsi just gave the casino all the that free soda knowing(or with an agreement) the casino would heavily advertise the promotion, in turn that would help advertise Pepsi. Pepsi gets free marketing and advertising at a much lower cost.



That wouldn't surprise me. Typically not twelve-packs, but at several events and venues soda companies have given away smaller units of their product freely.
Vultures can't be choosers.

  • Jump to: